Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Scoots View Post
    You think CP3 is going to pass on a likely deal around $100M for $3M?
    I do not. But if he wants to be in LA with his family or LeBron he won't have that kinda deal, just depends what he values.

You think CP3 is going to pass on a likely deal around $100M for $3M?
    Of course he will not.

Quote Originally Posted by NBA all the way View Post
    I do not. But if he wants to be in LA with his family or LeBron he won't have that kinda deal, just depends what he values.
    As much fun as it would probably be for him to join up with Lebron and play third fiddle to he and AD as he coasts to at title, I honestly would respect him a hell of a lot more if he stayed in Phoenix. They really built something special there this season, and it's not outside the realm of possibility they could make the Finals again. Booker and Ayton are just going to get better.

Quote Originally Posted by mightybosstone View Post
    As much fun as it would probably be for him to join up with Lebron and play third fiddle to he and AD as he coasts to at title, I honestly would respect him a hell of a lot more if he stayed in Phoenix. They really built something special there this season, and it's not outside the realm of possibility they could make the Finals again. Booker and Ayton are just going to get better.
    Anything is possible but I think they caught lighting in a bottle. The odds they play 3 injured teams in the West playoffs is slim to none.

Kudos to them for playing who was in front of them and taking care of business but I have little confidence they can replicate this next season in a normal length season.

Easy.

1. Renounce everyone but AD and Lebron.
    2. Sign Chris Paul to a 5 year $100 million contract (knowing full well the last few years will be a lot of DNPs).
    3. Sign DeRozan with the MLE
    4. Sign Lowry and Carmelo to vet mins and get them that endorsement money.
    5. Rest will be more vet mins and undrafted rookies.

Quote Originally Posted by Saddletramp View Post
    Easy.

2. Sign Chris Paul to a 5 year $100 million contract (knowing full well the last few years will be a lot of DNPs).
    CP3 can only sign for 3 years with a new team, it is the over 38 rule in the CBA.

CP3 can only sign for 3 years with a new team, it is the over 38 rule in the CBA.

Ok. Youíd have thought Mr. Union Rep woulda thought about when he was making the rest of the rules that benefitted him.

Then, with the left over $35ish million, heíll get a 3 year/$100 deal. Thatís puts them at the cap.

Iím not being serious, btw. Hope thatís obvious.

Ok. Youíd have thought Mr. Union Rep woulda thought about when he was making the rest of the rules that benefitted him.

Then, with the left over $35ish million, heíll get a 3 year/$100 deal. Thatís puts them at the cap.

Iím not being serious, btw. Hope thatís obvious.
    CP3 changed it from the over 36 rule to the over 38 rule, so gotta give him a little props.

I think you're joking 99.9% of the time. Lol

CP3 changed it from the over 36 rule to the over 38 rule, so gotta give him a little props.

I think you're joking 99.9% of the time. Lol
    That guy. Jesus.

Anything is possible but I think they caught lighting in a bottle. The odds they play 3 injured teams in the West playoffs is slim to none.

Kudos to them for playing who was in front of them and taking care of business but I have little confidence they can replicate this next season in a normal length season.
    I also don't think they'll get the Lakers in the first round either, though. I could see them as a top 2-3 seed again next year. And the only team that, on paper, feel noticeably better on paper is the Lakers. Are the Clippers, Nuggets and Jazz necessarily better if all factors are the same? I don't know, but I'd kinda put all four of those teams in the same tier.

I'm with you in that I think they were lucky to face unhealthy teams and it was more than likely lightning in a bottle. But I think it's also possible that they might have gotten to the Finals even if those teams had been healthy.

Easy.

They would have to buy out KCP, Kuzma, Deng, and Gasol, can't just renounce them.

Also would have to convince Harrell to opt out.

Can't sign CP3 to a 5 year contract.

They would have to buy out KCP, Kuzma, Deng, and Gasol, can't just renounce them.

Also would have to convince Harrell to opt out.

Can't sign CP3 to a 5 year contract.
    Deng is a dead cap, they're stuck with that. It's the gift that keeps on giving.

Buyouts don't come off the books either. They would have to trade them for no return salary or trade them for non guaranteed guys then waive the non guaranteed guys.

Melo 37, CP3 36, Lowry 35, DeRozan 31. They should all come for the vet min or portion of the MLE.
    Kawhi should opt out too and sign for the vet min

Quote Originally Posted by P&GRealist View Post
    Sometimes, perception isn't reality.

But Tittays are forever.

I FOUND THE LEGENDARY THREAD

https://forums.prosportsdaily.com/sh...es-to-Redskins

Easy.

I feel that Lowry gets a fair bit of endorsement money in Canada. Not saying that LA could easily pass it, but it might take an effort seeing he'd be the potentially 3 or 4 guy (or possibly the scapegoat if Lebron or Davis aren't able to deliver).
    Quote Originally Posted by P&GRealist View Post
    Sometimes, perception isn't reality.

But Tittays are forever.

I FOUND THE LEGENDARY THREAD

https://forums.prosportsdaily.com/sh...es-to-Redskins

Quote Originally Posted by Cal827 View Post
    Kawhi should opt out too and sign for the vet min

Ayeeeeeee

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast