Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    At this point I just want to let the anti Vaxxers be. They are the ones getting sick. They are the ones being hospitalized and they are the ones dying. And judging by the correlation of the political ideology/ religious ideology/ and the political geography of the people who are un vaccinated, by their choice, that are suffering these consequences… maybe it’s in humanities best interest to fill a few more dirt holes with their stupid, selfish corpses for the betterment of humanity.

And all the wonderful people on the news spreading false information and skepticism about vaccines are in fact themselves vaccinated. Seems odd. Vaccines were good for their families. Just not good for their bank account and ratings if they can’t drive your fear levels up to vote for them and theirs next cycle.

Quote Originally Posted by manbearchef View Post
    I'm aware, and I'm sure it'll be approved, but typical vaccines go through each phase and get approval before the next one, this one essentially is in phase 3 with the emergency approval and everyone is therefore a part of testing it. It really shouldn't be that surprising that some people who aren't at high risk might not want to dive into it so soon.
    I've been vaccinated, but completely understand your take.

I'm aware, and I'm sure it'll be approved, but typical vaccines go through each phase and get approval before the next one, this one essentially is in phase 3 with the emergency approval and everyone is therefore a part of testing it. It really shouldn't be that surprising that some people who aren't at high risk might not want to dive into it so soon.
    problem is, for every one who doesn't get vaxed, that's another person who can contract it and give it more chances to mutate...making it less effective for everybody else.....personal choice, but not without public impact
    gotta love 'referential' treatment

Quote Originally Posted by SiteWolf View Post
    problem is, for every one who doesn't get vaxed, that's another person who can contract it and give it more chances to mutate...making it less effective for everybody else.....personal choice, but not without public impact
    Being vaccinated doesn't complety prevent infection, it lessens the risks of death and hospitalization which are already pretty low among people under 70 with no health problems. I could get on board with this idea if the vaccine actually prevented infection, but there's already some studies showing they're only 40%effective against the delta strain, so realistically this isn't a virus that will get phased out by vaccination any time soon.

Being vaccinated doesn't complety prevent infection, it lessens the risks of death and hospitalization which are already pretty low among people under 70 with no health problems. I could get on board with this idea if the vaccine actually prevented infection, but there's already some studies showing they're only 40%effective against the delta strain, so realistically this isn't a virus that will get phased out by vaccination any time soon.
    The 40% or higher is still a much better option considering pretty much no downside.
    At some point you just have to trust what the top 100 doctors from every country are saying. Take the vaccine

"Anti-evidence"

Fact: None of the covid vaccines claim to fully prevent infection, only claim to reduce likelihood of hospitalization and death of a virus that already has a less than 1% death rate.
    Fact: vaccinated individuals can spread covid to both vaccinated and unvaccinated individuals.
    Fact: as long as infections are occurring the virus can mutate
    Fact: nobody has a firm grasp of how the new variants react to the vaccine, some research suggest it's less than 40% effective against the delta strain
    Fact: each of the 3 major vaccines have different efficacious and none of the 3 have been approved for booster shots despite many researchers believing they'll be needed.

So with all of the above facts, we can easily deduce that not only can vaccinated players catch covid, they could spread covid to unvaccinated teammates and there's a good chance their vaccinations will either do very little to prevent the delta strain or their initial vaccine will need a booster that isn't available which will result in their covid antibodies being insufficient. Therefore, if an unvaccinated player is forced to distance himself and wear a mask, but his "sElFiSh" vaccinated teammates are living a normal life and catch covid, they could be unfairly punished and blamed for not having a vaccine when they realistically could catch it regardless of vaccination.

This is a pretty unfair policy considering how little anyone knows about the new strains. The nfl is stupid for not planning to have to reschedule games.

The big deal is I've never had a job where I was required to release medical information about myself in order to work. By requiring non vaccinated players to behave differently they're forcing them to essentially reveal their medical information.

More importantly, those vaccines you listed have existed longer and went through testing phases of 5-10 years before receiving FDA approval, whereas the big 3 vaccines didn't exist in their current form until almost a year ago to the date and didn't receive emergency approval until December 2020.
    Yes, anti-evidence. Anti-science. All of it.

Listen to the medical consensus, and otherwise you're just falling for propaganda.

People that are able to get vaccinated and choose not to are putting others friends, family, loved ones at risk.

People that are able to get vaccinated and choose not to are also responsible for the variants coming out and causing damage.

It's just how it works.

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

Click here to register!

Hope to see some new posters around here soon.

Quote Originally Posted by blams View Post
    Yes, anti-evidence. Anti-science. All of it.

Listen to the medical consensus, and otherwise you're just falling for propaganda.

People that are able to get vaccinated and choose not to are putting others friends, family, loved ones at risk.

People that are able to get vaccinated and choose not to are also responsible for the variants coming out and causing damage.

It's just how it works.

It’s also incredibly incredibly selfish. Notice how every single person who isn’t vaccinated has excuses that start with “I”

Quote Originally Posted by AmericasTeam View Post
    At this point I just want to let the anti Vaxxers be. They are the ones getting sick. They are the ones being hospitalized and they are the ones dying. And judging by the correlation of the political ideology/ religious ideology/ and the political geography of the people who are un vaccinated, by their choice, that are suffering these consequences… maybe it’s in humanities best interest to fill a few more dirt holes with their stupid, selfish corpses for the betterment of humanity.

And all the wonderful people on the news spreading false information and skepticism about vaccines are in fact themselves vaccinated. Seems odd. Vaccines were good for their families. Just not good for their bank account and ratings if they can’t drive your fear levels up to vote for them and theirs next cycle.
    This is how I would feel but the problem is that the longer we let this hang around, the more mutations will occur and impact all of us. Hell, I got a 4 month old son who may be a high risk due to pulmonary hypertension he had at birth, so I’m a little more annoyed that people only act on behalf of themselves (excluding those with medical conditions).

Their right, but I also have the right to be annoyed and call them selfish douchebags.
    The Baker has come. Believe the hype.

Imagine if doctors and nurses and other healthcare professional used that same methodology and refused to treat unvaccinated people because of the risk it poses to them and their loved ones at home…

My biggest fear is that if we don’t get this under control soon we are going to start seeing a mass exodus from mid tier level healthcare professionals.

It may not matter to people in bum**** nowhere but I speak to people around the world on a daily basis who work in the trenches in population dense areas who were so unequivocally overwhelmed they were having emotional and mental breakdowns on a daily basis. Sleeping in hotels away from their families. Bodies being stored in mobile trailers. And a never ending sense of worthlessness and defeat watching these idiots prance around on tv without a care in the world for the well being of others. Those people aren’t gonna stick around for their 35k-60k salaries with that level of stress and risk.

Add that to the 4 years of xenophobia we just went through that crushed legal immigration rates. It will have massive negative economic impact on us in the future and may cause a catastrophic collapse of our healthcare system when combined together. Immigrants make up like 25% of our doctors, a huge portion of our nurses, and even larger portion of housekeeping/facility management departments.

Less immigrants and mass exodus of non immigrant labor in healthcare is a very very very bad scenario.

Quote Originally Posted by Vee-Rex View Post
    This is how I would feel but the problem is that the longer we let this hang around, the more mutations will occur and impact all of us. Hell, I got a 4 month old son who may be a high risk due to pulmonary hypertension he had at birth, so I’m a little more annoyed that people only act on behalf of themselves (excluding those with medical conditions).

Their right, but I also have the right to be annoyed and call them selfish douchebags.
    Like I said, personal choice, but still public impact....and most of the excuses just don't jive with the real data
    gotta love 'referential' treatment

Quote Originally Posted by SiteWolf View Post
    Like I said, personal choice, but still public impact....and most of the excuses just don't jive with the real data
    It should be a personal choice in your house. But public events, schools, etc should require vaccinations.

Hell, mandatory vaccination laws already exist in all 50 states

Click here to register!

It should be a personal choice in your house. But public events, schools, etc should require vaccinations.

Hell, mandatory vaccination laws already exist in all 50 states

Under these provisions the USA has also sterilized 70,000 citizens in the past century, so I'm not sure it's the best reference point.

Quote Originally Posted by NBA all the way View Post
    Under these provisions the USA has also sterilized 70,000 citizens in the past century, so I'm not sure it's the best reference point.
    The point is, mandating a vaccine isn't odd. It's expected and should certainly be mandated for public gatherings, schools, etc. Other vaccines are already mandated country wide for public schools. Do the same for the covid vax.

Not doing so is allowing those that ignorantly refuse to get it to put others in danger(even vaccinated individuals), their friends , families loved ones, and finally themselves. Also others families , friends, loved ones, children.

Click here to register!

The point is, mandating a vaccine isn't odd. It's expected and should certainly be mandated for public gatherings, schools, etc. Other vaccines are already mandated country wide for public schools. Do the same for the covid vax.

Not doing so is allowing those that ignorantly refuse to get it to put others in danger(even vaccinated individuals), their friends , families loved ones, and finally themselves. Also others families , friends, loved ones, children.

I think itll probably get to that point, but I think it's way too soon right now.

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast