Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    I am just noticing the first impression he gave was how it benefited the incumbents, which isn't my concern compared to what needs to be done still. If they don't get the job done, I will be pushing for them to lose in the primaries. I am far from seeking benefits for the incumbents, including the progressives.
    There are three kinds of men. The one that learns by reading. The few who learn by observation. The rest of them have to pee on the electric fence for themselves.

Will Rogers

Quote Originally Posted by WES445 View Post
    I am just noticing the first impression he gave was how it benefited the incumbents, which isn't my concern compared to what needs to be done still. If they don't get the job done, I will be pushing for them to lose in the primaries. I am far from seeking benefits for the incumbents, including the progressives.
    I don't know the specifics of this deal other than the dollar values that got outlined for each of the infrastructure areas. My guess is that it's probably not enough to fix everything we need fixed. But what I do know is that it will allow very many giant scissor events for incumbents.
    Let's get embedded tweets working again!

https://forums.prosportsdaily.com/sh...5#post33780085

Unless it was referring to something else and I misread it, this bill did not include the Hyde Amendment, which could be a significant step to increasing abortion access.

Quote Originally Posted by natepro View Post
    Unless it was referring to something else and I misread it, this bill did not include the Hyde Amendment, which could be a significant step to increasing abortion access.
    No bill with Democrats in charge should ever include Hyde Amendment language. That archaic piece of **** needs to be buried.

I dont get Sinema.

Quote Originally Posted by MRSpock View Post
    I dont get Sinema.
    Seems like she just wants to be there to get the resume updated.
    Let's get embedded tweets working again!

https://forums.prosportsdaily.com/sh...5#post33780085

I have noticed that she and Mankin are getting support from the republican congressional members and talking heads. Kind of reminds me of the late Senator Lieberman decades ago. I wouldn't be surprised if she becomes a republican somewhere down the road.
    There are three kinds of men. The one that learns by reading. The few who learn by observation. The rest of them have to pee on the electric fence for themselves.

Will Rogers

I have noticed that she and Mankin are getting support from the republican congressional members and talking heads. Kind of reminds me of the late Senator Lieberman decades ago. I wouldn't be surprised if she becomes a republican somewhere down the road.
    Hes not going to become a Republican. Hes a conservative Democrat. That is allowed.

Quote Originally Posted by dbroncos78087 View Post
    Hes not going to become a Republican. Hes a conservative Democrat. That is allowed.
    I read a recent expose on Manchin in Harpers, which led me to thinking that hes pretty much cut from the same cloth as Mitch McConnell.

I was not surprised.

Quote Originally Posted by Crovash View Post
    I read a recent expose on Manchin in Harpers, which led me to thinking that hes pretty much cut from the same cloth as Mitch McConnell.

I was not surprised.
    Manchin voted for the ARP. He voted for infrastructure bill. Hes voted for countless bills that Mitch would have filibustered or otherwise voted against. This is a pretty irresponsible claim.

Manchin is only a problem because of how narrow the Dem majority is in the Senate. He's also the reason there is a majority. For as infuriating as he can be, it's hard to overstate how big it is that a seat in West Virginia is blue.

The way Manchin is acting that majority is only an illusion, especially if he is successful in blocking their legislation.

Will Rogers

Democrats, moderate and progressive should primary his arse out when he comes up for re-election. You can't let this go.

Will Rogers

Quote Originally Posted by dbroncos78087 View Post
    Who do you think he is more loyal to, himself or the democrat party? Remember he has a close relationship with his donors so he isn't beholding to the DNC or Pelosi. You can tell that by how he playing his cards lately.

If the republican party wasn't so nutty right now, I would bet straight up on that.

Will Rogers

I can understand Manchin at least politically though. He's a Democrat in a state that doesn't vote for Democrats.

Sinema was a more left than you'd think Democrat out of Arizona, a state that has gone from red to purple. Her state has gone more left while she's gone more right.

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast