Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Red Wings Acquire Alex Nedeljkovic from the Hurricanes

Hearing Detroit is acquiring goalie Alex Nedeljkovic from Carolina
    via Pierre LeBrun

Compensation in Bernier and a 3rd reportedly.

25 year old Goalie coming off a 23 starts last year putting up 1.90 GAA and SV% of .932. His playoff #'s were very solid as well: 9 appearances with 2.27 GAA and .920%.

Based on those stats, fan boards and reactions, and other fans reactions this looks like another steal for Yzerman.

He also re-signs with the Red Wings, 2 years 3 million per. Very solid prove it type of deal with a chance to cash in big if he continues to play well. I expect a dip going from Carolina's defense to ours but I think we may have found our current and future goalie.

As for why Carolina would do this, it seems like they couldn't afford his arbitration with Hamilton, Svechnikov, and others still needing to be extended.
    Last edited by LionsFan..LOL; 07-22-2021 at 01:56 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by LionsFan..LOL View Post
    He also re-signs with the Red Wings, 2 years 3 million per. Very solid prove it type of deal with a chance to cash in big if he continues to play well. I expect a dip going from Carolina's defense to ours but I think we may have found our current and future goalie.

As for why Carolina would do this, it seems like they couldn't afford his arbitration with Hamilton, Svechnikov, and others still needing to be extended.
    From what I've read its they couldn't afford his arbitration when the time comes.

25 year old Goalie coming off a 23 starts last year putting up 1.90 GAA and SV% of .932. His playoff #'s were very solid as well: 9 appearances with 2.27 GAA and .920%.

Based on those stats, fan boards and reactions, and other fans reactions this looks like another steal for Yzerman.
    Agree

2016 PSD LIONS FORUM COMEBACK POSTER OF THE YEAR

Favorite Teams
    Detroit Red Wings
    Detroit Lions Welcome to Detroit Brad Holmes and Welcome Back DCam aka The Dude. Thanks for the Memories Stafford.
    Detroit Tigers Welcome to Detroit AJ Hinch!
    North Carolina Tarheels Mens Basketball Thank You for the memories Coach Williams and Good Luck to Coach Davis!
    Florida State Seminoles Welcome to Tallahassee Mike Norvell!

nice!

piece by piece, it's gonna take time, but the captain knows what he's doing

Quote Originally Posted by vader817 View Post
    From what I've read its they couldn't afford his arbitration when the time comes.

Agree
    It's weird because apparently the Wings paid only a million or less more than what he was asking. Ah well, works for us!

It's weird because apparently the Wings paid only a million or less more than what he was asking. Ah well, works for us!
    I thought the same thing.

2016 PSD LIONS FORUM COMEBACK POSTER OF THE YEAR

Favorite Teams
    Detroit Red Wings
    Detroit Lions Welcome to Detroit Brad Holmes and Welcome Back DCam aka The Dude. Thanks for the Memories Stafford.
    Detroit Tigers Welcome to Detroit AJ Hinch!
    North Carolina Tarheels Mens Basketball Thank You for the memories Coach Williams and Good Luck to Coach Davis!
    Florida State Seminoles Welcome to Tallahassee Mike Norvell!