Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Rooster man headed to the Bronx, even though the Yankees don't have much of a shot at winning the division.

Future Hall of Shamers:
    (1) B.A.L.C.O. Barroids (2) Mark McJuicer (3) Jose Chem-seco (4) Rafael Palmeiroids (5) Ken Chem-initi (6) Jason Gi-andro (7) Ryan Fraud (8) Muscle Melk (9) Woman-Ram (10) Shammy Sosa (11) Roger Clear-mens (12) A-Roid (13) Ryan HGHoward

Yah dont really get this move for the Yankees. They already have enough players that hit bombs and strike out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think this encapsulates this trade well.

https://twitter.com/UrinatingTree/st...43444045504514

Everything that's already been said is pretty much how the deal makes me feel. I immediately did a double take when I heard the news, this trade made so little sense.

I get that with a payroll that large and a team that talented with sky high expectations, the Yankees wanted to try and take their shot. I don't blame them for trying to be buyers as a .500 team. But this just doesn't feel like the move they should have made.

and according to CBS Sports' home page, the Brewers traded Eduardo Escobar to the Dbacks
    (psst, guys...it's the other way around, yet you've left that up for almost 2 hours and counting)
    gotta love 'referential' treatment

Yankees cleaned out their minor league 2Bs. I guess they are going to find a shortstop so Torres can move back there. Trevor Story?

And, by the way, who plays CF now? Gallo has played 55 games there in his career. Judge has played 10 games there. Stanton has played 1 game there. I would think you would want all 3 of these bats in the lineup as often as possible. Stanton hasn't played regularly in the outfield since the Yankees traded for him, so either Judge or Gallo has to play center.
    I guess Gardener plays there by default, although he is a below average defender there at this time in his career.
    Last edited by catman; 07-29-2021 at 12:52 PM.

I guess the Yankees outfield looks like this -- Gallo in left, Gardener in center and Judge in right.

I don't know that this turns their season around or anything, but it's probably the best trade available to them, and they do need another bat in that lineup. Outside of Judge and Stanton, they basically have a bunch of guys at or below league average, and I don't much care about his strikeouts when he has a .379 OBP. His 138 OPS+ instantly makes him the second most productive hitter on the team this season, and it's hard to see that as a bad thing.

Quote Originally Posted by natepro View Post
    I don't know that this turns their season around or anything, but it's probably the best trade available to them, and they do need another bat in that lineup. Outside of Judge and Stanton, they basically have a bunch of guys at or below league average, and I don't much care about his strikeouts when he has a .379 OBP. His 138 OPS+ instantly makes him the second most productive hitter on the team this season, and it's hard to see that as a bad thing.
    Hes Adam Dunn and there is nothing wrong with that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack of Blades View Post
    I don't consider Brand New indie. I consider them ****ing awesome and don't belong to a genre.

Quote Originally Posted by catman View Post
    And, by the way, who plays CF now? Gallo has played 55 games there in his career. Judge has played 10 games there. Stanton has played 1 game there. I would think you would want all 3 of these bats in the lineup as often as possible. Stanton hasn't played regularly in the outfield since the Yankees traded for him, so either Judge or Gallo has to play center.
    I guess Gardener plays there by default, although he is a below average defender there at this time in his career.
    Gallo is statistically one of the best OF in baseball, and the Yankees have a smaller outfield, my guess is he plays center.

Quote Originally Posted by koldjerky View Post
    Hes Adam Dunn and there is nothing wrong with that.
    Adam Dunn's biggest problem is that he was ahead of his time.

Well, that and he hated to run.

"The thing we may have to accept is that red states really like this pandemic and want to keep it." - @LOLGOP

Quote Originally Posted by natepro View Post
    He and Rizzo are going to crush that right field porch. I really do like this move for the park factor alone, and like that they avoided giving up top pieces.

Quote Originally Posted by ciaban2.0 View Post
    Gallo is statistically one of the best OF in baseball, and the Yankees have a smaller outfield, my guess is he plays center.
    We'll see, won't we? Not sure I like Gallo in center. He has not as good there as in right. Gardener doesn't have much of an arm, but he has the instincts to play center. Judge should play a corner.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast