Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Bluefire View Post
    He's always been good.
    Funny because most say he’s boring.

Vince to Gronk

Quote Originally Posted by BSF101 View Post
    Funny because most say he’s boring.
    Only the Cena haters would say that.

In before anybody calls me a Cena fanboy, and I am to a degree, I just don't hate the guy. I appreciate the effort he put it and his love for the business is undeniable. My only issue with Cena was that he went from a cool character when he was the "Doctor of Thuganomics" to becoming a living cartoon.
    Screw sabermetics.

Only the Cena haters would say that.

In before anybody calls me a Cena fanboy, and I am to a degree, I just don't hate the guy. I appreciate the effort he put it and his love for the business is undeniable. My only issue with Cena was that he went from a cool character when he was the "Doctor of Thuganomics" to becoming a living cartoon.
    It’s not his fault the wwe or should I say Vince is a five moves of dooms guy always has been. Cena can go unlike Roman at least. He just doesn’t need to.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This is not news just an opinion, but Kenny Omega believes a crossover with the WWE is possible. He did not say it would happen any time soon. The idea of AEW/WWE working together in the future would be both surprising and intriguing. Vince will never work with AEW but I believe HHH is more than open minded about working with AEW.
    Screw sabermetics.

This is not news just an opinion, but Kenny Omega believes a crossover with the WWE is possible. He did not say it would happen any time soon. The idea of AEW/WWE working together in the future would be both surprising and intriguing. Vince will never work with AEW but I believe HHH is more than open minded about working with AEW.
    That's because Triple H understands the business and what needs to be done to be successful. Those days have LONG passed Vince McMahon by and quite honestly, it's Vince McMahon that is holding WWE back.

I am happy for CM Punk and even Daniel Bryan, but the question I really have with these two especially is, what for each of them is left to prove outside of "fantasy matches" in AEW? Neither one needs a "title" to be over with the fans. For me as a fan, all I am interested in seeing is some "fantasy type" matches-- CM Punk vs. Jon Moxley; Daniel Bryan or CM Punk vs. Kenny Omega.

I read something about AJ Styles on a wrestling site earlier today that he should be upset about his current direction with Omos. What does he really have left to prove anywhere outside of being a catalyst to help get over young talent?
    Eichel Tower

Quote Originally Posted by ccugrad1 View Post
    That's because Triple H understands the business and what needs to be done to be successful. Those days have LONG passed Vince McMahon by and quite honestly, it's Vince McMahon that is holding WWE back.
    Absolutely. The only guy who doesn't think the business has passed him by is Vince McMahon. He's stuck in the idea that you don't work with rivals.

I am happy for CM Punk and even Daniel Bryan, but the question I really have with these two especially is, what for each of them is left to prove outside of "fantasy matches" in AEW? Neither one needs a "title" to be over with the fans. For me as a fan, all I am interested in seeing is some "fantasy type" matches-- CM Punk vs. Jon Moxley; Daniel Bryan or CM Punk vs. Kenny Omega.
    I think what's in it for both guys, is the opportunity to work with guys they have never worked with before. With Bryan, NJPW was a big factor in "potentially" signing with AEW. For Punk it is: A. He's bored, B. He wants to stick it to WWE and C. He finds AEW very interesting. Neither guy needs the title but I don't think either guy worries about getting the title. It's the competing part that gets them going.

I read something about AJ Styles on a wrestling site earlier today that he should be upset about his current direction with Omos. What does he really have left to prove anywhere outside of being a catalyst to help get over young talent?
    Omos is strictly a Vince McMahon investment, but I don't see any upside to him. The days of those kind of bigs being used in the WWE will come to an end once Vince is no longer in charge. So I don't blame AJ for being upset at getting stuck with Omos. Omos adds nothing to Styles. He is not going to be the next Kevin Nash or even Braun Strowman, but more like The Great Khali, very big but very unathletic.
    Screw sabermetics.

I like Cena but I think he’s due for a heel turn

Cm punk was a whiney little ***** from day one. I dunno why anyone likes that guy. He literally quit wrestling took his ball and went home because he didn’t get his way.

Quote Originally Posted by smith&wesson View Post
    I like Cena but I think he’s due for a heel turn

Cm punk was a whiney little ***** from day one. I dunno why anyone likes that guy. He literally quit wrestling took his ball and went home because he didn’t get his way.
    Yah when they promised him a main event match and then gave it to the rock and John cena two years in a row even though it only needed one match. And then there’s the whole make him work well concussed thing. He has plenty of reason to do what he did.

at the Punk hate. If you don't get why Punk is popular, then nobody can explain to you. You either get it or you don't.

With a few not so subtle hints at Punk on tonights' Dynamite, it would be a massive trolljob by AEW if Punk does not show up at All Out.
    Screw sabermetics.

Quote Originally Posted by BSF101 View Post
    I wonder how long it will take for WWE ratings to drop. They’ve already lost thousands of viewers even before AEW was around. Maybe this should be a wake up call to Vince for him to get his **** together.
    no offense and i am being serious here but are you stupid or insane? How many times are we gonna say this same dumb crap and think its true? WWE ratings along with aew and nxt ratings will drop but in terms of overall this wont hurt or effect wwe at all. Sorry but basically this will be like a bee stinging god....... The wwe has this market forever and i would love for aew to do **** and force their hands but it wont/cant and never will happen even with cm punk and db... Honestly they could add cena and still wouldnt be a threat. WWE has multiple brands/their own netowkr/fox/usa and the rights fo an insane library.... There is no wake up call dude... Why would anyone that is destroying and owning in their area need a wakeup call? Just because you and a handful of others dont like the product doesnt take away from the fact that cena/new day/orton/charlotte/roman/brock by themselves smacks the **** out of aew and that is without mentionion hhh/hbk/vince/steph/shane/hogan/rock/taker/baylor/styles/miz/wyatt/bayley/banks/the man/asuka/current wwe smackdown champ and drew mac..... STOP

Word is that Fox and USA are not happy about Punk and Danielson not being in WWE. Apparently Vince is upset that Danielson is leaving, but he could have solved that by letting him work Japan so……….

[QUOTE=More-Than-Most;34030273]no offense and i am being serious here but are you stupid or insane? How many times are we gonna say this same dumb crap and think its true? WWE ratings along with aew and nxt ratings will drop but in terms of overall this wont hurt or effect wwe at all. Sorry but basically this will be like a bee stinging god....... The wwe has this market forever and i would love for aew to do **** and force their hands but it wont/cant and never will happen even with cm punk and db... Honestly they could add cena and still wouldnt be a threat. WWE has multiple brands/their own netowkr/fox/usa and the rights fo an insane library.... There is no wake up call dude... Why would anyone that is destroying and owning in their area need a wakeup call? Just because you and a handful of others dont like the product doesnt take away from the fact that cena/new day/orton/charlotte/roman/brock by themselves smacks the **** out of aew and that is without mentionion hhh/hbk/vince/steph/shane/hogan/rock/taker/baylor/styles/miz/wyatt/bayley/banks/the man/asuka/current wwe smackdown champ and drew mac..... STOP[

I think AEW is a bigger threat then WCW was.

Quote Originally Posted by More-Than-Most View Post
    no offense and i am being serious here but are you stupid or insane? How many times are we gonna say this same dumb crap and think its true? WWE ratings along with aew and nxt ratings will drop but in terms of overall this wont hurt or effect wwe at all. Sorry but basically this will be like a bee stinging god....... The wwe has this market forever and i would love for aew to do **** and force their hands but it wont/cant and never will happen even with cm punk and db... Honestly they could add cena and still wouldnt be a threat. WWE has multiple brands/their own netowkr/fox/usa and the rights fo an insane library.... There is no wake up call dude... Why would anyone that is destroying and owning in their area need a wakeup call? Just because you and a handful of others dont like the product doesnt take away from the fact that cena/new day/orton/charlotte/roman/brock by themselves smacks the **** out of aew and that is without mentionion hhh/hbk/vince/steph/shane/hogan/rock/taker/baylor/styles/miz/wyatt/bayley/banks/the man/asuka/current wwe smackdown champ and drew mac..... STOP
    They better worry. Aew is further along then anyone would thought they be at this time. They just posted there third straight week of over a million views and with punk and Bryan coming in that number will rise. There have a second show coming in there second year of being a company. Something wwe/f and wcw took years if not decades to get. Are they gonna put wwe out of business? Of course not. But acting like they aren’t a threat is just dumb.

[QUOTE=BSF101;34034845]
    Quote Originally Posted by More-Than-Most View Post
    no offense and i am being serious here but are you stupid or insane? How many times are we gonna say this same dumb crap and think its true? WWE ratings along with aew and nxt ratings will drop but in terms of overall this wont hurt or effect wwe at all. Sorry but basically this will be like a bee stinging god....... The wwe has this market forever and i would love for aew to do **** and force their hands but it wont/cant and never will happen even with cm punk and db... Honestly they could add cena and still wouldnt be a threat. WWE has multiple brands/their own netowkr/fox/usa and the rights fo an insane library.... There is no wake up call dude... Why would anyone that is destroying and owning in their area need a wakeup call? Just because you and a handful of others dont like the product doesnt take away from the fact that cena/new day/orton/charlotte/roman/brock by themselves smacks the **** out of aew and that is without mentionion hhh/hbk/vince/steph/shane/hogan/rock/taker/baylor/styles/miz/wyatt/bayley/banks/the man/asuka/current wwe smackdown champ and drew mac..... STOP[

I think AEW is a bigger threat then WCW was.
    STOPPP. WCW actually had WWE on the ropes for a while.
    The First Man To Ever Win The World Title - The Prestige Title - The Chaos Championship in PWW History. I am The Face That Runs The Place Mario Freaking Bellz

Quote Originally Posted by Bellz View Post

STOPPP. WCW actually had WWE on the ropes for a while.
    The stakes aren't as high anymore. WWE didn't have the revenue streams in 1997 that they do now. AEW may be a threat in terms of eventually taking the lead in weekly viewership but that doesn't hurt the WWE's bottom line. They have the billion dollar Peacock deal, they have both the USA and Fox billion dollar deals, they have Youtube revenue, etc. By no means is WWE in trouble.

The next hurdle for WWE is getting those tv companies to renew their tv rights deals. That said, Vince could easily land his shows somewhere. The question is will WWE still be a property of the McMahons in 5 or 10 years? I dont think so.

As for Punk and Bryan, good gets for AEW. The problem is they are really loading their roster for former WWE guys similar to what TNA did in the early 2000s. It might be time to stop doing that going forward.
    Last edited by metswon69; 08-09-2021 at 02:19 AM.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast