Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

"Meh" Re-Signings

A whole lot of meh which isn't a surprise given how crap this team was last year:

The Detroit Red Wings signed Sam Gagner to a one-year deal.
    The 31-year-old had seven goals and 15 points in 42 games last season. He's nothing more than a depth forward at this stage of his career, but he'll be a valuable locker-room presence on a rebuilding Red Wings squad.
    Marc Staal's newly signed one-year, $2 million contract with Detroit includes a no-trade clause.
    "Getting something concrete down where I can move my family down there now and do that stuff, at this time, it was the best decision," Staal said. "I have three young kids and it was important to me. Not to say I'd say no to an opportunity (at the trade deadline, if it occurs) but with the young family and you never know what'll be the situation when you get to that time of the year (trade deadline). To be able to control it a little bit at the trade deadline was important." Staal had three goals and 10 points in 56 contests last season while averaging 18:25 minutes. The Red Wings will attempt to move beyond their rebuilding phase next season, but it will be an uphill battle so it wouldn't be surprising if they end up being sellers at the deadline. It sounds like Staal is willing to keep an open mind about waiving his no-trade clause if that happens, but even if he is, this will allow him to have a say in where he might go.
    Calvin Pickard has signed a one-year deal with the Detroit Red Wings.
    Pickard appeared in six games with the Red Wings last season and three matches with Grand Rapids of the AHL. He will be a depth netminder for Detroit in 2021-22 and will probably start the year in the minors.
    The Detroit Red Wings have signed Taro Hirose to a one-year deal.
    Hirose had two assists in six games with Detroit last season. He also scored five goals and 28 points in 29 AHL contests.
    all via rotoworld

it's still amazing to me Gagne is only 31

and Glendening is 32
    Last edited by GuySir; 07-29-2021 at 02:10 AM.

You'd think the world was ending on some other websites when people saw Gagner/Staal were coming back.

Quote Originally Posted by LionsFan..LOL View Post
    You'd think the world was ending on some other websites when people saw Gagner/Staal were coming back.
    Gagner, Staal, and Suter

all famous names, all inconsequential for the Wings

Quote Originally Posted by GuySir View Post
    Gagner, Staal, and Suter

all famous names, all inconsequential for the Wings
    Finally we landed Suter!!!! Wait....

Quote Originally Posted by LionsFan..LOL View Post
    Finally we landed Suter!!!! Wait....
    our pious ambitions finally came to fruition! (you set me up perfectly for that one lol (I just realized I used all those words wrong but who cares, no one else reads this ****))