Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Randall Cobb Heading Home

Saw a report that Cobb's cap hit for the Packers would be just under 3mil.

Worked out well for the Packers, all things considered.

Personally, I think it's not a great move. That being said, I love Cobb. Great dude and great Packers career. I'm going to enjoy cheering for him and happy he's on our team. But I just don't think it's great team building.

It's basically the same I felt about resigning Aaron Jones. Don't think it's wise team building but I enjoy cheering for him and will be happy I get to root for him.

Quote Originally Posted by crewfan13 View Post
    Personally, I think it's not a great move. That being said, I love Cobb. Great dude and great Packers career. I'm going to enjoy cheering for him and happy he's on our team. But I just don't think it's great team building.

It's basically the same I felt about resigning Aaron Jones. Don't think it's wise team building but I enjoy cheering for him and will be happy I get to root for him.
    (About Cobb) Curious enough to ask why? Do you not think heís better than the other options on the roster and itís not an immediate upgrade that can also mentor the rookie thatís he already has a relationship with? OR do you worry Rodgers forces the ball and it all slow down the progression of other players?

Iíve been back n forth but after seeing the numbers Lazard and MVS put up with a MVP at QB in the highest scoring offense compared to Cobbís year in Hou, with what seemed a new QB every week, Iím really beginning to like this deal.

If itís just about the future, then I get it.

Quote Originally Posted by MFNkingAC View Post
    (About Cobb) Curious enough to ask why? Do you not think heís better than the other options on the roster and itís not an immediate upgrade that can also mentor the rookie thatís he already has a relationship with? OR do you worry Rodgers forces the ball and it all slow down the progression of other players?

Iíve been back n forth but after seeing the numbers Lazard and MVS put up with a MVP at QB in the highest scoring offense compared to Cobbís year in Hou, with what seemed a new QB every week, Iím really beginning to like this deal.

If itís just about the future, then I get it.
    Its all of it to be honest. Cobb doesn't really move the needle for me. Even with Houston paying $3 mill of his cap, we're going to owe him at least $5.25 mill. Whether we convert that to a bonus to push some out to next year or do it all this year, that's alot of money for a guy who just isn't very good anymore.

I think Amari could provide close to what Cobb provides if given the chance. And he's the guy who's going to suffer. MVS still has his role as the deep threat. Lazard and Cobb are very different. Lazard graded out as the best blockinf WR in football last year and is an outside guy. So he'll still have his packages. And I like adams in the slot packages as well. Having Cobb around may reduce those.

Cobb has no burst left. Hell still get open. He has a good enough relationship with Rodgers that Rodgers will throw him open. But everytime he gets run down from behind or tackled for basically no yards after catch, it's going to be tough to wonder if Amari could have gotten more.

I don't think Cobb is bad. Hell probably statistically have a decent year. But we are super tight on cap and I'm not sure dividing his presumptive targets up between the cheaper guys we currently have wouldn't be just as effective and allow us to keep another roster spot open for either development or special teams.

Like I said, the fan in me is excited. I really like Randall Cobb. He's a great dude it seems and he's fun to cheer for. But if I try to put on a team management type of hat, it just doesn't feel like he moves the needle much at all.