Page 2 of 35 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr.B View Post
    This was at Washington’s camp.

https://twitter.com/nathan_epstein/s...085943302?s=21

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

https://twitter.com/dallascowboys/st...074254851?s=21

Quote Originally Posted by QQQ View Post
    Biggest training camp battle I’m watching is LT for the eagles. Jordan mailata versus Andre Dillard. Dillard is a former 1st round draft pick and mailata is a former 7th round draft pick that never played football in his life before being drafted. When Dillard got hurt for the season last year mailata came in and surprisingly played pretty well for someone that has only known how to play football for a few years now.

I think Dillard has the slight advantage as of right now for being the higher investment (1st round pick versus 7th round pick) but I honestly think mailata has the higher ceiling. I wouldn’t be surprised to hear Dillard getting traded before the season.
    Who’s playing RT for the Eagles? If they already have a starter Mailata sounds like a perfect swing tackle. That’s good depth.

Training Camp 2021

Who’s playing RT for the Eagles? If they already have a starter Mailata sounds like a perfect swing tackle. That’s good depth.

Lane Johnson. Lane is always good for a few games missed for ankle/knee issues so it couldn’t hurt to keep him but the eagles also have another really good young tackle named jack driscoll. The eagles are pretty high on his potential, or at least the coaching staff last year was. I just think if mailata wins LT then the eagles should sell on Dillard before his value plummets.

This was at Washington’s camp.

https://twitter.com/nathan_epstein/s...085943302?s=21

Surf sighting.

Another eagles training camp battle is DE opposite Brandon graham. It’s been former 1st round pick Derek Barnett for a few years now but he’s been pretty inconsistent. Some fans have wanted Josh sweat to start who looks more productive with less snaps. Well, in today’s first team practice Josh sweat was getting 1st team reps.

Early returns from Steelers first padded practice:

~ On his first run of practice, Najee Harris broke a 15 yard run, breaking 6 tackles on the run and dragging 3 defenders the last 5 yards.

~ Ben did a few things but not too much.

~ Bush and Banner haven't done team workouts as they come back from ACL injuries. Tuitt hasn't done much as his brother was killed in a hit and run last month with the driver still at large.

~ In backs vs backers Harris literally picked up Spillane and tossed him back 5 yards. Harris is going to be an absolute beast.

~ Every time Pat Frieirmuth catches a pass, Coach T yells out "That's nice but can you block". I'm here for this.

~ Ben has said Canada's new offense is easy to understand, but has so many moving parts that it's important understand all positions.

~ In 7 shots, the offense lead by Haskins won 6-1. In one of them he rolled out and ran it in from 15 yards out. In another one he rolled out right, threw it completely across the field to an open Ray Ray McCloud for the TD. In one he rolled out and hit a doubled WR for the TD. All in all he only had 3 incompletions in the session and two of them were drops.

~ Haskins might be on the way to beating out Rudolph for the #2 spot. There's not many other camp battles to really worry about.

~ Ben reported to camp his lightest since his 4th year.

~ Steelers are down to 4-5 unvaccinated players, and I believe that most, if not all, coaches have been too. Reportedly a few players within the locker room has been very vocal about getting it done, and there's reports the few that aren't are either between shots or close to getting their first one.
    Last edited by warfelg; 07-29-2021 at 07:15 AM.

Oh, Lamar Jackson is missing camp time after testing positive for COVID. He was one of the players in the delayed November Steelers-Ravens game that was positive too.

Greedy is just fine, based on twitter.
    The Baker has come. Believe the hype.

Quote Originally Posted by warfelg View Post
    Oh, Lamar Jackson is missing camp time after testing positive for COVID. He was one of the players in the delayed November Steelers-Ravens game that was positive too.
    Dude has not made smart decisions off the field. Not saying contracting COVID in general is based on a decision, but he has certainly put himself in scenarios to increase the likelihood (as well as running into a jet ski, streaming himself driving 105mph without a seatbelt, etc...)

Quote Originally Posted by Vee-Rex View Post
    Dude has not made smart decisions off the field. Not saying contracting COVID in general is based on a decision, but he has certainly put himself in scenarios to increase the likelihood (as well as running into a jet ski, streaming himself driving 105mph without a seatbelt, etc...)
    Playing DB and WR on cement.

Did you see his recent comments about the jersey number stuff?

Quote Originally Posted by Vee-Rex View Post
    Greedy is just fine, based on twitter.
    I can't put my finger on why but Greedy strikes me as the type of guy that's going to land in the "talented but it's always something" category of player.

Playing DB and WR on cement.

Did you see his recent comments about the jersey number stuff?
    Nope, what did he say?

I can't put my finger on why but Greedy strikes me as the type of guy that's going to land in the "talented but it's always something" category of player.
    Yeah, Greedy has the physical traits but hasn't been able to turn it into anything on the field. His rookie year he dealt with soft tissue injures and had a meh year, then missed all of 2020. Seems unreliable and I wouldn't be too mad if we made a play for Xavien Howard.

Early returns from Steelers first padded practice:

~ On his first run of practice, Najee Harris broke a 15 yard run, breaking 6 tackles on the run and dragging 3 defenders the last 5 yards.

~ Ben did a few things but not too much.

~ Bush and Banner haven't done team workouts as they come back from ACL injuries. Tuitt hasn't done much as his brother was killed in a hit and run last month with the driver still at large.

~ In backs vs backers Harris literally picked up Spillane and tossed him back 5 yards. Harris is going to be an absolute beast.

~ Every time Pat Frieirmuth catches a pass, Coach T yells out "That's nice but can you block". I'm here for this.

~ Ben has said Canada's new offense is easy to understand, but has so many moving parts that it's important understand all positions.

~ In 7 shots, the offense lead by Haskins won 6-1. In one of them he rolled out and ran it in from 15 yards out. In another one he rolled out right, threw it completely across the field to an open Ray Ray McCloud for the TD. In one he rolled out and hit a doubled WR for the TD. All in all he only had 3 incompletions in the session and two of them were drops.

~ Haskins might be on the way to beating out Rudolph for the #2 spot. There's not many other camp battles to really worry about.

~ Ben reported to camp his lightest since his 4th year.

~ Steelers are down to 4-5 unvaccinated players, and I believe that most, if not all, coaches have been too. Reportedly a few players within the locker room has been very vocal about getting it done, and there's reports the few that aren't are either between shots or close to getting their first one.
    Najee harris is gonna be marshawn lynch but with actual pass catching ability. Scary.

Page 2 of 35 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast