Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 32

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Bethlehem
    Posts
    44,090

    Cleveland Has A New Name

    https://twitter.com/Indians/status/1...472101378?s=20

    I hope Chris Pratt throws out the first pitch in the new unis.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack of Blades View Post
    I don't consider Brand New indie. I consider them ****ing awesome and don't belong to a genre.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    17,412
    Lol!

  3. #3
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Bolingbrook, IL
    Posts
    6,970
    I don't hate the name.

    The winged baseball G logo is brutal though.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    37,848
    Should have went back to being the Spiders.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Brooklyn
    Posts
    42,942
    Quote Originally Posted by Dmac View Post
    Should have went back to being the Spiders.
    Yep. This name sucks.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    I'm Gonna Walk Hell Track, So Cal
    Posts
    1,565
    Cleveland Rockers wouldíve made some sense.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    La Puente, CA
    Posts
    15,350
    Cleveland Steamers would've been the best. But that would also be offensive to the PC Pu**ies as well.

    Future Hall of Shamers:
    (1) B.A.L.C.O. Barroids (2) Mark McJuicer (3) Jose Chem-seco (4) Rafael Palmeiroids (5) Ken Chem-initi (6) Jason Gi-andro (7) Ryan Fraud (8) Muscle Melk (9) Woman-Ram (10) Shammy Sosa (11) Roger Clear-mens (12) A-Roid (13) Ryan HGHoward

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Ontario
    Posts
    14,976
    Quote Originally Posted by dodgerdave View Post
    Cleveland Steamers would've been the best. But that would also be offensive to the PC Pu**ies as well.
    Just thinking out loud here. It would probably be offensive to anyone that knows what it is. Is their logo going to be a pile of ****? Or just use the poop emoji?

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    La Puente, CA
    Posts
    15,350
    Cleveland Snowflakes would've been nice too.

    Future Hall of Shamers:
    (1) B.A.L.C.O. Barroids (2) Mark McJuicer (3) Jose Chem-seco (4) Rafael Palmeiroids (5) Ken Chem-initi (6) Jason Gi-andro (7) Ryan Fraud (8) Muscle Melk (9) Woman-Ram (10) Shammy Sosa (11) Roger Clear-mens (12) A-Roid (13) Ryan HGHoward

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    2,045
    The Guardians name is kind of lame and has zero historical or geographical relevance, so not a fan.

    Their logo makes it look like they're trying to be the Angels...and who wants to be the Angels?

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Dec 2018
    Posts
    5,607
    Quote Originally Posted by LechWalesa View Post
    The Guardians name is kind of lame and has zero historical or geographical relevance, so not a fan.

    Their logo makes it look like they're trying to be the Angels...and who wants to be the Angels?
    I guess it makes a reference to these statues at the department of transportation in Cleveland.

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Brooklyn New York
    Posts
    23,794
    Quote Originally Posted by LechWalesa View Post
    The Guardians name is kind of lame and has zero historical or geographical relevance, so not a fan.

    Their logo makes it look like they're trying to be the Angels...and who wants to be the Angels?
    We have teams named after socks, a few teams named after birds, and a team named after a color.

    Could be worse.

    I mean, were there ever Pirates in Pittsburgh? There arenít any Tigers in Detroit, no more bears or Cubs in the state of Illinois, and what the **** is so angelic about Anaheim?


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    If Trump can become president with no political background then I don't understand why I need a resumť

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Bethlehem
    Posts
    44,090
    Quote Originally Posted by Zmaster52 View Post
    We have teams named after socks, a few teams named after birds, and a team named after a color.

    Could be worse.

    I mean, were there ever Pirates in Pittsburgh? There arenít any Tigers in Detroit, no more bears or Cubs in the state of Illinois, and what the **** is so angelic about Anaheim?


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Not that I disagree with your premise but comparing a name being pickier in the 21st century to a name picked in the 20th century is a little disingenuous
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack of Blades View Post
    I don't consider Brand New indie. I consider them ****ing awesome and don't belong to a genre.

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    271
    Quote Originally Posted by Zmaster52 View Post
    We have teams named after socks, a few teams named after birds, and a team named after a color.

    Could be worse.

    I mean, were there ever Pirates in Pittsburgh? There arenít any Tigers in Detroit, no more bears or Cubs in the state of Illinois, and what the **** is so angelic about Anaheim?


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I thought the Tigers and Pirates were named after the striped socks they wore back in the day. The Cubs named because they started as a group of orphans. Angles because Los Angeles is the city of Angels

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Dec 2018
    Posts
    5,607
    Quote Originally Posted by TheFanGuy View Post
    I thought the Tigers and Pirates were named after the striped socks they wore back in the day. The Cubs named because they started as a group of orphans. Angles because Los Angeles is the city of Angels
    This guy right here, with the answers.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •