Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
Results 46 to 53 of 53
  1. #46
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Toronto, Canada
    Posts
    4,607
    Great question and honestly...I don't know...I guess I didn't look at the space they had enough to set the right expectations.

    Like KingerSox said...nothing really there for them to play with...I just feel like they're a worse team today on paper than they were when they were eliminated by the Habs. Unless the kids step in and step up, I feel like it's going to be more of the same..

  2. #47
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    13,825
    Quote Originally Posted by T.O. Fan View Post
    Great question and honestly...I don't know...I guess I didn't look at the space they had enough to set the right expectations.

    Like KingerSox said...nothing really there for them to play with...I just feel like they're a worse team today on paper than they were when they were eliminated by the Habs. Unless the kids step in and step up, I feel like it's going to be more of the same..
    That would be fantastic! 1st in the division. Of course the team will be weaker than what we had by playoff time… we were like 20 mil over the cap by the playoffs. Dubas did a great job of reinforcing the team before the playoffs This past season.

    I expect more of the same this year.

  3. #48
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Nova Scotia, Canada
    Posts
    13,299
    They honestly can't trade another 1st rounder for a rental.

  4. #49
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    13,825
    Quote Originally Posted by KingerSox View Post
    They honestly can't trade another 1st rounder for a rental.
    I don’t even like rentals unless you’re adding a key piece like top6/top4 or a goalie.
    We’ve seen too many of those additions fail every year of the leafs attempts. I say go for chemistry.

  5. #50
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Nova Scotia, Canada
    Posts
    13,299
    Leafs sign F Ondrej Kase. 1 year 1.25 million. I actually like this move. Scored 20 in Anaheim one year and followed it up with another decent season but got traded to Boston and only played 9 games due to injury troubles. If the injury bug is gone he's got some upside still as a secondary scorer.

  6. #51
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    13,825
    Quote Originally Posted by KingerSox View Post
    Leafs sign F Ondrej Kase. 1 year 1.25 million. I actually like this move. Scored 20 in Anaheim one year and followed it up with another decent season but got traded to Boston and only played 9 games due to injury troubles. If the injury bug is gone he's got some upside still as a secondary scorer.
    Love this. Dude has some wheels.

  7. #52
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Nova Scotia, Canada
    Posts
    13,299
    Leafs sign Nick Ritchie. 2 years 2.5 AAV. He's 25 years old and pretty physical. 15 goals and 11 assists in 56 games last season.

  8. #53
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    13,825
    Quote Originally Posted by KingerSox View Post
    Leafs sign Nick Ritchie. 2 years 2.5 AAV. He's 25 years old and pretty physical. 15 goals and 11 assists in 56 games last season.
    This is an interesting signing.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •