Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Raptors making Pascal Siakam available?

https://twitter.com/hoopsrumors/stat...134022658?s=21

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think he's a bit overpaid, has had some shooting woes, and won't be ready to start the season due to his shoulder surgery.

All that said, he's a solid 3rd option on a championship team and is entering his prime at age 27.

Quote Originally Posted by NBA all the way View Post
    I think he's a bit overpaid, has had some shooting woes, and won't be ready to start the season due to his shoulder surgery.

All that said, he's a solid 3rd option on a championship team and is entering his prime at age 27.
    This is the one I personally was worried about with Benís value. If you needed a 4 who can be a bit of a play maker, do you take the project of a shooter whoís elite elsewhere or do you take the shooter whoís not quite the defender or passer? Especially if you know their peaks are better than they played last year?

Partially this is why Iím so for a Ben-Siakam swap. Itís a decent fit for each other then the Sixers can do Tobi/28 for CJ and be set.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'd take Simmons for Siakim if its a swap. Other Raps fans won't but as currently constructed Raps will go further with Simmons vs. Siakim and probably have a better regular season record. There is over-reaction to his shooting woes, but given the Raps team ceiling with either guy as is, objectively I will take Simmons. He's 2 years younger to boot and has more potential (long term trade) to build up his stock.

That swap is the best idea I've seen in a while. Both have more questions about their mental approach than anything else really, but if they can get that right then it's a win for both teams.

Iíd prefer to keep Siakam personally. Siakam may have shooting slumps but he doesnít refuse to shoot or scared to drive and get fouled. Thatís a big issue with Ben that you canít really scheme around or hide.

If we shop Siakam I hope we can work something out with the Warriors.

Quote Originally Posted by smith&wesson View Post
    Iíd prefer to keep Siakam personally. Siakam may have shooting slumps but he doesnít refuse to shoot or scared to drive and get fouled. Thatís a big issue with Ben that you canít really scheme around or hide.
    While that's true Simmons is also a significantly better defender, ball handler, and playmaker than Siakam. Both have some issues.

Quote Originally Posted by smith&wesson View Post
    If we shop Siakam I hope we can work something out with the Warriors.
    Seems unlikley to me. The Warriors have said they are not looking to move any of the big 3 and Siakam and Green don't really fit together and a team that needs wing defense and shooting might reasonably value Wiggins/Wiseman/draft picks higher than Siakam.

Quote Originally Posted by Scoots View Post
    Seems unlikley to me. The Warriors have said they are not looking to move any of the big 3 and Siakam and Green don't really fit together and a team that needs wing defense and shooting might reasonably value Wiggins/Wiseman/draft picks higher than Siakam.
    Weíve discussed this. I know you donít see Siakam as a good fit next to Green.

Iím just saying, of the Siakam rumours Iíve read, obviously the Warriors one is the most intriguing to me as a Raptor fan.

Siakam to Portland

And as for who I would include in the trade:

Toronto Raptors receive: PG Damian Lillard and SF Robert Covington

Portland Trail Blazers receive: PF Pascal Siakam, PG Fred VanVleet, #4 overall pick, and 2023 first round draft pick to Portland

Portland new look starting 5

PG- Fred VanVleet
    SG- CJ McCollum
    SF- Carmelo Anthony
    PF- Pascal Siakam
    C- Jusuf Nurkic

Raptors new look starting 5

PG- Damian Lillard
    SG- Gary Trent Jr
    SF- Robert Covington
    PF- OG Anunoby (move him over to the 4 spot)
    C- Khem Birch or Chris Boucher or Freddie Gillespie depending on who y'all want starting

So with this trade you are not necessarily gutting the team but you get better offensively just by adding Lillard and Covington

But Portland instantly get better and offensively have more depth because Powell would still be there and so would the 4th pick who could end up being Suggs or Mobley or Green plus Anfernee Simons and whoever else

Quote Originally Posted by Tg11 View Post
    Siakam to Portland

Portland Trail Blazers receive: PF Pascal Siakam, PG Fred VanVleet, #4 overall pick, and 2023 first round draft pick to Portland

PG- Fred VanVleet
    SG- CJ McCollum
    SF- Carmelo Anthony
    PF- Pascal Siakam
    C- Jusuf Nurkic

PG- Damian Lillard
    SG- Gary Trent Jr
    SF- Robert Covington
    C- Khem Birch or Chris Boucher or Freddie Gillespie depending on who y'all want starting

So with this trade you are not necessarily gutting the team but you get better offensively just by adding Lillard and Covington

But Portland instantly get better and offensively have more depth because Powell would still be there and so would the 4th pick who could end up being Suggs or Mobley or Green plus Anfernee Simons and whoever else
    Why would Portland do that? They're not better by that trade but also not bad enough to tank and land young talent. While also having a bunch of bloated contracts so can't use their cap space to sign guys or take on bad contracts to acquire more assets. Hard pass by Portland in my estimation.

i bet there's quite a few teams interested in his defense at the 4 spot. Someone like KAT would be hidden much better on D with Siakam

Quote Originally Posted by Scoots View Post
    While that's true Simmons is also a significantly better defender, ball handler, and playmaker than Siakam. Both have some issues.
    Siakam isnít a pg Ö he has pretty good handles for a pf and is a pretty good play maker for his position too. Also is no slouch on defence in his own right. He isnt the defender that Simmons is but he is the better two way player imo.

Quote Originally Posted by Tg11 View Post
    Siakam to Portland

PG- Fred VanVleet
    SG- CJ McCollum
    SF- Carmelo Anthony
    PF- Pascal Siakam
    C- Jusuf Nurkic

PG- Damian Lillard
    SG- Gary Trent Jr
    SF- Robert Covington

If you were the Raps GM they'd be delighted ... I think you traded Siakam to 3 different teams today alone.

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast