Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Cavs acquire Rubio for Prince

https://twitter.com/wojespn/status/1...700027398?s=21

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ricky Rubio to Cavs

Prince and a future 2022 2nd rounder for Rubio.

Ope, combine ours, if you have the ability!

I'd say Sexton is headed out tonight.

Looks like they are going Mobley now.

Steal for the Cavs btw.

Donít get this move, Rubio being traded is fine but donít get this deal

Quote Originally Posted by mngopher35 View Post
    Donít get this move, Rubio being traded is fine but donít get this deal

It means that Dlo will be the primary point going forward where Rubio was blocking his path as he has generally been a poor shooter and his age does not fit the time frame of building around Towns and Edwards as well as Dlo would. Now Prince can slide in as their starting 3. This is the 2nd time he's been traded from Minny and likely the last.

For the Cavs it makes no sense as Rubio is too old to join a rebuilding team unless he is here more as a mentorship role. He obviously a much better floor general in the league that could help Sexton in this area if he stays.

Quote Originally Posted by cattusmaru View Post
    It means that Dlo will be the primary point going forward where Rubio was blocking his path as he has generally been a poor shooter and his age does not fit the time frame of building around Towns and Edwards as well as Dlo would. Now Prince can slide in as their starting 3. This is the 2nd time he's been traded from Minny and likely the last.

For the Cavs it makes no sense as Rubio is too old to join a rebuilding team unless he is here more as a mentorship role. He obviously a much better floor general in the league that could help Sexton in this area if he stays.
    Rubio should have been considered a backup behind Russell anyways before the trade. I have no issues trading Rubio I just don't overly understand Prince's value to us. I am now seeing maybe 2nd/cash went to us and that Prince may have saved a little cap/given more flexibility for other moves via a mn guys. I guess that makes some more sense if true.

Rubio would be a good mentor for Garland imo. I think it does make sense to give up a guy that is mostly just a meh role player for a guy who still has some impact and just seemingly showed to be a good mentor (ant really liked him).

Quote Originally Posted by mngopher35 View Post
    Rubio should have been considered a backup behind Russell anyways before the trade. I have no issues trading Rubio I just don't overly understand Prince's value to us. I am now seeing maybe 2nd/cash went to us and that Prince may have saved a little cap/given more flexibility for other moves via a mn guys. I guess that makes some more sense if true.

Rubio would be a good mentor for Garland imo. I think it does make sense to give up a guy that is mostly just a meh role player for a guy who still has some impact and just seemingly showed to be a good mentor (ant really liked him).
    Prince brings some defense and floor spacing. Heís gonna be a good fit for a lineup like:
    DLo
    Edwards
    Prince
    FA/trade 4
    KAT

Quote Originally Posted by warfelg View Post
    Prince brings some defense and floor spacing. Heís gonna be a good fit for a lineup like:
    DLo
    Edwards
    Prince
    FA/trade 4
    KAT

I think Mcdaniels will be starting and would prefer we get a better upgrade for the 4 still.

You are right though he is a fit in the way you describe/what we need. I do think we are gonna ship out some other wings/forwards soon in other deal(s) so Prince may make for a really good backup to replace some guys on the way out. He also is a bit cheaper while still expiring giving flexibility. Although maybe this is setting up a bigger trade including McDaniels as well.

Quote Originally Posted by NBA all the way View Post
    Trade Prince... and some sort of protected future compensation to the Wolves for Rubio

Tell Love he can come off the bench in a lesser role since he has played with Rubio in the past, agree to a buyout, or on the very slight chance find a trade for him.
    I kinda called this in the Sexton thread.

Quote Originally Posted by warfelg View Post
    DLo
    Edwards
    Prince
    FA/trade 4
    KAT

Donít forget Beas

Quote Originally Posted by smith&wesson View Post
    Donít forget Beas
    Didn't forget. Just listing what I see as the starting lineup.