Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Mets trade for Dick Mountain aka Rich Hill

Tommy Hunter and AA player going to rays.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ernest Dove@ernestdove

Perhaps the quick move on Rich Hill sets up Mets really well into next week. Now sit back and watch the aftermath of Cruz deal and see what develops around league regarding prospects given up in other deals. Like with the Trevor May move jump fast and maneuver accordingly.

"You don't know how to drink. Your whole generation, you drink for the wrong reasons. My generation, we drink because it's good, because it feels better than unbuttoning your collar, because we deserve it. We drink because it's what men do."

Catcher Matt Dyer going to Tampa.

Joel Sherman@Joelsherman1

1/Rich Hill is among pitchers who have had noticeable spin declines over the last 2 months with greater scrutiny, then enforcement on sticky stuff. Thru May/11 GS: 3.32 ERA, .194BAA, .616 OPS. Since MLB memo went out on 6/3, Hill has made 8 starts: 4.70 ERA, .257 BAA, .826 OPS.

2/He has games within that span in which he has pitched well and has averaged 5IP, helpful at a time when the #Mets need some dependability they get a big-game, big-market tested LHP without paying huge return. It helps stabilize a situation now a week out from the deadline.

3/It provides the NYM some cover now and this week they can either keep adding pieces to upgrade in a few areas or see if there is a bigger deal to be made that would have huge impact.

"You don't know how to drink. Your whole generation, you drink for the wrong reasons. My generation, we drink because it's good, because it feels better than unbuttoning your collar, because we deserve it. We drink because it's what men do."

Michael Mayer@mikemayer22

Mets are sending right-handed pitcher Tommy Hunter and minor leaguer Matt Dyer to the Rays for Rich Hill per

@Joelsherman1

Dyer, 4th round pick in 2020, has a .781 OPS for the St. Lucie Mets this year. He's not a top 30 prospect.

Just glad Brody isn't in charge because somehow he would have been talked into trading either Mangum or Cortes.

Mets needed to make at least one move before the 30th deadline possible moves and thatís add a starter and they did that.

They may need another starter move but this holds them and hope deGrom and Carrasco come back in a week or two.

Matt Dyer put himself on the map this year with his play, he may not have been a top 30 before the season, but would have landed in there going forward.

Always be wary of why a team like the Rays wants a guy, they know wtf they are doing.

https://twitter.com/michaelgbaron/st...739996170?s=21

Well we desperately need starting pitching and it didnít cost us anything.

Hopefully we get another starter as well.

Jon Heyman
    @JonHeyman

1m
    Rich Hill trade to Mets is official

From Tampaís perspective, the only reasons to make the deal may have been that they were ready to release Hill anyway and/or if Hunter is under control for 2022 (?), they want him back.
    Or they think Hunter could healthy by the post-season.

Hill is 41 years old but the Mets may only need him for 5 or 6 starts.
    Last edited by Halfmiler2; 07-23-2021 at 05:32 PM.

Archer is ready to back.
    They didnít want to send Patino down.

They also like Dyer

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast