Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 26 of 26 FirstFirst ... 16242526

Thread: Mets @ Reds

Nice!

"You don't know how to drink. Your whole generation, you drink for the wrong reasons. My generation, we drink because it's good, because it feels better than unbuttoning your collar, because we deserve it. We drink because it's what men do."

We all needed a low-stress game.

Smith with the grand slam. Guillorme filling in nicely for lindor with two more hits including HR. Plus just what the Mets needed a strong eight innings from stroman with combined one hit shutout. Nice work.

Weird. No sign of Harleydude this whole game during a dominating Mets win. Guess we'll see him tomorrow if they lose so he can remind us of the pitiful type of team this really is 🤣🤣

But anyways, impressive win today. Hopefully Carrasco can be a huge boost and we get deGrom back shortly, followed by Lindor. Bats have come alive. Still think we'll win the division when it's all done.

Quote Originally Posted by Sick Of It All View Post
    Numbers sucked but I mean he's just working on fine tuning his pitches so if he felt good, that's all that matters.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk

Huge series win here. We now have a more comfortable lead in NL East. Hopefully we start to pull away.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk

Those 13 games in a row vs the Dodgers and Giants are going to be tough.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by bklynny67 View Post
    Weird. No sign of Harleydude this whole game during a dominating Mets win. Guess we'll see him tomorrow if they lose so he can remind us of the pitiful type of team this really is 🤣🤣
    Put it back in your pants, was playing golf all day

Quote Originally Posted by Harleydude666 View Post
    Put it back in your pants, was playing golf all day
    Just ****ing with you man. I understand the negativity. Team can certainly be frustrating. Just trying to look on the bright side sometimes. Still believe we're heading in the right direction. Lindor could prove to be a major mistake, but until the Wilpons I think it won't keep us from spending to improve.

Just ****ing with you man. I understand the negativity. Team can certainly be frustrating. Just trying to look on the bright side sometimes. Still believe we're heading in the right direction. Lindor could prove to be a major mistake, but until the Wilpons I think it won't keep us from spending to improve.
    I don't. This team is built to win now and they have the financial capacity/assets to improve their roster. Its hard to win a division, even harder to win the World Series but there is no reason to blow it up. Go for it. This team is competitive and if they get hot come playoff time, they can make a run.

I dont give much credence to any of that. By no means would this season be a failure if they made the playoffs and lost in the division series for example. Statistically the odds are not in your favor to win a World Series but the odds go down to zero if you're not in the dance.
    Last edited by metswon69; 07-22-2021 at 05:53 AM.

They have the potential to win the World Series or lose the division by 10 games.

It all pivots upon one's definition of "forearm tightness".

I know you were, just using my sarcastic humor LOL

Lindor will be a good player for us but not the 300M superstar he signed on to be. Bottom line, we are not a good hitting team, consistent or clutch anyway, but the only way we win anything is if Jacob, Carrasco, Walker and Stroman stay healthy.

Quote Originally Posted by Sick Of It All View Post
    Those 13 games in a row vs the Dodgers and Giants are going to be tough.

Letís get through this homestand first.

3 against Toronto, 5 against Atlanta, and 3 against CincinnatiÖ11 games in 10 days.

Then an off day and a road trip against Miami and Philly before the next off day.

Mets could really use a 7-4 record on the home stand and then beat the **** out of Miami and Philly.

Go 5-2 against themÖ12-6 until the next off day, Iíll feel pretty confident. All these games being played though, Mets desperately need to acquire some players.

3 at home against Washington, 3 at home against LA, 3 on the road against SF, 4 against LA, then an off day and 3 more against San Francisco lol.

August is definitely going to be the toughest month.

September ainít no cake walk, either. Itís only gonna get tougher from here.

If Trump can become president with no political background then I don't understand why I need a resumť

Page 26 of 26 FirstFirst ... 16242526