Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
Results 46 to 60 of 145
  1. #46
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Flock of Sheep No.97 near BAAA BAA lane
    Posts
    15,846
    He isn't helping the democrat party by catering to the republicans in his state. He should be selling the party to them not trying to impress them with his bi-partisanship that serves only the republican party.
    There are three kinds of men. The one that learns by reading. The few who learn by observation. The rest of them have to pee on the electric fence for themselves.

    Will Rogers

  2. #47
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    4,574
    Quote Originally Posted by WES445 View Post
    Who do you think he is more loyal to, himself or the democrat party? Remember he has a close relationship with his donors so he isn't beholding to the DNC or Pelosi. You can tell that by how he playing his cards lately.

    If the republican party wasn't so nutty right now, I would bet straight up on that.
    I would hope he is more loyal to the people who voted for him.


    And being from WV, they’re likely conservatives.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "But yeah...this is the BLM era and the Dems are running a mass incarceration ticket." ManRam

  3. #48
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    America
    Posts
    100,762
    Quote Originally Posted by WES445 View Post
    He isn't helping the democrat party by catering to the republicans in his state. He should be selling the party to them not trying to impress them with his bi-partisanship that serves only the republican party.
    I would trust his wisdom on how to win in West Virginia. I’d bet he knows more than you or me. He needs to do what it takes to win in that state and I’d bet based on his incredible success politically there that selling the party to them isn’t the path to victory.

  4. #49
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    40,523
    Quote Originally Posted by WES445 View Post
    The way Manchin is acting that majority is only an illusion, especially if he is successful in blocking their legislation.
    Well, no, it's not. Legislation is not the only thing that happens in the Senate; it's why McConnell was such an outsized problem. Having control of the Senate, for example, allowed Biden to confirm more judges by July 1 than anyone else in the last 50 years.

    And that majority is going to really matter of a SCOTUS seat opens up between now and the next election. It's the difference between Garland not even being considered and Amy Coney Barett being rushed through.

    I don't know what you hope to accomplish by having the four progressives in West Virginia try to primary him, either. Without Manchin, his seat 100% goes red. Focusing on him like this is not the way to make him irrelevant, focusing on vulnerable Republicans is. Once he's not the difference between control of the Senate, no one is going to give a **** what he wants.

    There's just no reason to shoot ourselves in the foot here. It's entirely an unforced error.


    "`Can you explain this gap in your resume?`

    `Well, the vaccinated hosts on the news channel I like convinced me to resign to protest my work's vaccine mandate and take a few years off to help extend the pandemic”" - @LOLGOP

  5. #50
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    40,523
    This is kind of a microcosm of one of my frustrations with the Bernie version of progressives. There's a kind of willful ignorance happening, where they pretend that a Bernie/AOC/whoever clone can win in any district in any state because there's some underground group of progressives that never vote but will come out of the woodwork for these progressive candidates. It's just not true.

    I watched it happen right in my own state. We can get people from St. Louis and KC (hello, Cori Bush!), but outside of that Missouri if a ****ing nightmare. Claire McCaskill became a progressive enemy because she wasn't far enough left for them, and who replaced her? Josh raise-your-****ing-fist-to-the-insurrectionists Hawley. If anyone on the left tells you that's an upgrade, they're a ****ing liar who should never be listened to again. If Claire McCaskill can't win a statewide office, and we can't even get rid of Governor Hee Haw as he does **** all in the middle of a pandemic.

    A ****** Democrat that is going to vote with you most of the time is always, always going to be better than a Republican like Hawley or Cruz or Rubio or any of these other *******s that are actively trying to cause harm and, now apparently, give cover to people that want to overthrow elections. Some places will elect a Cori Bush. Some places will elect a Joe Manchin. I will take both of those over another Josh Hawley.


    "`Can you explain this gap in your resume?`

    `Well, the vaccinated hosts on the news channel I like convinced me to resign to protest my work's vaccine mandate and take a few years off to help extend the pandemic”" - @LOLGOP

  6. #51
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Flock of Sheep No.97 near BAAA BAA lane
    Posts
    15,846
    Quote Originally Posted by dbroncos78087 View Post
    I would trust his wisdom on how to win in West Virginia. I’d bet he knows more than you or me. He needs to do what it takes to win in that state and I’d bet based on his incredible success politically there that selling the party to them isn’t the path to victory.
    I don't care about his wisdom on West Virginia when it interferes with pasting DNC legislation. Ensuring Mankin re-election should be the farther thing on your mind unless you are playing a team sport.
    There are three kinds of men. The one that learns by reading. The few who learn by observation. The rest of them have to pee on the electric fence for themselves.

    Will Rogers

  7. #52
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Flock of Sheep No.97 near BAAA BAA lane
    Posts
    15,846
    Manchin should be primary just fo that leak tape conservation between him and his donors, his connection to big oil, is this the democrat values you are pushing by supporting Joe Manchin? Talking about his wisdom?
    There are three kinds of men. The one that learns by reading. The few who learn by observation. The rest of them have to pee on the electric fence for themselves.

