Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr.B View Post
    But you are aware that there are a large portion of the population that is shunning the vaccine correct?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    yep. these unvaxxed *******s are going to cause further mutations and we're going to be back in the beginning of 2020 where everything has to shutdown

because these *******s believe the ridiculous misinformation they continuously get.

as for manbearchef, you're a ****img idiot if you think they can't track who is getting covid.

I need to remind you I work in a hospital directly with patients.

and one of the first thing you see in their chart right now is whether or not they're vaxxed against covid.

then you can also see if they're in for covid

it's an INCREDIBLY easy thing to track

unsurprisingly, every single covud patient currently at the hospital I work at is unvaxxed.

I'd also like to point out this hospital was the epicenter for covid last year in Michigan. we had the most covid cases by far in the state because we're the biggest hospital that's close to the thumb area, which has no large hospitals because it's mostly rural

so we got most covid patients from the thumb and tri city areas
    Quote Originally Posted by NormSizedMidget View Post
    It's different now than it was.

When he won the second one, Giants fans are here we're outside of their minds.
    That quote always cracks me up.

Iím vaxxed but my risk to bad Covid results is at .03%. With the vax it goes to .02%. Question is, is that enough for the unknown? For some itís not and they shouldnít be shunned.

Quote Originally Posted by BDawk4Prez View Post
    Iím vaxxed but my risk to bad Covid results is at .03%. With the vax it goes to .02%. Question is, is that enough for the unknown? For some itís not and they shouldnít be shunned.
    Shunned? Maybe not
    Shamed? I'm having less problem with that idea every day

This whole 'they can tell I'm not vaxed because I'm wearing a mask' Cole Beasley bull **** is just that...bull ****.
    What's he think should happen, everybody still wear a mask so we can't see his stupidity? Or everyone NOT wear one so we can see EVERYbody's stupidity...
    gotta love 'referential' treatment

Quote Originally Posted by manbearchef View Post
    I don't know how many times this needs to be proven, but VACCINATED PEOPLE DO CATCH COVID. And the "99% of current cases are unvaccinated" line is bs. The CDC barely has the capability of tracking cases as is, much less cross referencing with vaccination records (the CDC has essentially said as much when they suggested they should have more power to monitor all covid cases). But if you think vaccinated people aren't catching it, here's an example of 75% in a mass outbreak being vaccinated.

https://www.cnbc.com/amp/2021/07/30/...accinated.html
    I don't know where you're getting your information, but you need to understand that, wherever it is, it's bull ****. Vaccinated people getting Covid is an EXTREME minority...I mean like less likely than winning the lottery extreme.

And even if they do.....that's like saying 'someone died in a car accident despite wearing a seat belt, so I'm not going to wear a seat belt because they don't prevent death'. THAT'S what this vaccine pushback looks like to me.....poorly formed excuse from using ill-conceived information.

If you wait for a vaccine that's 100% effective, you'll never take one in your life....but you'll enjoy such ailments as pneumonia, flu, and shingles that could have easily been prevented.

And again, while it's your personal choice whether to get vaxed or not, your decision has a public effect in that you contribute to the continued spread. Yes, the vaxed can spread, too...but with no hosts, the virus dies.

Quote Originally Posted by basch152 View Post
    yep. these unvaxxed *******s are going to cause further mutations and we're going to be back in the beginning of 2020 where everything has to shutdown

because these *******s believe the ridiculous misinformation they continuously get.

as for manbearchef, you're a ****img idiot if you think they can't track who is getting covid.

and one of the first thing you see in their chart right now is whether or not they're vaxxed against covid.

unsurprisingly, every single covud patient currently at the hospital I work at is unvaxxed.

I'd also like to point out this hospital was the epicenter for covid last year in Michigan. we had the most covid cases by far in the state because we're the biggest hospital that's close to the thumb area, which has no large hospitals because it's mostly rural

HIPAA much? lol

Quote Originally Posted by Mamba42 View Post
    Again, when almost everyone is vaccinated of course most of the cases will be vaccinated peopleÖ without the vaccine it would have been much worse.

Also when has anyone said you canít get it with the vaccine? Itís been pretty clear the entire time that vaccines have been available that they arenít 100% effective but that they drastically improve your odds of not getting it and almost certainly avoid death.
    The literal direct message from SiteWolf that i replied to implied vaccinated people aren't catching covid. It's clearly not as clear as you might think.

You also have literally no way of knowing or would be worse when there's zero deaths in that group of nearly 500 despite there clearly being unvaccinated people there. 4 of the 5 hospitalized are vaccinated. The virus itself has such a low hospitalization and death rate that there's no way qualitative to back the claim that it's preventing deaths and hospitalizations among sub-60 year old people with no pre-existing conditions.

Also food for thought, if 75% of a 500 person outbreak are vaccinated, it sounds like it's time for them to shut everything back down since the vaccines clearly aren't doing enough for normal operation and not to give any spoilers for the coming months, but the CDC will be walking back everything they've said to convince people to get vaccinated ("you won't have to wear a mask.... or distance.... and we can open everything back up"). If 400 vaccinated people in one city can catch it in one big outbreak there's absolutely no way you can logically convince anyone that this is going to stop the virus from continuing to mutate.

Yeah, because you're in a ****ing hospital lol. The only thing the CDC is currently and accurately tracking is hospitalizations and deaths. So for those nearly 500 cases, the CDC will only reliably track the 5 who are in the hospital. Yet again, you cite your hospital experience and claim anyone who disagrees is wrong or lying then resort to emotional name calling, yet aren't even aware of what the CDC is doing except in hospitalizations.

https://www.health.harvard.edu/blog/...9-202106032471

Quote Originally Posted by SiteWolf View Post
    I don't know where you're getting your information, but you need to understand that, wherever it is, it's bull ****. Vaccinated people getting Covid is an EXTREME minority...I mean like less likely than winning the lottery extreme.

And even if they do.....that's like saying 'someone died in a car accident despite wearing a seat belt, so I'm not going to wear a seat belt because they don't prevent death'. THAT'S what this vaccine pushback looks like to me.....poorly formed excuse from using ill-conceived information.

If you wait for a vaccine that's 100% effective, you'll never take one in your life....but you'll enjoy such ailments as pneumonia, flu, and shingles that could have easily been prevented.

And again, while it's your personal choice whether to get vaxed or not, your decision has a public effect in that you contribute to the continued spread. Yes, the vaxed can spread, too...but with no hosts, the virus dies.
    Lmao really? Because I've got 2 family members, 2 friends, and a dozen coworkers who've already won that "lottery ticket".

And stop acting like anyone is asking for a guaranteed 100% vaccine. Just give me a 90%+ efficacy and long term evidence before expecting me to line up for it. That's not unreasonable. Even if it's a yearly flu-like vaccine I'll take it when it makes sense, but I'm not going to get ill from the short term vaccine side effects every 8 months for a vaccine that half *** works and might be useless every few months when the virus mutates.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.B View Post
    But you are aware that there are a large portion of the population that is shunning the vaccine correct?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Ya sure. Doesn't mean that there needs to be a mandatory vaccine.

Variants do not come from the unvaxxed. They come from the vaxxed. It's the disease adapting.

Quote Originally Posted by nessythegreat View Post
    Variants do not come from the unvaxxed. They come from the vaxxed. It's the disease adapting.
    Viruses mutate naturally, which alters their surface antigens. The immune system relies on recognizing those antigens to fight against them.

While vaccines can contribute to that mutation, variants will appear naturally with or without them. The idea is that enough people get vaccinated to achieve herd immunity and cause the virus to dissipate with no hosts.

Quote Originally Posted by nessythegreat View Post
    umm, what? the virus mutates as it works its way from host to host....virtually all hosts are unvaxxed

Quote Originally Posted by manbearchef View Post
    Lmao really? Because I've got 2 family members, 2 friends, and a dozen coworkers who've already won that "lottery ticket".

And stop acting like anyone is asking for a guaranteed 100% vaccine. Just give me a 90%+ efficacy and long term evidence before expecting me to line up for it. That's not unreasonable. Even if it's a yearly flu-like vaccine I'll take it when it makes sense, but I'm not going to get ill from the short term vaccine side effects every 8 months for a vaccine that half *** works and might be useless every few months when the virus mutates.
    so what you're saying is, it wouldn't matter what the efficacy was, you're still sticking out for long term evidence...until then it doesn't make sense to you

and you're saying you know over a dozen people who got Covid after getting vaccinated? even if so, any of 'em have more than a mild flu? because if so, they can still thank the vaccine for the lesser effects of the virus

Quote Originally Posted by NBA all the way View Post
    HIPAA much? lol
    Howís what he said breaking hippa?
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack of Blades View Post
    I don't consider Brand New indie. I consider them ****ing awesome and don't belong to a genre.

Quote Originally Posted by koldjerky View Post
    Howís what he said breaking hippa?
    If someone can commit a HIPAA violation by posting on social media "the patient I just treated has meth mouth" then surely this guy saying all people in the hospital he works at in Michigan that are admitted for covid are unvaccinated is a HIPAA violation too.

As a medical professional it is that dudes job to protect people's medical records, he has no right to publicly release any of his patient's medical history/medical records regardless of his personal beliefs.

Quote Originally Posted by Vee-Rex View Post
    Viruses mutate naturally, which alters their surface antigens. The immune system relies on recognizing those antigens to fight against them.

While vaccines can contribute to that mutation, variants will appear naturally with or without them. The idea is that enough people get vaccinated to achieve herd immunity and cause the virus to dissipate with no hosts.
    Yes I should've clarified this. That was my mistake. What I was trying to say is that to just blame people who haven't taken the vaccine for variants is ridiculous.
    Secondly, there is no chance of this virus to dissipate. If that is our goal then we will be masked and lockdown for the foreseeable future.

Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast