Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    Great question and honestly...I don't know...I guess I didn't look at the space they had enough to set the right expectations.

Like KingerSox said...nothing really there for them to play with...I just feel like they're a worse team today on paper than they were when they were eliminated by the Habs. Unless the kids step in and step up, I feel like it's going to be more of the same..

Quote Originally Posted by T.O. Fan View Post
    Great question and honestly...I don't know...I guess I didn't look at the space they had enough to set the right expectations.

Like KingerSox said...nothing really there for them to play with...I just feel like they're a worse team today on paper than they were when they were eliminated by the Habs. Unless the kids step in and step up, I feel like it's going to be more of the same..
    That would be fantastic! 1st in the division. Of course the team will be weaker than what we had by playoff timeÖ we were like 20 mil over the cap by the playoffs. Dubas did a great job of reinforcing the team before the playoffs This past season.

I expect more of the same this year.

They honestly can't trade another 1st rounder for a rental.

Quote Originally Posted by KingerSox View Post
    They honestly can't trade another 1st rounder for a rental.
    I donít even like rentals unless youíre adding a key piece like top6/top4 or a goalie.
    Weíve seen too many of those additions fail every year of the leafs attempts. I say go for chemistry.

Leafs sign F Ondrej Kase. 1 year 1.25 million. I actually like this move. Scored 20 in Anaheim one year and followed it up with another decent season but got traded to Boston and only played 9 games due to injury troubles. If the injury bug is gone he's got some upside still as a secondary scorer.

Leafs sign F Ondrej Kase. 1 year 1.25 million. I actually like this move. Scored 20 in Anaheim one year and followed it up with another decent season but got traded to Boston and only played 9 games due to injury troubles. If the injury bug is gone he's got some upside still as a secondary scorer.
    Love this. Dude has some wheels.

Leafs sign Nick Ritchie. 2 years 2.5 AAV. He's 25 years old and pretty physical. 15 goals and 11 assists in 56 games last season.

Leafs sign Nick Ritchie. 2 years 2.5 AAV. He's 25 years old and pretty physical. 15 goals and 11 assists in 56 games last season.
    This is an interesting signing.

So how's everyone doin mid-August? Kind of slow on Leafs news. Give me your mock line up for next year. Maybe we can get a debate going. I'll post mine after work tonight.

So how's everyone doin mid-August? Kind of slow on Leafs news. Give me your mock line up for next year. Maybe we can get a debate going. I'll post mine after work tonight.
    I donít really have a mock lineup to share, but Iím feeling good about this team. Iím still as high on the top lines as I was after last regular season, and I like the additions to the bottom half.

Itíll come down to goaltending as it usually does.

D Pairings

Rielly - Brodie
    Muzzin - Holl
    Sandin-Dermott

Obviously Liljegren, Mennel and others will be in and out of the line up. Hopefully Liljegren can finally break through this year or he's going to start looking like a bust at some point.

Goalies are Mrazek and Campbell in whatever order you choose. Goaltending is my big thing. Neither is proven as anything but a 1B. Campbell was great last year for one year. More needs to be seen but he's also pushing 30. So how much more potential is there? Plus he always battles nagging injuries. Goaltending is a question mark.

I'll do the forwards tomorrow. Alot more to chew on there.

Forwards

Ritchie/Kerfoot-Matthews-Marner/Nylander
    Kerfoot/Ritchie-Tavares-Nylander/Marner
    Bunting-Kampf-Kase
    Simmonds-Spezza-Mikheyev

Obviously Robertson could factor in. But a full developmental year probably wouldn't hurt.
    Last edited by KingerSox; 08-15-2021 at 09:15 PM.

D Pairings

Rielly - Brodie
    Muzzin - Holl
    Sandin-Dermott

Obviously Liljegren, Mennel and others will be in and out of the line up. Hopefully Liljegren can finally break through this year or he's going to start looking like a bust at some point.

Goalies are Mrazek and Campbell in whatever order you choose. Goaltending is my big thing. Neither is proven as anything but a 1B. Campbell was great last year for one year. More needs to be seen but he's also pushing 30. So how much more potential is there? Plus he always battles nagging injuries. Goaltending is a question mark.

I'll do the forwards tomorrow. Alot more to chew on there.
    I feel like Liljegren is on the roster this year. Another option at times could be the following pairings 5 v 5 and then put Muzzin and Holl back together on the PK. It appears that playing with Muzzin did a lot for Holl and here's hoping some of that rubs off on both Liljegren and Sandin.

Reilly - Brodie
    Muzzin - Liljegren
    Sandin - Holl

I think I would prefer they start the year with Sandin, Dermott and Liljegren playing their share of minutes as the 5th, 6th and 7th d's. They could always try to add another d later in the year if need be.

Full 82 game schedule next season?

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234