    Will Rogers

  8. #53
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    40,523
    Quote Originally Posted by WES445 View Post
    I don't care about his wisdom on West Virginia when it interferes with pasting DNC legislation. Ensuring Mankin re-election should be the farther thing on your mind unless you are playing a team sport.
    You know who's going to care even less about passing that legislation? The Republican that replaces him.


    "`Can you explain this gap in your resume?`

    `Well, the vaccinated hosts on the news channel I like convinced me to resign to protest my work's vaccine mandate and take a few years off to help extend the pandemic”" - @LOLGOP

  9. #54
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    40,523
    Quote Originally Posted by WES445 View Post
    Manchin should be primary just fo that leak tape conservation between him and his donors, his connection to big oil, is this the democrat values you are pushing by supporting Joe Manchin?
    Who is supporting Joe Manchin? I'm acknowledging the reality of the situation. I also said that we can, and should, make him irrelevant.


    "`Can you explain this gap in your resume?`

    `Well, the vaccinated hosts on the news channel I like convinced me to resign to protest my work's vaccine mandate and take a few years off to help extend the pandemic”" - @LOLGOP

  10. #55
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Flock of Sheep No.97 near BAAA BAA lane
    Posts
    15,846
    Quote Originally Posted by natepro View Post
    You know who's going to care even less about passing that legislation? The Republican that replaces him.
    A no vote is no vote regardless of who cast it. Are we settling for the illusion of him being supportive because he as a D before his title? We are advocating supporting a big oil brought politician, with connecting to the Koch brothers.

    All I am saying if you are supporting Manchin for the sake of the party, don't come in here six months down the road complaining about how people keep voting in the same bums.
    There are three kinds of men. The one that learns by reading. The few who learn by observation. The rest of them have to pee on the electric fence for themselves.

    Will Rogers

  11. #56
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Flock of Sheep No.97 near BAAA BAA lane
    Posts
    15,846
    Quote Originally Posted by natepro View Post
    Who is supporting Joe Manchin? I'm acknowledging the reality of the situation. I also said that we can, and should, make him irrelevant.
    Sorry, you came into a conservation between me and DB about the worth of Joe Manchin. so your post seems to support DB.
    There are three kinds of men. The one that learns by reading. The few who learn by observation. The rest of them have to pee on the electric fence for themselves.

    Will Rogers

  12. #57
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    40,523
    Quote Originally Posted by WES445 View Post
    A no vote is no vote regardless of who cast it. Are we settling for the illusion of him being supportive because he as a D before his title? We are advocating supporting a big oil brought politician, with connecting to the Koch brothers.

    All I am saying if you are supporting Manchin for the sake of the party, don't come in here six months down the road complaining about how people keep voting in the same bums.
    Again.

    I'm not supporting Manchin. I am acknowledging that West Virginia was Trump's 2nd strongest state in 2020, he won over 68% of the vote there, and yet one of the two Senate seats from that state is blue. That matters.

    Per 538's tracking, Manchin voted with Trump's position on something 50.4% of the time. Want to guess what that number was for West Virginia's other Senator, Capito? 92.1%.

    Less no votes are better than more no votes. That's easy math.


    "`Can you explain this gap in your resume?`

    `Well, the vaccinated hosts on the news channel I like convinced me to resign to protest my work's vaccine mandate and take a few years off to help extend the pandemic”" - @LOLGOP

  13. #58
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    America
    Posts
    100,762
    Quote Originally Posted by WES445 View Post
    A no vote is no vote regardless of who cast it. Are we settling for the illusion of him being supportive because he as a D before his title? We are advocating supporting a big oil brought politician, with connecting to the Koch brothers.

    All I am saying if you are supporting Manchin for the sake of the party, don't come in here six months down the road complaining about how people keep voting in the same bums.
    What has be voted no on exactly?

  14. #59
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Flock of Sheep No.97 near BAAA BAA lane
    Posts
    15,846
    Oh, please don't act like he has a clean slate, just his leaked tape talked with his donors, blackball him to me. You know money and politic and the bums who profit off it.
    There are three kinds of men. The one that learns by reading. The few who learn by observation. The rest of them have to pee on the electric fence for themselves.

    Will Rogers

  15. #60
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Flock of Sheep No.97 near BAAA BAA lane
    Posts
    15,846
    Quote Originally Posted by natepro View Post
    Again.

    I'm not supporting Manchin. I am acknowledging that West Virginia was Trump's 2nd strongest state in 2020, he won over 68% of the vote there, and yet one of the two Senate seats from that state is blue. That matters.

    Per 538's tracking, Manchin voted with Trump's position on something 50.4% of the time. Want to guess what that number was for West Virginia's other Senator, Capito? 92.1%.

    Less no votes are better than more no votes. That's easy math.
    He is still a money-grubbing politician, who puts big money before the common people. You are trying to sell me on team strategy where I won't give a crap about it if things don't get done. If the Democrats achieve their goals, fine, you can keep your little corrupt donor whore politician, But if the moderate fail, I going to point fingers at people and the DNC's political strategy. I don't think I will be the only one feeling that way when election time comes around.
    There are three kinds of men. The one that learns by reading. The few who learn by observation. The rest of them have to pee on the electric fence for themselves.

    Will Rogers

Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •