Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Blackhawks acquire D Seth Jones along with #32 pick tonight and a 2022 6th rd pick.

Blue Jackets get Adam Boqvist, the #12 pick tonight and at least one other pick.

Hawks also extend Seth Jones. 8 yrs @ $9.5 mil AAV.

Ouch. Thatís a lot of $

2016 World Series Champions!!!

Damn, that is a cheappppp price to pay for Seth Jones.

Damn, that's an expensive contract. Bowman sucks at getting extensions done at reasonable prices.

Quote Originally Posted by ds637 View Post
    Damn, that is a cheappppp price to pay for Seth Jones.

Damn, that's an expensive contract. Bowman sucks at getting extensions done at reasonable prices.
    It got worse.

Hawks also giving up a 2021 2nd and 2022 1st on top of Boqvist and swapping 1sts this year.

Well, that seems like a lot lol. I guess Boqvist will never be close to his caliber. None of those picks are likely to amount to a player like Jones. Seems like a lot, still happy to get him. Not happy to have another anchor contract, wish Bowman knew how to negotiate those.

Did we know that Popeye Jones is his dad? That's awesome.

Quote Originally Posted by ds637 View Post
    Well, that seems like a lot lol. I guess Boqvist will never be close to his caliber. None of those picks are likely to amount to a player like Jones. Seems like a lot, still happy to get him. Not happy to have another anchor contract, wish Bowman knew how to negotiate those.
    It wonít be much of an anchor because a lot of salary is clearing in the next two years and the cap should rise a lot soon as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Cubby View Post
    It wonít be much of an anchor because a lot of salary is clearing in the next two years and the cap should rise a lot soon as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    That is also true. Wonít be much of an anchor due to the rise of the salary cap with these new TV deals.

Still think it's an overpay and will be a top 10 D man contract the majority of the 8 years.

He would only sign an extension here or Dallas. Dallas wasn't trading for him. Stan needs to learn to negotiate. It's a flat cap year, he's coming off his worst season, we had a good amount of leverage. Don't know how we don't throw the rebuilding Jackets a Connolly type contract either.

A lot of draft capital given up but draft prospects arenít a given, Seth Jones is. Iím good with this trade, now pair him with his brother so that he can push to bring out his potential, lol.

Trade wise excellent deal. You get a top D without giving up significant NHL talent. You're keeping Dach and Debrincat. Like others have said the picks were no lock. If we play our card right next years pick won't be too high. As Jones certainly gets us closer to a playoff team.

The contract a bit steep, but not by that much and likely not totally egregious of he performs.

Just about everything I've seen analysis wise is blasting the trade. Didn't realize how bad Jones has been the last 2 years. Boqvist was legit a lot better than him last year, and even his rookie year on most metrics. I'd imagine a lot of it has to do with not wanting to be there and CBJ sucking.
    Not really a clear win for me, especially with how much I hate the contract.