Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 90 of 99 FirstFirst ... 40808889909192 ... LastLast
Results 1,336 to 1,350 of 1471
    Quote Originally Posted by flimflamman View Post
    Charlotte indicated by the draft protections don't see themselves as a playoff team next season. Why would that team pay for Roziers contract or Hayward's ? Could see one of them being traded. Heck maybe they sign Lonzo to play with his brother ? Make both happy and Lonzo can play off his brother and be a secondary ball handler for the next few years. Throwing that out there ..
    Id they just didnt want to give a first with no protections lol theyre gonna keep Hayward and probably rosier unless they go after another G
    Spurs Sim league
    2 time Champion 653-331

Quote Originally Posted by callmeDro View Post
    You are wasting your time. People fall in love with an idea then can't back out of it. These guys are convinced it was a great trade.

Sent from my SM-G986U using Tapatalk
    Not 1 single person called it a great trade. People are just laughing at the overreaction by people like you
    Spurs Sim league
    2 time Champion 653-331

Quote Originally Posted by TakeAnotherL View Post
    On another note, Grimes reminds me a lot of Klay when he was drafted.

Klay had a little more offensive polish I think at that time, but not much. The quick shot and being able to hoist it up in any situation was a big part of what separates Klay from other players, I think Grimes has that.

I think we did really well in this draft. These guys are going to help fill this roster out Nicely.
    Would be so nice
    Spurs Sim league
    2 time Champion 653-331

Quote Originally Posted by xxplayerxx23 View Post
    Would be so nice
    Yeah I mean, I wouldn't bet on it by any means.

But Klay looked more like a top notch 3 & D player when he was a prospect, than the player he actually became.

Theres a lot of guys who can hit a open catch and shoot 3, but the guys who have a quick release and a high shot point, can shoot and hit those shots with tight defense on them. And Grimes showed he can hit them off the dribble too, and at a moments notice.

And thats one of the things that makes Klay special. If that ball his hands he can shoot it anywhere on the drop of a dime.

Thats a big difference from a guy like Bullock who needs space and time to feel comfortable shooting it.

Yeah I mean, I wouldn't bet on it by any means.

But Klay looked more like a top notch 3 & D player when he was a prospect, than the player he actually became.

Theres a lot of guys who can hit a open catch and shoot 3, but the guys who have a quick release and a high shot point, can shoot and hit those shots with tight defense on them. And Grimes showed he can hit them off the dribble too, and at a moments notice.

And thats one of the things that makes Klay special. If that ball his hands he can shoot it anywhere on the drop of a dime.

Thats a big difference from a guy like Bullock who needs space and time to feel comfortable shooting it.
    Yep agreed. I like the way grimes shoots the ball. He really did shoot it quick, solid pesky defender. I really think hes gonna take over Burks role this year. Ideally a Pg upgrade, Fournier with Rose back. Then you have McBride Grimes Luca fight out for some minutes and with the way we can rest Rose I think we could see them both have big roles
    Spurs Sim league
    2 time Champion 653-331

Yep agreed. I like the way grimes shoots the ball. He really did shoot it quick, solid pesky defender. I really think hes gonna take over Burks role this year. Ideally a Pg upgrade, Fournier with Rose back. Then you have McBride Grimes Luca fight out for some minutes and with the way we can rest Rose I think we could see them both have big roles
    Nah Burks will be back, hes a guy we have to have back tbh, because hes a legit scorer and we need that. We can give Burks a fat 1 year deal and keep him, so I don't see him going anywhere.

Grimes probably takes Bullocks spot, especially since Bullock will clearly hold out for a long term deal, and although he was valuable to us last season, hes not a guy we need to give a long term deal to, hes not special by any means. Grimes should be able to take that roll pretty easy IMO if Bullock makes it too hard to keep him.

Luca looks like a NBA ready pg imo. And is clearly better at running the PnR better than any pg we had last season. He also plays aggressive which is clearly something Thibs wants in his guards.

Miles, Luca, Rose, Quick, especially Rokas, all play very aggressive, especially in the half court offense. I think thats clearly a trait thibs wants, and Luca has that.

Even Rokas who may never play here, or not for awhile, is easily one of the more aggressive guards ive ever watched, especially in traffic, which judging by Thibs love for Rose, is something thibs wants in his pg.

Grimes has a quick shot, but its still no where near as fast as Klays was even at the college level. So he may not be Klay, but maybe Klay lite?

Klay was so underrated in college and still is in the NBA, that shot, that quick release, is so damn unstoppable.

But look at him in college, game is so similar to Grimes. Grimes won't be Klay, but a Klay lite would be just what we need.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2VDwS9k4gy8

Nah Burks will be back, hes a guy we have to have back tbh, because hes a legit scorer and we need that. We can give Burks a fat 1 year deal and keep him, so I don't see him going anywhere.

Grimes probably takes Bullocks spot, especially since Bullock will clearly hold out for a long term deal, and although he was valuable to us last season, hes not a guy we need to give a long term deal to, hes not special by any means. Grimes should be able to take that roll pretty easy IMO if Bullock makes it too hard to keep him.

Luca looks like a NBA ready pg imo. And is clearly better at running the PnR better than any pg we had last season. He also plays aggressive which is clearly something Thibs wants in his guards.

Miles, Luca, Rose, Quick, especially Rokas, all play very aggressive, especially in the half court offense. I think thats clearly a trait thibs wants, and Luca has that.

Even Rokas who may never play here, or not for awhile, is easily one of the more aggressive guards ive ever watched, especially in traffic, which judging by Thibs love for Rose, is something thibs wants in his pg.
    Not sure man should be interesting. Burks is hit or miss, I dont think hes a guy we desperately need back. Open to him on a short term deal but like I said hes ok, well see what happens I guess very soon
    Spurs Sim league
    2 time Champion 653-331

Grimes has a quick shot, but its still no where near as fast as Klays was even at the college level. So he may not be Klay, but maybe Klay lite?

Klay was so underrated in college and still is in the NBA, that shot, that quick release, is so damn unstoppable.

But look at him in college, game is so similar to Grimes. Grimes won't be Klay, but a Klay lite would be just what we need.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2VDwS9k4gy8
    Ill take him bring anything like klay lol
    Spurs Sim league
    2 time Champion 653-331

I love the pick we made. Keeping Kai Jones would've made me give them an A but i'll give the Knicks a B for this draft possibly a B+.

Grimes is a classic 3 and D player that SLIDES his feet on defense unlike Duarte who gets beat on D almost everytime. He's gonna be a role player that stays on the court.

Deuce is a 3 and D point guard (for now) that SLIDES his feet on defense. He will be a role player that stays on the court as well. Both Grimes and Deuce are tough players coached by Thibs style coaches in college as well

Sims is a pick and roll big man with super athletic traits (7'4" wingspan and a 44.5 in. vertical wingspan). Also he SLIDES his feet on defense. He's a little raw but we have the big man whisperer in Kenny Payne who will teach him to use his tools and hopefully develop Sims a jump shot and post game.

With the role players we drafted and a lot of cap space gives us the room to sign stars like Lowry, Derozan etc...

Good job front office!!!

If we sign evan what about batum as a back up 3 or 4

Id they just didnt want to give a first with no protections lol theyre gonna keep Hayward and probably rosier unless they go after another G
    If there is no under the table between the teams for 19 then it even worse then what everybody has already argued about the protections, lol.

I think I get it now. We are targeting Bronny James. Just to spite Lebron for never coming here lol.

Take another, I am not upset they did not select my players, I am angry my choices went at 17,18 Murphy and Mann. Man maybe we should have lost just a few more games, lol. I called it right, those would have been the guys they chose.
    Last edited by flimflamman; 08-01-2021 at 06:07 AM.

Here is why we did great on draft night. 1st let me say I get they failed to move up but I am not against them deciding not to over pay for a prospect. But who they liked was gone. Once Man was drafted at 18 they had everyone about equal. So here is why they actually did well and probably used their connections to do it.

Right before the draft Wasserman heard the Knicks wanted Grimes and Duce. He tweeted it. So they probably told Brock Aller here are out targets, add as many resources as you can while still allowing us to draft these guys.

So while getting the guys we wanted we saved cap room by trading down, we got them on better contracts for us right now, we added a draft and stash PG who is literally one of the top young rising stars in Europe. We added a protected 1st and some 2s.

Now some may complain about this or that but realize ALL of that was added while getting who we wanted in the 1st place. You can disagree with who we got but the acquisitions themselves while getting the guys we wanted is great.

Quote Originally Posted by nycericanguy View Post
    agreed.

picks generally lose value after they are made.
    Yes a lot of people do not understand this. Teams dont just look at it as a pick they look at it as potential and potential asset to trade up. If you hit on the pick it can be worth more but then the player needs to fit with what they already have as well as not be redundant. With a pick they get to choose. This is always how it has been. And while I trust our front office the draft is a crap shoot for the best of teams. Even more random for bad ones.

Page 90 of 99 FirstFirst ... 40808889909192 ... LastLast