Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 88 of 99 FirstFirst ... 3878868788899098 ... LastLast
Results 1,306 to 1,320 of 1471
    Quote Originally Posted by still a fan View Post
    lol when you are upset it's okay, lets repeat this, i'm not crying i'm saying like Smood the return on a draft pick swap was not good.......are you debating that? I'll call you out since not one person answered you call me baby lol

show me a trade on draft night with pick swaps that has an equal or worse protections built in and i'll then say okay wasn't bad?

Go for it!

Crying like a baby is saying the return on the trade wasn't good? Wow xx, just wow, i think your a bit warped on this tbh
    Lol youíre literally ranting and crying about it since it happened. The thunder just traded similar protections theyre picks just go out till 2027 where they may convey by then but either pistons and Cade become real by that time and the picks bleh or they failed and it doesnít go anywhere. They targeted guys they liked once their guy dropped they decided to deal the pick and got an extra asset to move at a later time. Why force a pick at 19? They saved over 2.4 million with both trades. That pick has more Value then a us picking a guy and flipping but whatever. Keep ranting over nothing
    Spurs Sim league
    2 time Champion 653-331

Quote Originally Posted by D-Leethal View Post
    Why not just trade 19 for Graham then?
    Donít think you can trade for a RFA without them wanting to sign here. Could of drafted their guy and waited but then you have to wait a certain amount of days
    Spurs Sim league
    2 time Champion 653-331

Quote Originally Posted by xxplayerxx23 View Post
    Donít think you can trade for a RFA without them wanting to sign here. Could of drafted their guy and waited but then you have to wait a certain amount of days
    Then why protections? In case the Knicks reneged and backed out of the deal? Seems a little too conspiracy ish to me especially since itís unlikely Graham is a ďplan AĒ for us.

Then why protections? In case the Knicks reneged and backed out of the deal? Seems a little too conspiracy ish to me especially since itís unlikely Graham is a ďplan AĒ for us.
    I donít think we have interest in graham. That was probably the best offer they got and they wanted a pick in a different draft. They still got two rookies
    Spurs Sim league
    2 time Champion 653-331

Lol youíre literally ranting and crying about it since it happened. The thunder just traded similar protections theyre picks just go out till 2027 where they may convey by then but either pistons and Cade become real by that time and the picks bleh or they failed and it doesnít go anywhere. They targeted guys they liked once their guy dropped they decided to deal the pick and got an extra asset to move at a later time. Why force a pick at 19? They saved over 2.4 million with both trades. That pick has more Value then a us picking a guy and flipping but whatever. Keep ranting over nothing
    Exactly. Why pay more for a guy that you could get for cheaper?

I am happy that the team didn't just get someone for the sake of getting someone. I have been saying on this forum for over 10 years that regardless of price or position, the team has to get players they BELIEVE in.

I donít think we have interest in graham. That was probably the best offer they got and they wanted a pick in a different draft. They still got two rookies
    Agree Ö kinda. It seems weird CHA would sign up to block themselves from trading a first rounder for 5 years unless there is more to it.

Agree Ö kinda. It seems weird CHA would sign up to block themselves from trading a first rounder for 5 years unless there is more to it.
    Eventually theyíll probably lower the protections or work something out. Either way not a big deal. I expect it to be part of a trade eventually
    Spurs Sim league
    2 time Champion 653-331

I'll start by saying I like the Grimes and the McBride picks.

Grimes looks like exactly what the Knicks wanted from Duarte so they got their wing player in Grimes.

Miles McBride is a tough defensive PG so hopefully he gets minutes under Thibs.

The draft and stash player I'm indifferent about. Hopefully he turns out to be a future asset.

Sims at 58 is a high upside guy that is very raw. G League material? For 58 it was a good pick.
    Probably years away from getting play time under Thibs. Hopefully I'm wrong and he shows something right away.

Giving pick 19 away for basically nothing was the dumbest thing I've ever seen in a draft in my life as a fan of Professional sports. Never ever seen such a bone headed move. Makes you wonder what the hell was Perry thinking.
    It was a terrible move there is no other way to put it. They should've just kept Keon Johnson and developed him. He's a project player with high upside.

i'm making an opinion that the swap imo wasn't great, I don't disagree with the trade but wish the protections were less and for less years.
    the rules state with protection that pick cannot be used as keeping a pick and trading your own so the more years the less value, does that make any sense.

I was big on drafting up and saying if not draft back or even get a future, so how am I ranting, we are on a forum giving opinions, are you ranting when you say it's a great deal with the protections? Hello its a forum and it's your opinion. You need to tone it down a bit with you are right and everyone is wrong.

Just give your opinion and back it up, and the trade had less protections topped than what we got, so we still have the worst pick for pick swap trade, understood lol?

I'm not ranting I like what the KNicks did i'm already a big fan of our draft picks, i like where we got them, I don't like the protections and think that stinks and how the rules work it could hurt later on if we need to trade a lot of first because that pick has provisions by rules attached to it.

Am I ranting or letting you know how i feel and what the rules are with protected picks for future trades? It has downfalls, it's not all good, it's not terrible but it's not all good

i'm making an opinion that the swap imo wasn't great, I don't disagree with the trade but wish the protections were less and for less years.
    the rules state with protection that pick cannot be used as keeping a pick and trading your own so the more years the less value, does that make any sense.

I was big on drafting up and saying if not draft back or even get a future, so how am I ranting, we are on a forum giving opinions, are you ranting when you say it's a great deal with the protections? Hello its a forum and it's your opinion. You need to tone it down a bit with you are right and everyone is wrong.

Just give your opinion and back it up, and the trade had less protections topped than what we got, so we still have the worst pick for pick swap trade, understood lol?

I'm not ranting I like what the KNicks did i'm already a big fan of our draft picks, i like where we got them, I don't like the protections and think that stinks and how the rules work it could hurt later on if we need to trade a lot of first because that pick has provisions by rules attached to it.

Am I ranting or letting you know how i feel and what the rules are with protected picks for future trades? It has downfalls, it's not all good, it's not terrible but it's not all good
    Their picks still have heavy protections . Wizards less so than pistons but even if they get it itíll likely be 2026/2027. Weíre likely to see the pick in 2023/24 but whatever. If they didnít like the idea of picking at 19 and wanted to save the money while adding a future asset itís fine to me. But agree to disagree. Like Iíve said I expect it to be eventually traded. Hornets arenít gonna just sit there and not be able to trade a first till 2027. So if it doesnít convey this year Iíd expect something to be worked out even if we keep the pick
    Spurs Sim league
    2 time Champion 653-331

Quote Originally Posted by SK6 View Post
    I'll start by saying I like the Grimes and the McBride picks.

Grimes looks like exactly what the Knicks wanted from Duarte so they got their wing player in Grimes.

Miles McBride is a tough defensive PG so hopefully he gets minutes under Thibs.

The draft and stash player I'm indifferent about. Hopefully he turns out to be a future asset.

Sims at 58 is a high upside guy that is very raw. G League material? For 58 it was a good pick.
    Probably years away from getting play time under Thibs. Hopefully I'm wrong and he shows something right away.

Giving pick 19 away for basically nothing was the dumbest thing I've ever seen in a draft in my life as a fan of Professional sports. Never ever seen such a bone headed move. Makes you wonder what the hell was Perry thinking.
    It was a terrible move there is no other way to put it. They should've just kept Keon Johnson and developed him. He's a project player with high upside.
    i'm confused are you ranting or simply giving your opinion? But no fear we are guaranteed that the pick will be moved, i'm in agreement it most likely will but i'm not guaranteeing it or putting a value on it.

Quote Originally Posted by flimflamman View Post
    Saw the video with him training with a Du Rag on, gangsta

Their picks still have heavy protections . Wizards less so than pistons but even if they get it itíll likely be 2026/2027. Weíre likely to see the pick in 2023/24 but whatever. If they didnít like the idea of picking at 19 and wanted to save the money while adding a future asset itís fine to me. But agree to disagree. Like Iíve said I expect it to be eventually traded. Hornets arenít gonna just sit there and not be able to trade a first till 2027. So if it doesnít convey this year Iíd expect something to be worked out even if we keep the pick
    yes good points but they do have another option not involving the Knicks, right? They can trade a player like a Rozier, or Graham in a S&T or even a monk for a late round first so they can make a trade later on, it's not all wrapped around Knicks controlling them.

But one more time and i'm done, I like not picking and getting who we got, I hate the protections, is that a crime? It's still the worse pick swap there is.

Deuce talking to Thibs right before the selection in his HS gym. ďYes sirĒ. This dude loved playing for Huggy Bear he is going at home. Canít wait to see how good he is

https://twitter.com/nba_newyork/stat...055902724?s=21

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    My dick is named 'Ewing'.

yes good points but they do have another option not involving the Knicks, right? They can trade a player like a Rozier, or Graham in a S&T or even a monk for a late round first so they can make a trade later on, it's not all wrapped around Knicks controlling them.

But one more time and i'm done, I like not picking and getting who we got, I hate the protections, is that a crime? It's still the worse pick swap there is.
    I love our new front office but that was some old Knicks **** they did and the protections make it even worse

Page 88 of 99 FirstFirst ... 3878868788899098 ... LastLast