Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by WES445 View Post
    Oh, man, I am totally out of this game. I will just sit back and laugh at "useful idiots" cheering on politicians who don't give a crap about them.

"But, But, But the republican will gain majority" The democrat has been playing that fear for forty-some decades while achieving nothing for the working poor and got us in the mess we are in now. How long have they been talking about criminal justice, fair wages, and protecting the environment?

You are being played son. Just like the republicans play their own. "Yeah, he says racist things, but, but, but the democrat will gain the majority and we can't have that"
    You really shouldn't be calling anyone a "useful idiot" Wes.

Quote Originally Posted by MRSpock View Post
    You really shouldn't be calling anyone a "useful idiot" Wes.
    We all are useful idiots, peons without power, but at least I don't support corrupt politicians in the name of party unity and dominance.

I don't know if you go as far as DB in accepting that fact for the good of the team
    Last edited by WES445; 08-01-2021 at 05:38 PM.
    There are three kinds of men. The one that learns by reading. The few who learn by observation. The rest of them have to pee on the electric fence for themselves.

Will Rogers

We all are useful idiots, peons without power, but at least I don't support corrupt politicians in the name of party unity and dominance.

I don't know if you go as far as DB in accepting that fact for the good of the team
    Our power is in activism and in voting. We have power (granted not much individually for the most part).

But I think you need to accept we do not live in a world where a WV politician is some super progressive. Whether Manchin is corrupt or not is irrelevant. And you are chalking people not agreeing with you as being "corrupt".

And BTW I don't agree with a lot of people from WV either, I'm just pointing out you're pointing the finger at the wrong obstacle here.

Are there times in our political history things have gone south because of ulterior motives, and backroom dealing? Definitely and in some cases probably (for example why we don't have a public option right now, **** you Joe Lieberman).

BUt you start calling EVERYTHING corrupt. It starts to lose it's meaning, and starts to become a bit of a meme.

Well, enjoy your corrupt politicians and system. If they don't get anything accomplishes, you will still have your majority.. until the next election.

Funny, you've been doing this for how long, and what has it got you, Donald Trump? Couldn't beat a game show host who was a racist and sexist pig. Impressive. It took two tries to beat him.
    That's what happens when you let the people vote. They did the same thing with Reagan in the 80s. They vote for a showman who is so far out of his league, other people have to clean up the mess, people forget how badly the last showman ****ed things up, they vote for a showman who is so far out of his league. Rinse and repeat. We will do it again in about 20-30 years.
    Let's get embedded tweets working again!

https://forums.prosportsdaily.com/sh...5#post33780085

Quote Originally Posted by dbroncos78087 View Post
    That's what happens when you let the people vote. They did the same thing with Reagan in the 80s. They vote for a showman who is so far out of his league, other people have to clean up the mess, people forget how badly the last showman ****ed things up, they vote for a showman who is so far out of his league. Rinse and repeat. We will do it again in about 20-30 years.
    You are just circling the drain, dude, clinging on these guys.
    There are three kinds of men. The one that learns by reading. The few who learn by observation. The rest of them have to pee on the electric fence for themselves.

Will Rogers

Quote Originally Posted by MRSpock View Post
    Our power is in activism and in voting. We have power (granted not much individually for the most part).

But I think you need to accept we do not live in a world where a WV politician is some super progressive. Whether Manchin is corrupt or not is irrelevant. And you are chalking people not agreeing with you as being "corrupt".

And BTW I don't agree with a lot of people from WV either, I'm just pointing out you're pointing the finger at the wrong obstacle here.

Are there times in our political history things have gone south because of ulterior motives, and backroom dealing? Definitely and in some cases probably (for example why we don't have a public option right now, **** you Joe Lieberman).

BUt you start calling EVERYTHING corrupt. It starts to lose it's meaning, and starts to become a bit of a meme.
    I see the word "dirt" hasn't lost its meaning over centuries of being dirt and people still act accordingly to it. Corruption hasn't or won't lose its meaning, it is the reaction to it that does. You are so use to it existing in our political system that you have come to accept this is the natural course of things. The word doesn't shock you. In fact, you even support corrupt politicians because it has come naturally to you. It is a part of doing what is acceptable. Living with corruption.

Probably why so many republicans accepted the business corruption that Trump has committed. He cheated on taxes, use his position to enrich his family, so what they all do it. We are trained to accept corruption.
    Last edited by WES445; 08-01-2021 at 08:33 PM.

Will Rogers

These politicians don't deserve you or your vote.

Will Rogers

These politicians don't deserve you or your vote.
    I donít think all politicians are corrupt or donít care about who they represent. I think many more than we want to admit do care, thatís why a tremendous amount of people get into politics in the first place.

I see the word "dirt" hasn't lost its meaning over centuries of being dirt and people still act accordingly to it. Corruption hasn't or won't lose its meaning, it is the reaction to it that does. You are so use to it existing in our political system that you have come to accept this is the natural course of things. The word doesn't shock you. In fact, you even support corrupt politicians because it has come naturally to you. It is a part of doing what is acceptable. Living with corruption.

Probably why so many republicans accepted the business corruption that Trump has committed. He cheated on taxes, use his position to enrich his family, so what they all do it. We are trained to accept corruption.
    In all reality, and this isn't mean trying to be a dick.

Why do you vote, or follow politics at all Wes?

If it's all corrupt, and your vote doesn't matter, and everyone is a liar, and a con...

Then why in any way support anyone ever? Why go on a political forum to talk politics if you already believe the game is rigged?

Oh, man, I am totally out of this game. I will just sit back and laugh at "useful idiots" cheering on politicians who don't give a crap about them.

"But, But, But the republican will gain majority" The democrat has been playing that fear for forty-some decades while achieving nothing for the working poor and got us in the mess we are in now. How long have they been talking about criminal justice, fair wages, and protecting the environment?

You are being played son. Just like the republicans play their own. "Yeah, he says racist things, but, but, but the democrat will gain the majority and we can't have that"
    I'm not your son, and I'm not a useful idiot, and you can get the **** out of here with both of those, chief. I'm sorry the reality of the situation is such a struggle for you to accept, but no one else is obligated to join you in this delusion that it would be better to have a second Republican from West Virginia in the Senate. Because no matter how much you try to cloak your ramblings in righteous indignation, that is the end result. How excited are you for the SCOTUS Justice McConnell will let Biden have if you get your wish? Assuming he does, of course. It's not like having McConnell rubbing the Senate turned out poorly when Obama had a SCOTUS vacancy, right? You must be giddy at the thought of keeping the seat vacant until we can get another Amy Coney Barrett.

Quote Originally Posted by natepro View Post
    I'm not your son, and I'm not a useful idiot, and you can get the **** out of here with both of those, chief. I'm sorry the reality of the situation is such a struggle for you to accept, but no one else is obligated to join you in this delusion that it would be better to have a second Republican from West Virginia in the Senate. Because no matter how much you try to cloak your ramblings in righteous indignation, that is the end result. How excited are you for the SCOTUS Justice McConnell will let Biden have if you get your wish? Assuming he does, of course. It's not like having McConnell rubbing the Senate turned out poorly when Obama had a SCOTUS vacancy, right? You must be giddy at the thought of keeping the seat vacant until we can get another Amy Coney Barrett.
    This perfectly sums up 95% of his posts.

Quote Originally Posted by natepro View Post
    What you fail to understand, is I know the system is corrupt, so why should I support it? I don't give a crap about your hereditary tribal arch-rival McConnell because he is corrupt too. The reality you are asking me to accept is it is better to support your corrupt guy over the republican corrupt guy. My failure to do so is the problem you are having. I didn't swear fealty to your team

How long have we been playing this game? And things keep getting worse. Sorry, can't play that rah rah team crap. If the politician is corrupt I won't support him or the party that only embolden them to continue their merry ways and while being obstructionist to policies we need.
    Last edited by WES445; 08-01-2021 at 09:36 PM.

Will Rogers

It isn't about being giddy about anything. I refuse to support a corrupt politician because he is corrupt. Nothing more nothing less.

Really, giddy over republicans getting something? I'm more pissed that the DNC in the past couldn't stop them from getting what they want and running whoever, whatever to win the presidency.

Will Rogers

It isn't about being giddy about anything. I refuse to support a corrupt politician because he is corrupt. Nothing more nothing less.

Really, giddy over republicans getting something? I'm more pissed that the DNC in the past couldn't stop them from getting what they want and running whoever, whatever to win the presidency.
    And how did you expect them to do that if youíre not voting or supporting them?

Quote Originally Posted by valade16 View Post
    I donít think all politicians are corrupt or donít care about who they represent. I think many more than we want to admit do care, thatís why a tremendous amount of people get into politics in the first place.
    If you got corrupt politicians setting the rules, banging the gravel, and deciding what becomes law, who gets campaign support or primary, it doesn't matter what the ratio between honest and corrupt is.

It was caught on C-span, a House member handing out donor checks to his party member on the House floor. Just doing business.

Will Rogers

Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast