Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by T.O. Fan View Post
    Tavares in the 3 seasons he's played with the Leafs has a higher ppg average than the previous 3 seasons with the Islanders while playing less minutes per game...
    He is also playing on a second line with highly skillful superstars one was marner. He is slow and looks like a log out there at times. Imo a player who in the last two seasons is playing 55/60 games is a player who is losing a quarter percentage of the season at 10 million plus. No way Jose and it’s going to only get worse with age. This contract is absolutely killer.

It's your opinion and you're entitled to it, but I feel he's still very dangerous out there and I don't think he even played with Marner this past season. Nylander is very good, but Galchenyuk/Mikheyev are definitely not superstars. Also, Anders Lee scored 40 goals on his wing and Josh Bailey wasn't a slouch either for the Islanders. He played in all 56 games the Leafs played this year, 63 of the 70 last year and all 82 from the season before. I'm guessing you just forgot about the shortened schedule the past two seasons.

As the contract goes on, sure it's not going to be great but I just don't think we're there yet.
    Last edited by T.O. Fan; 07-26-2021 at 04:48 PM.

Leafs sign G Petr Mrazek to a 3 year deal worth 3.8 million a year.

Leafs sign C Michael Amadio to I believe a 1 year deal at either 750,000 or 700,000

Apparetly showing interest in F Michael Bunting.

Why was holtby so cheap?

Quote Originally Posted by ChongInc. View Post
    Why was holtby so cheap?
    No idea.

If the Leafs sign Bunting it's probably because he played Jr. In Sault Ste. Marie. Amadio is from Sault Ste. Marie..

I really hope that's not why.

Leafs sign RW Kurtis Gabriel.

Leafs sign F David Kampf.

With literally no cap space Dubas' gives him 1.5 million. 1 goal in 50 plus games last year.

2 years 1.5 per.
    Last edited by KingerSox; 07-28-2021 at 03:57 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by KingerSox View Post
    If the Leafs sign Bunting it's probably because he played Jr. In Sault Ste. Marie. Amadio is from Sault Ste. Marie..

I really hope that's not why.
    No it would be because he scored 10 goals in 20 games for PHX. The reason bunting would want to sign in Toronto is because of his connections with the Soo. Any team would take him at under 1mil.

Well then good on Dubas.

Quote Originally Posted by KingerSox View Post
    Well then good on Dubas.
    Other than him and mrazek… tough to understand what’s going on with the other signings.

Quote Originally Posted by ChongInc. View Post
    Other than him and mrazek… tough to understand what’s going on with the other signings.
    They can pass waivers with no cap hit. There's just so much they need to contend in the playoffs that they don't have and can't afford. Amadio and Kurtis are Marlies by December is my guess. Kampf.. I just don't get 3 mill over 2 years. Hopefully he works out.

Long offseason. But I don't see them able to do much more unless there's a trade out there nobody sees yet. Even that has to be dollar in dollar out.

What an underwhelming start to the FA period for the Leafs....

I'm wondering if it's worthwhile going into camp as is at this point and just banking the ~$855K remaining for some kind of in season acquisition.

Wouldn't mind seeing what a Robertson, Brooks, Anderson, Sandin, Liljegren, etc. can do to start, but a little dissapointed with the off-season so far.

Quote Originally Posted by T.O. Fan View Post
    What an underwhelming start to the FA period for the Leafs....

I'm wondering if it's worthwhile going into camp as is at this point and just banking the ~$855K remaining for some kind of in season acquisition.

Wouldn't mind seeing what a Robertson, Brooks, Anderson, Sandin, Liljegren, etc. can do to start, but a little dissapointed with the off-season so far.
    No draft picks, no money. Mo problems.

What would you explore though? I think we’re ok on defence. Once holl was protected we knew the defensive core was coming back. Young guys will be given an opportunity back there finally.

Our top 6 is pretty set. Sounds like dubas has been trying to upgrade kerfoot into a top6 winger. Added some bottom 6 depth today. We’ll have the spezza line still down there. Would be nice to add another jumbo joe type vet.

We NEEDED to land a goalie to pair with Camp. If mrazek plays as well as he did with the hurricanes then we’re golden.

Would you explore trading one of the core? I’m not saying I wouldn’t, but what kind of thing were you hoping for today?

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast