Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678
    I truly think they got more than they sent.

Soler is a really interesting move. Feels like a long time coming with him being in a Braves uniform. I remember when we were rebuilding a lot of us wanted Soler from the Cubs. His BAbip is 70 points below his career average and his LD% is down while his FB% is up. I know he's been hot recently so maybe he's fixed something with his swing. Soler is only 29 and just 2 years removed from hitting 48 homers. His career splits are pretty even, a bit better against lefties but this year they are pretty lopsided. .588 OPS vs righties and an .836 OPS against lefties. He's also not a good defender so I'm guessing he'll be a platoon/bench bat.
    2021 Vikings Draft:
    1: Christian Darrisaw OT Virginia Tech
    3: Kellen Mond QB Texas A&M
    3: Chazz Surratt LB North Carolina
    3: Wyatt Davis G Ohio State
    3: Patrick Jones III DE Pittsburgh
    4: Kene Nwangwu RB Iowa State
    4: Camryn Bynum S California
    4: Janarius Robinson DE Florida State
    5: Ihmir Smith-Marsette WR Iowa
    5: Zach Davidson TE Central Missouri St.
    6: Jaylen Twyman DT Pittsburgh

Quote Originally Posted by vikingsfan0845 View Post
    Soler is a really interesting move. Feels like a long time coming with him being in a Braves uniform. I remember when we were rebuilding a lot of us wanted Soler from the Cubs. His BAbip is 70 points below his career average and his LD% is down while his FB% is up. I know he's been hot recently so maybe he's fixed something with his swing. Soler is only 29 and just 2 years removed from hitting 48 homers. His career splits are pretty even, a bit better against lefties but this year they are pretty lopsided. .588 OPS vs righties and an .836 OPS against lefties. He's also not a good defender so I'm guessing he'll be a platoon/bench bat.
    He's certainly interesting but the only way I see him fit on this team Is if Pederson play CF from now on.

Quote Originally Posted by beldugo View Post
    He's certainly interesting but the only way I see him fit on this team Is if Pederson play CF from now on.
    I'm assuming that's the plan. I can't imagine we acquired all these corner outfielders just to keep playing Heredia in center.
    2021 Vikings Draft:

happy with the Rodriguez acquisition Duvall, Rosario and Soler solid pick ups. I know I was kidding my self but, I still had hopes for a Mancini or someone close to that. I just think a pick up like that would have put us over the top. Could have picked up another BP arm but, overall I think AA did ok

I have to say, Bryse Wilson had more trade value than I thought

Quote Originally Posted by PackerBum9786 View Post
    happy with the Rodriguez acquisition Duvall, Rosario and Soler solid pick ups. I know I was kidding my self but, I still had hopes for a Mancini or someone close to that. I just think a pick up like that would have put us over the top. Could have picked up another BP arm but, overall I think AA did ok
    I believe the Braves plan Is what viking said the other day, the Braves have Such a deep rotation than a couple of them wiill go into the bullpen.

I have:
    Rodriguez/Smith for the 8th and 9th
    Msrtin/Jackson/Smyly/Ynoa for the 6th and 7th
    Matzek and Chavez for depth.

It will be a shame to left out Santana, so there's an scensrio when we can go with a four man bench and a 9 man bullpen.

Quote Originally Posted by beldugo View Post
    I believe the Braves plan Is what viking said the other day, the Braves have Such a deep rotation than a couple of them wiill go into the bullpen.

I have:
    Rodriguez/Smith for the 8th and 9th
    Msrtin/Jackson/Smyly/Ynoa for the 6th and 7th
    Matzek and Chavez for depth.

It will be a shame to left out Santana, so there's an scensrio when we can go with a four man bench and a 9 man bullpen.
    I can see a 4 man bench. Vogt has to stay as the back up catcher and Adrianza is our utility guy but mostly needed for infield depth. Two OFers make up the rest of the bench.

I will be curious to see if Smyly goes to the bullpen. Once Anderson is back well have Fried/Morton/Anderson/Smyly/Muller/Touki as our starters and all of them pitching well at the moment. I think Ynoa for sure will be in the bullpen. Part of me wonders if Muller will get sent down but I hope not. Smyly does make a lot of sense. Either way this is a good problem to have.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2021 Vikings Draft:

Interesting article on newly acquired Richard Rodriguez

https://www.sportstalkatl.com/braves...ard-rodriguez/

Quote Originally Posted by PackerBum9786 View Post
    Interesting article on newly acquired Richard Rodriguez

https://www.sportstalkatl.com/braves...ard-rodriguez/
    Its something to keep an eye on for sure, but I think for a lot of these guys it is about finding how to pitch without it. Hopefully hes going to find that groove again (Cole was really bad right after the crackdown and then got better again, for instance)
    https://forums.prosportsdaily.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=201467&dateline=16293  13413

Quote Originally Posted by Mamba42 View Post
    Its something to keep an eye on for sure, but I think for a lot of these guys it is about finding how to pitch without it. Hopefully hes going to find that groove again (Cole was really bad right after the crackdown and then got better again, for instance)
    Pretty sure the same thing happened with Matzek

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2021 Vikings Draft:

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678