Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    I thought Love was decent overall. The backup oline had troubles and the zero run game killed him on some of the drives because they couldn't get any yards and were stuck in 3rd and long.

But Love seemed decisive with the ball and didn't have happy feet in the pocket where he'd look to run after his first read. That's about all you can ask for for his first game action in a year and a half.

Didnít get to watch much of the game today, but what I did watch BUF and Josh Allen looked good lol. Seriously though, thought it was kind of odd to see BUF playing so many starters and so deep into the game. I guess 2 different mindsets, GB playing cautious and BUF wanting to be at full speed come week 1. From the little I did see Amari Rodgers made a tough catch and seemed to played well with his opportunities. I know Love is playing with an OL fighting to make the team, but those throws off his back foot when pressure was in his face is a bit concerning to me. He threw one up that was an interception (possibly def pass interference not called) but another when they were in Redzone looked as if he threw in double coverage with a 3rd db jumping in and knocking away before his teammate was able to get an interception. Probably overreacting but not a good start to a long season. Please tell me how wrong I am lol

the only thing I really have to say about todays game is the Bills played their starters for most of the 1st half against the Packers 2nd string and lowers and still only managed 13 points

Love made two bad decisions under pressure. But those are great learning experiences. You can't simulate that in practice. Sure, you can do drills and what not, but practice sacks and pressures don't have the same ramifications.

But I like what he's done. Let's not forget most young qbs make mistakes like that. The only way to learn from those is to make them.

And on the other hand, they would have scored on the first drive if they had the starters outside of Rodgers. They moved the ball well and that 3rd and goal from the 1 is a TD if any of the other TEs are in the game instead of Sternberger. Or if the WR is adams instead of begelton on 4th. The throw was pretty decent and it might have been PI, but if that's adams (or probably even lazard, cobb or MVS), there's a decent chance that's a TD.

The bills played basically all their starters on defense. We played 3 starters (the 3 interior OL) and if everyone was healthy, it's 2 starters. Add in Dillon who will get a decent snap share and we had 4, maybe 5 guys who will actually play real snaps this year when we're heathy vs the Billa first defense. And we still almost marched down the field and scored.

Love has stuff to work on. But he also did some things well. He plays well in rhythm. He has a strong arm. He made some good throws. He needs reps. If he would have to be the starter this year for whatever reason, I think we'll win some games. Not sure if it's playoffs or not, it would really depend on how he grows. But there's definitely the makings of an NFL qb in there. Not sure if it's great qb or even a good qb, but he has shown more signs to me than any non Rodgers qb we've had in a long time.

Other notes for the preseason as a whole, Royce Newman looks like a dude. I don't love the idea of 2 rookies starting on the interior but I think he's been the best OG we have so far in the preseason, excluding Jenkins of course. Assuming no other injuries, I think Newman stays the starter even after DB returns eventually. I think he's been our top or top 2 ranked PFF lineman all 3 games.

I'm sure he'll have some hiccups too, but Myers looks pretty good as well. Looks like a potential long term starter in the league.

Dillon looks good. Hill looks good. I love Jones, but those two deserve some reps. Jones has never been a big snap share guy, so those two will play and both look pretty good so far.

Defense is hard to say. Slaton looks like he can at least be a big body, run stuffer. Other than that not too many guys really actually played for preferred starters.

I fine with just having Hill be a productive returner for awhile. Letís see how Jones and Dillon work. But I do think Hill is an interesting piece.

Iím just hoping to addition of Heflin and Slaton and Stokes out D is finally top 10 Ö. With our offense of the D is top 10 look out!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by petrey10 View Post
    I fine with just having Hill be a productive returner for awhile. Letís see how Jon koes and Dillon work. But I do think Hill is an interesting piece.

Iím just hoping to addition of Heflin and Slaton and Stokes out D is finally top 10 Ö. With our offense of the D is top 10 look out!!!!
    To be honest, I don't see any of those 3 playing a ton right away. With Z potentially out, we may go with a few more down lineman than normal, but when everyone is healthy, Slaton and Heflin are DL4 and 5 and we traditionally haven't played more than 2 super often. So I don't see either getting a ton of snaps yet to really make a difference.

And I know it's a wildly unpopular opinion on this forum, but if Kevin king is healthy, I still think he's CB2. And as stokes is primarily training on the outside, Sully will still most likely play the main slot snaps. Jaire could slide in at times, but I think at least for the early going, stokes is CB4. Longer term and maybe even by early season stokes may take over, but he hasnt been lights out and I really think GB likes King more than we all think.

If this defense is going to improve, Campbell is probably the most important new addition. Hopefully add some growth from Gary, Barnes, and maybe Keke. Maybe Lowry plays a full season like he did towards the back half of last year. Maybe even savage has another gear and improves a bit. Those guys are all likely going to be bigger parts of improvement than those rookies.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12