Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Confidence Level

After last year's disaster, my confidence level for this year, on this July 23rd, is pretty low - about a 3. They have a new head coach, a new quarterback, and it looks like they have far too many holes to be very good this year. I would love to be wrong and have a lot to cheer about but I don't see it.
    If you're confident, let me know why.

Iíll go with a 6. Offensive line health is key for hurts. Dude had plenty of weapons so that side of ball should be decent. Defensive back field is why I canít go higher. They need to add there yet but can they with the cap?? Still bleed green and have faith till at least week 5 lol
    2011 PSD Phillies Forum HOF Inductee

Harry, I grew up with the phillies and learned the game by your voice. You will always be missed but never forgotten. Though you are no longer with us, you'll never be "outta here" in our hearts!

Quote Originally Posted by philsphan123 View Post
    Iíll go with a 6. Offensive line health is key for hurts. Dude had plenty of weapons so that side of ball should be decent. Defensive back field is why I canít go higher. They need to add there yet but can they with the cap?? Still bleed green and have faith till at least week 5 lol
    1. Has Hurts shown that he's any good?
    2. Are the weapons any good? They didn't show much last year.
    I would like to be convinced that this team has a chance but I guess we'll have to see a preseason game - or 3.

Quote Originally Posted by John S View Post
    1. Has Hurts shown that he's any good?
    2. Are the weapons any good? They didn't show much last year.
    I would like to be convinced that this team has a chance but I guess we'll have to see a preseason game - or 3.
    They should have better WR this year and they should have a healthier and better OL.

If the line and the WR (with sanders and Goedert as well for weapons) play up to snuff, Hurts needs to be a passable QB.

Last year was an outlier even with a change at QB.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack of Blades View Post
    I don't consider Brand New indie. I consider them ****ing awesome and don't belong to a genre.

Quote Originally Posted by koldjerky View Post
    They should have better WR this year and they should have a healthier and better OL.

If the line and the WR (with sanders and Goedert as well for weapons) play up to snuff, Hurts needs to be a passable QB.

Last year was an outlier even with a change at QB.
    They've been saying for years now that the Eagles should have better WR's - but so far they haven't had them. I do hope that the O-Line is healthier and better.

They've been saying for years now that the Eagles should have better WR's - but so far they haven't had them. I do hope that the O-Line is healthier and better.
    I mean youíve been the one clamoring for like 10 years straight that they need to draft WR. Theyíve now done so the last two drafts.

Iím not sure what will ever appease you.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack of Blades View Post
    I don't consider Brand New indie. I consider them ****ing awesome and don't belong to a genre.

Quote Originally Posted by koldjerky View Post
    I mean youíve been the one clamoring for like 10 years straight that they need to draft WR. Theyíve now done so the last two drafts.

Iím not sure what will ever appease you.
    YES - They drafted Reagor last year - but he wasn't very good? HOPEFULLY, he will develop this year. Hopefully, this year's 1 will be a stud. With Sanders, Goedert, and possibly Ertz, hopefully, they will FINALLY have some weapons. That's assuming and hoping that Hurts is good.
    Then IF the D can do anything...

I think itís exaggerated how bad reagor was last year. I really donít think he was that bad but fans canít get over the fact that JJ was drafted right behind him. Reagor might never be a true #1 WR but I think he can be a really good #2. We now have our #1 in devonta smith. I think the receiving core will surprise some.

Confidence Level

Kinda hard to have a high confidence level after such a horrible season but think about it, what position on the team got worse since last year? I think every position has been upgraded, especially now with the Steven Nelson signing. Analysts are picking us to do just as bad if not worse than last year, I just canít see that as being logical (unless we are plagued with injuries again).

Quote Originally Posted by QQQ View Post
    Kinda hard to have a high confidence level after such a horrible season but think about it, what position on the team got worse since last year? I think every position has been upgraded, especially now with the Steven Nelson signing. Analysts are picking us to do just as bad if not worse than last year, I just canít see that as being logical (unless we are plagued with injuries again).
    Wentz was pitiful last year but can you honestly say that Hurts is going to be better - besides wishful thinking?
    Has head coach gotten better? I don't know.

Wentz was pitiful last year but can you honestly say that Hurts is going to be better - besides wishful thinking?
    Has head coach gotten better? I don't know.
    I was a wentz fan once upon a time but letís be real, he played like the worst QB in the NFL last year. Thereís several factors that go into that including coaching, weapons around him, and his own decision making. Itís still to be determined how good of a coach sirianni will be of course but heís a passing game guru that should help make the passing game more effective. Also, the weapons around hurts will be better this year as well as the OL (if healthy).

Yes, I think hurts will be better in 2021 than wentz was in 2020 and I donít think thatís just wishful thinking, rather I think wentz set a very low bar to get over considering how awful he was in 2020. How good hurts will be is still to be determined though of course.

Assignment Help London

After last year's disaster, my confidence level for this year, on this July 23rd, is pretty low - about a 3. They have a new head coach, a new quarterback, and it looks like they have far too many holes to be very good this year. I would love to be wrong and have a lot to cheer about but I don't see it.
    If you're confident, let me know why.
    If you are looking for an assignment service in London, then Assignment Help in London is the best solution for your worries. We have a team full of expert writers based in London who will provide you with the best assignment services.

Low | 4-6 wins

Hired a head coach with zero proven play calling experience so a lot of the offense will ride on whether our coordinator can tie everything together. I'm expecting a short passing attack that focuses on the run game with a lot of RPO options for Hurts to utilize his legs.

I'm a pessimist on Hurts and saw nothing out of him last year that warms those thoughts. Was not a good quarterback in college and was pulled from title game because of inability to push ball down field. Moved on to Oklahoma with some slight improvements, but not enough to warrant a second round selection. Doesn't have the arm, awareness, or accuracy to really thrive in this league. I'll be rooting for him and hoping he shows some strides..

Defense should be solid, not really enough depth or pass rush ability to be an elite unit. If someone like Harris or Wilson plays well above what we expect things could be a bit different. Still expecting much of the same woes on the back end with some health concerns.

Quote Originally Posted by Westbrook36 View Post
    Low | 4-6 wins

Hired a head coach with zero proven play calling experience so a lot of the offense will ride on whether our coordinator can tie everything together. I'm expecting a short passing attack that focuses on the run game with a lot of RPO options for Hurts to utilize his legs.

I'm a pessimist on Hurts and saw nothing out of him last year that warms those thoughts. Was not a good quarterback in college and was pulled from title game because of inability to push ball down field. Moved on to Oklahoma with some slight improvements, but not enough to warrant a second round selection. Doesn't have the arm, awareness, or accuracy to really thrive in this league. I'll be rooting for him and hoping he shows some strides..

Defense should be solid, not really enough depth or pass rush ability to be an elite unit. If someone like Harris or Wilson plays well above what we expect things could be a bit different. Still expecting much of the same woes on the back end with some health concerns.
    For a short passing attack to work effectively, you HAVE TO be able to throw in an occasional bomb. Hopefully, they have a WR who can run them. If Hurts plays poorly, then they will be forced to draft another QB next year.

Meh, Im at a 4-5. I'm a loser expecting the worst but hoping for the best. Last year was soooo bad that I dont think things can get much worse.

I will say, Im kinda excited about healthy offensive line, above average defensive backs with Jonathan Gannon coaching them and also Hurts, I think everyone has such low expectations out of this team that its bound to surprise.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast