Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by SiteWolf View Post
    umm, what? the virus mutates as it works its way from host to host....virtually all hosts are unvaxxed
    It will only mutate if it has to. Antibodies/vaccine's cause it to mutate. So vaxxed and unvaxxed are hosts than can mutate a virus.

Quote Originally Posted by NBA all the way View Post
    HIPAA much? lol
    you don't understand hipaa if you think what I said is a hipaa violation
    Quote Originally Posted by NormSizedMidget View Post
    It's different now than it was.

When he won the second one, Giants fans are here we're outside of their minds.
    That quote always cracks me up.

Quote Originally Posted by nessythegreat View Post
    It will only mutate if it has to. Antibodies/vaccine's cause it to mutate. So vaxxed and unvaxxed are hosts than can mutate a virus.
    false...to an extent

the vaccine in extreme layman's terms, teaches your body how to fight covid

covid can't mutate if it's destroyed before it has a chance to

so unvaccinated are SIGNIFICANTLY more like to cause it to mutate.

HOWEVER, vaxxed people still carry, and can spread covid before they fight it off. so if they spread it to someone unvaxxed before their body has fought it off, then they are still helping with the mutation

it's STILL far more likely to happen because of an unvaxxed person

Variants do not come from the unvaxxed. They come from the vaxxed. It's the disease adapting.
    you. are. flat. out. wrong.

100% so actually.

Quote Originally Posted by manbearchef View Post
    The literal direct message from SiteWolf that i replied to implied vaccinated people aren't catching covid. It's clearly not as clear as you might think.

You also have literally no way of knowing or would be worse when there's zero deaths in that group of nearly 500 despite there clearly being unvaccinated people there. 4 of the 5 hospitalized are vaccinated. The virus itself has such a low hospitalization and death rate that there's no way qualitative to back the claim that it's preventing deaths and hospitalizations among sub-60 year old people with no pre-existing conditions.

Also food for thought, if 75% of a 500 person outbreak are vaccinated, it sounds like it's time for them to shut everything back down since the vaccines clearly aren't doing enough for normal operation and not to give any spoilers for the coming months, but the CDC will be walking back everything they've said to convince people to get vaccinated ("you won't have to wear a mask.... or distance.... and we can open everything back up"). If 400 vaccinated people in one city can catch it in one big outbreak there's absolutely no way you can logically convince anyone that this is going to stop the virus from continuing to mutate.

Yeah, because you're in a ****ing hospital lol. The only thing the CDC is currently and accurately tracking is hospitalizations and deaths. So for those nearly 500 cases, the CDC will only reliably track the 5 who are in the hospital. Yet again, you cite your hospital experience and claim anyone who disagrees is wrong or lying then resort to emotional name calling, yet aren't even aware of what the CDC is doing except in hospitalizations.

https://www.health.harvard.edu/blog/...9-202106032471
    yep. this didn't counter anything I said.

the people getting hospitalized and dying from covid are BY FAR AND AWAY mostly unvaccinated people.
    period.

as far as actually catching it, anyone with a brain knows you can still get it with the vax. but you're SIGNIFICANTLY less likely to have any symptoms at all, let alone ones that require hospitalization or death

Quote Originally Posted by basch152 View Post
    false...to an extent

so unvaccinated are SIGNIFICANTLY more like to cause it to mutate.

HOWEVER, vaxxed people still carry, and can spread covid before they fight it off. so if they spread it to someone unvaxxed before their body has fought it off, then they are still helping with the mutation

to slam dunk on this, the delta variant was around before vaccines were.

it's ****ing idiocy to think the vaccine is what's causing it.

if vaccines caused mutations and not people who aren't vaccinated, then none of the dozens of nearly eradicated viruses would have been eradicated. the vaccines would've just caused them to mutate

one last thing - I think the most hilarious thing to happen in the last 2 years is when last week all of the conservative media and major politicians came out at the same time and started telling people to get vaccinated.

even people like McConnell did this.

they're only doing this NOW because it's almost exclusively their unvaccinated base dying to covid and its going to eventually cost them too many voters

whereas before most of the damage was caused in big cities.

you don't understand hipaa if you think what I said is a hipaa violation
    Just keep disclosing your patients medical history publicly, I'm sure it'll go well for you lol

Just keep disclosing your patients medical history publicly, I'm sure it'll go well for you lol
    again, you have no idea what hipaa is.

I've literally dealt with it first hand for almost a decade. stating what I stated isn't a hipaa violation

false...to an extent

so unvaccinated are SIGNIFICANTLY more like to cause it to mutate

People who haven't had covid or any vaccine are not more likely to mutate a virus. The virus has no need to mutate since the person has no defense against it. Only after antibodies or a vaccine comes along does the virus need to mutate. And Covid will never be destroyed. It's a flu. It's here to stay.

People who haven't had covid or any vaccine are not more likely to mutate a virus. The virus has no need to mutate since the person has no defense against it. Only after antibodies or a vaccine comes along does the virus need to mutate. And Covid will never be destroyed. It's a flu. It's here to stay.
    this is unequivocally false.

like I said, the delta variant showed up before the vaccine, that alone completely shatters your entire argument

but other than that?? this is also not how mutations occur, at all.

just spend 5 minutes googling how they happen and try not looking at clearly biased sources, because you clearly have absolutely no idea what you're talking about

Viruses rely on a host to survive and replicate. They invade the body of a human or an animal and bind with the host’s cells to allow their own genetic material (RNA) to enter the cells. The host’s own cells read the genetic code and replicate it, making more of the virus.

That new virus then leaves the cell in search of another host to infect.

Sometimes when that genetic code is being translated into proteins, a piece of the code gets changed. This is called a mutation, and they happen frequently.

“Human cells are DNA-based. And DNA – thankfully for us – has much better integrity than RNA. DNA has the ability to check itself. If there are small changes, or what we call mutations, to its genetic code, it can fix itself and get back to normal. RNA is a lot more messy,” Dr. Kasper said.
    this is LITERALLY **** taught in A&P 101
    Last edited by basch152; 08-02-2021 at 04:05 AM.

viruses do not mutate because they come across antigens that can destroy it, they mutate by continuously spreading and replicating.

in other words - because people aren't vaxxed or doing ANYTHING to stop the spread.

when it goes into a vaxxed person, it will typically die VERY fast, before ever even having a chance to replicate.

you're out of your goddamn league here

If someone can commit a HIPAA violation by posting on social media "the patient I just treated has meth mouth" then surely this guy saying all people in the hospital he works at in Michigan that are admitted for covid are unvaccinated is a HIPAA violation too.

As a medical professional it is that dudes job to protect people's medical records, he has no right to publicly release any of his patient's medical history/medical records regardless of his personal beliefs.
    He’s not disclosing who they are.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack of Blades View Post
    I don't consider Brand New indie. I consider them ****ing awesome and don't belong to a genre.

Get this back on the topic of football fast or it's gonna be shut down. Conversations like this are ongoing in the Politics and General Discussion area and can continue there.

Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast