Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Daniel Bryan Signs with AEW

Daniel Bryan, now Bryan Danielson, allowed his WWE contract to expire and now he is a free agent. Since his WWE contract expired, he is free to sign anywhere he wishes without a 90-day non-compete clause in place. It appears that has already happened.

Vince McMahon’s company removed him from any future plans when it comes to merchandising and marketing. The general idea in WWE is that Bryan Danielson is likely going to AEW. A new report has confirmed that to be the case.

Bryan Danielson has been enjoying his vacation away from pro wrestling, but he’s not going to stay away for long. After a lot of fan speculation, Bodyslam.net has confirmed that the Bearded GOAT inked a deal with All Elite Wrestling.

In an update as to the future of Bryan Danielson (fka Daniel Bryan), a source I have spoken to has told me that he is “locked in” and has 100% already signed a contract with AEW.

It is also reported that Bryan Danielson wanted to work less dates for the same money. He also wanted the ability to work in Japan and have input on his character. He was granted all of those requests.

AEW is picking up some big momentum as live fans return. Tony Khan also hinted that the company has some big signings, and some of them aren’t even known about yet. They just brought in Malakai Black and Andrade El Idolo in recent memory. This also joins the rumor that CM Punk is interested in joining them.

We will continue monitoring this ongoing story in case more information is made available. It wouldn’t be a big surprise to see Bryan Danielson appear in AEW soon enough.
    Eichel Tower

soooo basically its a rumor and nothing confirmed.

Quote Originally Posted by PackerBum9786 View Post
    To be fair, there have been some whispers that Bryan Danielson could show up at All Out.
    Screw sabermetics.

Quote Originally Posted by PackerBum9786 View Post
    It seems pretty real. We will see if it is. But this is a huge get if true. If they somehow get punk it would be nuts.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

AEW is basically this generations WCW and whatever happened to We’re not gonna sign every WWE wrestler that gets released? What a bunch of Bull Crap. There’s also rumors CM Punk maybe in talks of a return? Hmmmm I wonder where he’ll end up. One company can’t get their **** together because their too cheap to pay its wrestlers and the other is basically pouring salt on the wounds. If Vince keeps releasing people who’s left? Charlotte and Reigns? Then again it would be something he’ll do. Is it any wonder people can’t take the WWE serious. Ok rant over.

Quote Originally Posted by Midnightbottle View Post
    It seems pretty real. We will see if it is. But this is a huge get if true. If they somehow get punk it would be nuts.
    And with AEW in working relationships (the forbidden door now open) with AAA/IMPACT/NJPW/NWA, the potential is there for Bryan (and if Punk does indeed sign) to feud with anybody from Sami Callahan to Kenny Omega to Nick Aldis and everybody in between. My favorite idea(s) would be Bryan .v. Jay White or Bryan .v. Okada just to name a couple.

Where WWE is growing stale (not unlike WCW in their dying days, and I know WWE is nowhere close to dying), AEW seems to get more exciting and intriguing.
    Screw sabermetics.

Quote Originally Posted by BSF101 View Post
    AEW is basically this generations WCW and whatever happened to We’re not gonna sign every WWE wrestler that gets released? What a bunch of Bull Crap. There’s also rumors CM Punk maybe in talks of a return? Hmmmm I wonder where he’ll end up. One company can’t get their **** together because their too cheap to pay its wrestlers and the other is basically pouring salt on the wounds. If Vince keeps releasing people who’s left? Charlotte and Reigns? Then again it would be something he’ll do. Is it any wonder people can’t take the WWE serious. Ok rant over.
    This won’t sign every wwe guy is such crap. Are they just supposed to say hey Bryan I know you wanna come here. But **** off you worked for Vince? What they ment is there not gonna sign every released person no matter who they are and make them champion right away.

This won’t sign every wwe guy is such crap. Are they just supposed to say hey Bryan I know you wanna come here. But **** off you worked for Vince? What they ment is there not gonna sign every released person no matter who they are and make them champion right away.

My problem with this is they say we’re not gonna be like WCW by signing guys left and right but they do it anyway. Guys have every right to sign with whoever they want but let’s not forget WCW folded because of bad management and where paying guys guaranteed money for little work. If there’s one thing Vince was good at it was managing his money. If Ted Turner was smart he wouldn’t have opened his checkbook and say hey you want this much for only 100 matches per year ok. Vince would be like LOL you get paid for the number of matches you do.

Daniel Bryan Signs with AEW

Quote Originally Posted by BSF101 View Post
    My problem with this is they say we’re not gonna be like WCW by signing guys left and right but they do it anyway. Guys have every right to sign with whoever they want but let’s not forget WCW folded because of bad management and where paying guys guaranteed money for little work. If there’s one thing Vince was good at it was managing his money. If Ted Turner was smart he wouldn’t have opened his checkbook and say hey you want this much for only 100 matches per year ok. Vince would be like LOL you get paid for the number of matches you do.
    No giving the likes of Kevin Nash and Hogan creative control killed wcw.

Plus, some of the people Vince releases quite honestly aren't worth the time of day for AEW anyways. Ex-WWE guys like Moxley, Jericho, Daniel Bryan, Rusev, those guys are worth going after. Some of the other ones AEW has signed aren't worth much. Has Shawn Spears really become anything? Dustin Rhodes?
    Eichel Tower

Quote Originally Posted by ccugrad1 View Post
    Plus, some of the people Vince releases quite honestly aren't worth the time of day for AEW anyways. Ex-WWE guys like Moxley, Jericho, Daniel Bryan, Rusev, those guys are worth going after. Some of the other ones AEW has signed aren't worth much. Has Shawn Spears really become anything? Dustin Rhodes?
    Spears is in one of its bigger groups at the moment and Dustin low key has had some of the best matches in the history of aew.

they getting cm punk and DB... Holy helly Omega vs DB or Omega vs punk will be insanity

Quote Originally Posted by More-Than-Most View Post
    they getting cm punk and DB... Holy helly Omega vs DB or Omega vs punk will be insanity
    So would Hangman .v. either guy. Or how about Jay White against either guy? Malaki Black .v. Punk could be really fun. (Peter Griffin voice) Oh my stars.
    Screw sabermetics.