Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

2021 MLB Trade Deadline

since there are under 5 days until the trade deadline, I thought maybe we could have this thread to post rumors/wish lists/trades.

one of the names I have seen you guys mention was Adam Frazier from the Pirates and it looks like the Padres have acquired him

The Padres have acquired one of the most sought-after players on the trade market, picking up second baseman Adam Frazier in a four-player swap with the Pirates. Infielder/outfielder Tucupita Marcano, outfielder Jack Suwinski, and right-hander Michell Miliano are the prospects heading to Pittsburgh in the deal, and the Pirates are also sending $1.4MM along with Frazier to San Diego.

Quote Originally Posted by PackerBum9786 View Post
    since there are under 5 days until the trade deadline, I thought maybe we could have this thread to post rumors/wish lists/trades.

one of the names I have seen you guys mention was Adam Frazier from the Pirates and it looks like the Padres have acquired him
    Dang. Thatís a good deal for the Padres.

Frazier wasnít at the top of my list, but heís a good get for the Padres.
    https://forums.prosportsdaily.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=201467&dateline=16293  13413

These next 5 games against the Mets should determine how we approach the deadline. Unless we drop 4 out of 5, we should buy.

Our performance since the all star break shows, at least IMO, we're still good enough to compete but we need help. Get a bat and a bullpen arm and let's see what happens.
    2021 Vikings Draft:
    1: Christian Darrisaw OT Virginia Tech
    3: Kellen Mond QB Texas A&M
    3: Chazz Surratt LB North Carolina
    3: Wyatt Davis G Ohio State
    3: Patrick Jones III DE Pittsburgh
    4: Kene Nwangwu RB Iowa State
    4: Camryn Bynum S California
    4: Janarius Robinson DE Florida State
    5: Ihmir Smith-Marsette WR Iowa
    5: Zach Davidson TE Central Missouri St.
    6: Jaylen Twyman DT Pittsburgh

Guardians trade Jose Ramirez to Braves for Cristian Pache, Drew Waters, Kyle Muller, Jared Shuster, and Trey Harris

Yes, you read that right. The Cleveland Guardians are trading Jose Ramirez to the BravesÖ Iím not sure Iíll ever get used to that. Ramirez is my dream target. Heís a legitimate MVP candidate with multiple years of control after this season, and it looks as if the Indians would be willing to trade him if they are blown away with an offer. This might be just enough to do the trick.

Pache and Waters are the Braves top two prospects. Both are toolsy outfield prospects that are very close to being major-league ready. The Indians need outfield help, and this would allow them to go through more of a re-tool rather than a rebuild, which is how Cleveland likes to operate. Muller is also proving to be major-league ready, as heís currently a member of the Braves rotation. The Braves would probably like to keep him, but they have a surplus of rotation arms on the cusp of being major-league ready, so moving Muller isnít out of the question. Shuster was the Braves first round pick last season, and Harris is a top-20 prospect that has a decent chance at contributing in the majors.

Thatís a hell of a haul, but thatís what it would take to bring in a talent like Ramirez, and frankly I would probably do it. I imagine Cleveland would attempt to pry away Austin Riley, but I only love this trade if the Braves can get it done without including Riley in it.

Twins trade Byron Buxton and Taylor Rogers to Braves for Cristian Pache and Kyle Wright

Jim Bowden of The Athletic recently suggested the Braves go all-in by trading for Buxton, Rogers, and Jose Berrios of the Twins. That would be quite the deal, but I donít think Atlanta needs to include Berrios. They have enough starting pitching. However, Buxton and Rogers make perfect sense because they fill the Braves two biggest needs. Buxton would slot into centerfield, giving Atlanta another All-Star caliber player in the lineup, and Rogers would immediately help the Braves out in high-leverage situations. Both players are also under team control through next year.

The package I put together for the Twins is interesting, but I believe it to be fair, and I think the Twins might consider it. Pacheís value has plummeted a bit after an abysmal first stint in the majors, but this is still a young man oozing with potential that many see as the Braves top prospect. Minnesota could be interested in buying low, which could pay significant dividends. Wright is more of a throw-in, but again, the Twins buy low on a player with plenty of upside.

Rangers trade Joey Gallo and Ian Kennedy to Braves for Christian Pache, Kyle Muller, and Kyle Wright

Once again, the Braves kill two birds with one stone in this trade. Gallo owns one of the weirdest slash lines in baseball this season, which is typical for him. Heís hitting just .222 but leads the league in walks, so his OBP is .380. Gallo is one of the most powerful bats in the game, already mashing 24 homers this season, which puts him on pace to record 40 home runs for the third time in the last four full seasons. He would instantly make the Braves lineup championship worthy again, and it would be even scarier when AcuŮa returns in 2022 ó the last year Gallo is under contract. Kennedy isnít exactly what the Braves are looking for, given he is a true rental that is on the last year of his deal. Still, Atlanta is desperate for bullpen help, and he would help the back-end tremendously.

The return for the Rangers is a great one, and Iím not sure the Braves would pull the trigger on this. Pache remains Atlantaís top prospect despite his rough start to 2021 in the majors, and Muller is already having some success at the top level. Wrightís value may have plummeted over the years, but the Rangers should still be interested in adding someone with his upside. Perhaps with some more opportunity and a change of scenery, he could turn things around.
    here were 3 potential blockbuster type trades mentioned over on sportstalkatl.com

here were 3 potential blockbuster type trades mentioned over on sportstalkatl.com
    Only the middle one seems reasonable and I'm not sure I'd trade Pache for Buxton with him becoming a FA this summer. If Taylor has a reasonable contract with multiple years on it, then that'd be a bit better.

Ramirez is appealing, but is he really much better than Riley? I'm not sure he would be worth the cost listed there.

Edit: Nevermind, it looks like Buxton is still under contract for 2022 too. So, I'd do the middle deal.
    Last edited by Mamba42; 07-26-2021 at 03:28 PM.

Really, though, if we want to move Wright and Pache in a deal I'd rather it be with Bryant and Kimbrel.

Quote Originally Posted by Mamba42 View Post
    Only the middle one seems reasonable and I'm not sure I'd trade Pache for Buxton with him becoming a FA this summer. If Taylor has a reasonable contract with multiple years on it, then that'd be a bit better.

Ramirez is appealing, but is he really much better than Riley? I'm not sure he would be worth the cost listed there.

Edit: Nevermind, it looks like Buxton is still under contract for 2022 too. So, I'd do the middle deal.
    the only thing I know about the Buxton situation is the Twins tried to extend him and they couldn't come to an agree meant and I believe he has been injured for a bit.

the only thing I know about the Buxton situation is the Twins tried to extend him and they couldn't come to an agree meant and I believe he has been injured for a bit.
    Thatís pretty much been his MO in his career so far: lots of injuries. But he was ballin this year before getting hurt
    https://forums.prosportsdaily.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=201467&dateline=16293  13413

Buxton has another year of control next season. The first trade is the worst thing I have ever seen. I wouldn't ever decimate the entire farm for one guy. Pache, Waters, Muller AND Harris?? Harris is untouchable. Muller looks to be one of the few pitchers that will work out of our system. Wright, Pache and Waters may be the best I can do...that is still a lot. I really like Waters.With Acuna in the fold to fill one OF spot, one of Harris, Waters and Pache won't have a spot to play. Harris seems like the best abd Waters is my 2nd..Pache hitting like he didn't belong hurt his prospect status a bit for trades I fear...there are definitely question marks..

Buster Olney tweeted the Braves continue to indicate to other teams they want to make upgrades before the deadline.
    2021 Vikings Draft:

Quote Originally Posted by vikingsfan0845 View Post
    Buster Olney tweeted the Braves continue to indicate to other teams they want to make upgrades before the deadline.
    Doesn't make sense to me.

Quote Originally Posted by beldugo View Post
    Doesn't make sense to me.
    I think they should. I think we still have enough talent to win the division. Once your in, who knows what will happen. We've been pitching well since the all star break against some pretty good teams. It's hard not to think we win Sunday and last night if the bottom of our order wasn't automatic outs.
    2021 Vikings Draft:

Quote Originally Posted by vikingsfan0845 View Post
    I think they should. I think we still have enough talent to win the division. Once your in, who knows what will happen. We've been pitching well since the all star break against some pretty good teams. It's hard not to think we win Sunday and last night if the bottom of our order wasn't automatic outs.
    The reason I believe it's not worthy Is because, as you said, the bottom of our order Is trash, we need 2 OF and hope that TDA comes back strong in august, we also need at least 2 RP. It's extremely hard to fill all those holes in a single deadline and even if we do, they won't be all stars unless we trade from our premium prospects.

I see the deadline as an opportunity to get over the top, not a time to re-tool a team, we're not good, I Don't think it's worthy. And as I said, the only way someone can get me on board Is if we win the next 3.

Quote Originally Posted by beldugo View Post
    The reason I believe it's not worthy Is because, as you said, the bottom of our order Is trash, we need 2 OF and hope that TDA comes back strong in august, we also need at least 2 RP. It's extremely hard to fill all those holes in a single deadline and even if we do, they won't be all stars unless we trade from our premium prospects.

I see the deadline as an opportunity to get over the top, not a time to re-tool a team, we're not good, I Don't think it's worthy. And as I said, the only way someone can get me on board Is if we win the next 3.
    I'm not sure we need as much bullpen help as originally thought. Don't get me wrong, we definitely need an arm but with the way guys like Touki and Muller are pitching the need is lessened a bit. Once Anderson is back, the rotation is going to be Fried/Morton/Anderson/Smyly and then Muller or Touki. Ynoa will be back and I expect him to be in the bullpen. Ynoa pitched well out of the bullpen last year so his return will be a boost to the bullpen. I doubt the Braves go to a 6 man rotation so one of Muller or Touki might head to the bullpen as well, depending on how well they continue to pitch. Plus, Jesse Chavez has pitched shockingly well too. Granted it's only been 11 innings but I'll take it. There is a decent amount of bullpen arms available so we might only need to bring in 1 guy.

If I was AA I would focus in on hitting. Even if d'Arnaud doesn't pick up where he left off last year he's still an improvement on Vogt and a massive improvement on Smith. There are enough bats out there for AA to swing big or to find a cheap rental. Gallo is the big one but even guys like Rosario, Peralta, or Grossman would be a big help to the bottom of the order. I would even give the Royals a call and see what they want for Andrew Benintendi. I really believe if we can start hitting consistently we'll win the division.
    2021 Vikings Draft:

Excluding the 15 run win against Philly, this is what the bottom of our order has done in the 2nd half:

Arcia: 2-22 with 8 K's
    Heredia: 7-35 with 7 K's
    Almonte: 2-18 6 K's
    Smith: 3-16 5 K's

That is a collective .154 average with 26 K's in 11 games. This has generally been our 6-7-8 hitters. We've lost 4 1 run games since the break.
    Last edited by vikingsfan0845; 07-27-2021 at 05:26 PM.
    2021 Vikings Draft:

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast