Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

National Sports Card Convention This Week

Anyone coming to Chicago (Rosemont) for the National Sports Card Convention? I plan on being there on Saturday.
    My Ignore List: bklynny67, nastynice, OhSoSlick, spliff(TONE), zmaster52

My buddy is actually there right now with his store.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack of Blades View Post
    I don't consider Brand New indie. I consider them ****ing awesome and don't belong to a genre.

What is his store name? I am going Saturday.

Quote Originally Posted by brett05 View Post
    What is his store name? I am going Saturday.
    The Sports Connection

https://instagram.com/sports.connect...dium=copy_link
    I don't consider Brand New indie. I consider them ****ing awesome and don't belong to a genre.

Quote Originally Posted by koldjerky View Post
    Thanks. I will try and find it. do you happen to have a name or a booth number?

From the instagram it looks like he is by the PSA booth but I can't find him in the dealer list. Perhaps he used his last name

nvm, I found them. Found their facebook and they had their booth (1726) posted there. I am guessing they were a late addition. I circled them to check them out when I go tomorrow. Thanks!

nvm, I found them. Found their facebook and they had their booth (1726) posted there. I am guessing they were a late addition. I circled them to check them out when I go tomorrow. Thanks!
    I havenít even been to his shop as Iím not too into what he does. Heís just been talking about this and mentioned he was going. Figured Iíd give him some pub. Iíve been watching some of their breaks recently. Cool stuff but watching them get excited about what they get doesnít do much for me haha. I know itís a huge business (my uncle is a huge comic collector and has been since the 70s - they fell on hard times and basically have lived for like 3+ years with main income being his collection sales so I get the value on this stuff) but I donít have too much interest in it.

Quote Originally Posted by koldjerky View Post
    I havenít even been to his shop as Iím not too into what he does. Heís just been talking about this and mentioned he was going. Figured Iíd give him some pub. Iíve been watching some of their breaks recently. Cool stuff but watching them get excited about what they get doesnít do much for me haha. I know itís a huge business (my uncle is a huge comic collector and has been since the 70s - they fell on hard times and basically have lived for like 3+ years with main income being his collection sales so I get the value on this stuff) but I donít have too much interest in it.
    I mean, I get that too.

It's pictures of men, mostly retired and dead at it's base.

I mean, I get that too.

It's pictures of men, mostly retired and dead at it's base.
    Crazy how theyíve advanced though. Pieces of jerseys included. Creamy stuff. Well, to each their own.

I just read about a guy that pick pocketed for 10's of thousands of dollars of cards, and the internet sleuths found one for sale on Ebay. People that steal #'d cards and try to resell publicly are stupid.

So the Convention was great and overwhelming at the same time. I stopped by KoldJerky's recommendation. He was part of the breaker pavilion. Not a fan of breakers in general, but his booth seemed to fit right in with the others

But man, so many tables and so many people. had to be something like 500+ dealers covering 1000 tables. And the amount of people that were there had to be nearly 20,000 when I got there on Saturday.

Got to meet a few people I follow on social media and picked up some supplies and one box of olympic cards to open with my family.