Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 5 of 24 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by runnermjr1296 View Post
    That AB by Stanton might be the worst AB I’ve ever seen by a ball player in my life

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Proof how great America is. To suck so bad at what you are being paid for and being a multi-millionaire. I like how he looks surprised that he struck out again or popped up killing yet another rally. I hope he does not think he is good at playing baseball. Maybe he is on 'something'.
    'Real' Yankee fans tell the truth about the team whether it is nice or not.

"Well, that kind of puts a damper on even a Yankee win."
    -- Yankees announcer Phil Rizzuto after reading a bulletin that Pope Paul VI had died

That was rough, 30 years ago something would had been broken in my house (especially considering the magnitude of the game) but last night I was just numb afterwards.
    I kept thinking about how Silvio used to imitate Al Pacino doing “every time I think I’m out they pull me back in “[emoji3064]

Quote Originally Posted by runnermjr1296 View Post
    That AB by Stanton might be the worst AB I’ve ever seen by a ball player in my life

Let’s focus more on the 1-0, 3-1,4-3 leads that this team coughed up last night.
    My favorite Top 10 Rolling Stones songs
    1. Doo Doo Doo Doo Doo ( Heartbreaker)
    2. Gimme Shelter
    3. Miss You
    4. Angie
    5. Sympathy for the Devil
    6. Anybody seen my Baby
    7. Paint it Black
    8. Rock and a Hard Place
    9. (I can’t get no) Satisfaction
    10. Undercover of the Night

That was an easy win for a playoff caliber team. The Yanks are far from that.

Where is that vaunted bullpen?

Green is atrocious as a closer. With all of the rest Chapman has had in the past month you would of thought he would have been in there last night closing despite pitching 2 days in a row. That was a game you had to win.

Things are just not going the Yankees way in 2021. Again, once they start playing well they then get clapped. Now watch Cole pitch a great game tonight but get zero run support. This series is over folks. We lose 3/4 or even get swept after last nights terrible loss. That loss for sure was demoralizing and will have a carry over effect IMO.
    2. Gimme Shelter
    3. Miss You
    4. Angie
    6. Anybody seen my Baby
    7. Paint it Black
    8. Rock and a Hard Place

Quote Originally Posted by dayners81 View Post
    Still don't understand why they have protect Krispe from the rule 5 instead of keeping Whitlock.

Just a disgusting lose, I just really hope they don't get fooled into being huge buyers from this recent hot stretch.

Not having Loaisiga has cost us at least 2 games, hopefully he'll be back tomorrow. His absence has just gone to show why he has the highest War of any AL reliever, at least he was before he got hurt.

If they are going to make a run, they may want to consider using a guy like Otto or Gil , later in the yr, in the BP

For all you prospect guys, Luis Medina was scheduled to start and was scratched not due to injury and they haven't announced his next scheduled start. Rumors are he is the main piece of a trade for either Gallo or Bryan Reynolds. If they end up trading Medina for Gallo or a rental i'll never forgive Cashman. If they trade Medina in a package for anything but a young, controllable AS type talent, its a huge, huge mistake IMO

Day, don’t worry about Cashman sending good specs for Gallo. For one the Rays got a better hitter in their trade for Nelson Cruz and only lost their 15th and 17th best specs for him. What are our 15th and 17th specs? Cruz is much better than Gallo in hitting and at being a clubhouse leader.

And I highly doubt Hal allows Cashman to buy unless they put that ugly aside and go on a 6-2 run to the deadline. That team after that loss? No freaking way.
    2. Gimme Shelter
    3. Miss You
    4. Angie
    6. Anybody seen my Baby
    7. Paint it Black
    8. Rock and a Hard Place

Somewhere within the transmutation of Yin and Yang
    Quote Originally Posted by rrzubnyy View Post
    That was an easy win for a playoff caliber team. The Yanks are far from that.

Where is that vaunted bullpen?

Green is atrocious as a closer. With all of the rest Chapman has had in the past month you would of thought he would have been in there last night closing despite pitching 2 days in a row. That was a game you had to win.

Things are just not going the Yankees way in 2021. Again, once they start playing well they then get clapped. Now watch Cole pitch a great game tonight but get zero run support. This series is over folks. We lose 3/4 or even get swept after last nights terrible loss. That loss for sure was demoralizing and will have a carry over effect IMO.
    Covid list or in need of rest. TO me, last night was a game when you pitch everyone. You win that game.
    You have your Ace going today and he will give you a good shot, so piece it together today. Last night, Monty had an excellent game. You need to capitalize on that and get the win.
    Are they short handed? Yes. But you had Chappy and Brittany on the bench. One of them can suck it up and pitch.

Don't worry Mush, the season isn't over. Gallo is on the way! The Yankees will trade one of their bet pitching prospects for another swing and miss guy who has a "great OPS". Hooray!
    It will be really fun to watch Judge K, Gallo K, Stanton K because once every few games, they will hit the ball really high and really far.

Ignorance is bliss

Quote Originally Posted by Webslinger View Post
    But Kriske wasn't protected during the rule 5 draft so it's kind of pointless blaming the yankees for protecting him and not whitlock. The yankees are however protecting kriske now by not releasing him. That's the biggest head scratcher.

Well Gallo is young and an all star. I think Cashman probably sees him as some combination between Gary Sanchez and Aaron Hicks, hitting wise. Maybe even a bit of Odor as well. I can see the Rangers asking for Medina, Peraza, Volpe and Dominguez and Waldichuk. Those names have to have been discussed.
    Gallo will be infuriating to watch. I truly want zero part of him. He is another 3 outcome player.
    Reynolds? That would actually be smart. That is a guy. for whom I give up a couple names names you mentioned, including Peraza and Medina.

Ignorance is bliss

I had a humorous flash of WTF?

Ks don't matter because an out is an out. If you are going to make an out, it doesn't matter how you do it.
    That is the rational given. Ok. It makes sense, except for one glaring thing. if you hit the ****ing ball you may not make an out. You may get a hit. You might make an out but unless you hit the ball, you won't know.
    So no, an out is not simply an out. Hit the ball.

Ignorance is bliss

Cessa got 3 outs with 5 pitches. Good job son, now let someone else blow it up. What an asshat Boone is. They told him before the game that he couldn't use Chapman or Britton. I don't agree, but ...fine, as far as plans go, Then, he gets in his mind that he will save Chad Greene for the 9th, because he's the next man up. Then, the robot can't alter his plan when the guy he pitches in the 8th inning gets 3 outs on 5 fck'n pitches. The anal guys are cheering him this morning for him staying the course. What a robot team and a robot manager. Even the scarecrow in the wizard of OZ had a bigger brain, the cowardly lion had more courage and the tin man had more heart.

Quote Originally Posted by johnnyi View Post
    Cessa got 3 outs with 5 pitches. Good job son, now let someone else blow it up. What an asshat Boone is. They told him before the game that he couldn't use Chapman or Britton. I don't agree, but ...fine, as far as plans go, Then, he gets in his mind that he will save Chad Greene for the 9th, because he's the next man up. Then, the robot can't alter his plan when the guy he pitches in the 8th inning gets 3 outs on 5 fck'n pitches. The anal guys are cheering him this morning for him staying the course. What a robot team and a robot manager. Even the scarecrow in the wizard of OZ had a bigger brain, the cowardly lion had more courage and the tin man had more heart.
    That was your best post ever! You said it all perfectly!
    2. Gimme Shelter
    3. Miss You
    4. Angie
    6. Anybody seen my Baby
    7. Paint it Black
    8. Rock and a Hard Place

How about we trade Voit, Big Mike to the Rays for Nelson Cruz?

What a tremendous pickup the Rays did…..
    2. Gimme Shelter
    3. Miss You
    4. Angie
    6. Anybody seen my Baby
    7. Paint it Black
    8. Rock and a Hard Place

Quote Originally Posted by Kinkotheclown View Post
    I had a humorous flash of WTF?

Ks don't matter because an out is an out. If you are going to make an out, it doesn't matter how you do it.
    That is the rational given. Ok. It makes sense, except for one glaring thing. if you hit the ****ing ball you may not make an out. You may get a hit. You might make an out but unless you hit the ball, you won't know.
    So no, an out is not simply an out. Hit the ball.

All the anals care about is OBA. But the problem is those idiots don’t understand the importance of situational hitting to help with run production….Why are we at the bottom with runs scored?

Stanton, Judge and Gallo will have Hal smiling for HRs and then shirt sales afterwards.
    2. Gimme Shelter
    3. Miss You
    4. Angie
    6. Anybody seen my Baby
    7. Paint it Black
    8. Rock and a Hard Place

Quote Originally Posted by Kinkotheclown View Post
    Covid list or in need of rest. TO me, last night was a game when you pitch everyone. You win that game.
    You have your Ace going today and he will give you a good shot, so piece it together today. Last night, Monty had an excellent game. You need to capitalize on that and get the win.
    Are they short handed? Yes. But you had Chappy and Brittany on the bench. One of them can suck it up and pitch.

Don't worry Mush, the season isn't over. Gallo is on the way! The Yankees will trade one of their bet pitching prospects for another swing and miss guy who has a "great OPS". Hooray!
    It will be really fun to watch Judge K, Gallo K, Stanton K because once every few games, they will hit the ball really high and really far.
    I fully understand the Covid list but not resting players…..They have Cole tonight! If on the good portion of pen can be rested….and if not then a mop up guy…….Why not use your resources to get outs? Britton and Chapman couldn’t piece together one freaking inning? Like the 3-1 in the 9th or the 4-3 in the 10th? Oh, I forgot about the rules, the stupid weak *** rules in MLB…..Then use Cessa for 2 as Green is a different pitcher in a closers role. Chapman with usage from past month could have closed it out with a 3-1 lead. He was basically benched for weeks on end. Use him when needed Boone! And save the REST excuse crap!

Ridiculous!

Tony LaRussa wins that game easily in the 9th!
    Last edited by rrzubnyy; 07-23-2021 at 08:09 AM.
    2. Gimme Shelter
    3. Miss You
    4. Angie
    6. Anybody seen my Baby
    7. Paint it Black
    8. Rock and a Hard Place

Nelson Cruz is old but he is still a better option than say Mike Stanton!

The Rays will win the East unless Chris Salo is Sandy Koufax down the stretch!

Yanks ought to just sit and see what this collection of crap can do in the final 2 months. Then in the off-season is where you rip apart the roster and reconstruct it…..

Voit and Hicks are the first 2 to trade for whatever. Both are constantly injured and a return of a bag of balls would be good for me as they would get use with batting practice.

And then throw out that stupid line in the sand with payroll….

I don’t care how ANYBODY slices it up in justifying in keeping it below the so called tax line…

They are the NEW YORK YANKEES! Now be like them and quit scratching your head Hal with payroll!

Hal always said you can win a WS without spending over $200 million…True of course, BUT has the Yankees won or even appeared in a WS since 2009 using that freaking philosophy? Have they? So shut up with that nonsense!
    Last edited by rrzubnyy; 07-23-2021 at 07:57 AM.
    2. Gimme Shelter
    3. Miss You
    4. Angie
    6. Anybody seen my Baby
    7. Paint it Black
    8. Rock and a Hard Place

I don’t know why I get upset with these losses in 2021…..

I’m going back to my video games to buy some time until Spring Training starts again. I’ll still follow as I like baseball but not worry anymore……2021 is it what it is for the Yankees

84-78!
    2. Gimme Shelter
    3. Miss You
    4. Angie
    6. Anybody seen my Baby
    7. Paint it Black
    8. Rock and a Hard Place