Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 53
  1. #16
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Nova Scotia, Canada
    Posts
    13,299
    McCann officially Seattle's expansion pick.

  2. #17
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    13,805
    Quote Originally Posted by KingerSox View Post
    No need for either. Just call their bluff. I'm not saying instead of 6.9 for Nylander you could of got 5. But 6.4 helps. A little here, a little there is valuable space. Ask Dubas' about that. I'm sure he knows now.
    So you would have let nylander sit out a season (a valuable development season for him)? And then the same with matthews and nylander until they bend to your demands? Dude I just canít see your point of view here.

    Yes I would love to have 2 mil more in cap space.
    No I donít think that would solve ANY of the issues this team has or help us add these vets for the minimum or anything like that.

    But if I am reading the entire message correctly, you want dubas fired because he didnít choke out our best players in contract negotiations. Anything else you havenít agreed with?

    Imo if thatís the worst of it then Iíll take it. A lot better than any other GM we had for my entire lifetime.

  3. #18
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    13,805
    Quote Originally Posted by KingerSox View Post
    McCann officially Seattle's expansion pick.
    Another great move by dubas.

  4. #19
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Nova Scotia, Canada
    Posts
    13,299
    Quote Originally Posted by ChongInc. View Post
    So you would have let nylander sit out a season (a valuable development season for him)? And then the same with matthews and nylander until they bend to your demands? Dude I just canít see your point of view here.

    Yes I would love to have 2 mil more in cap space.
    No I donít think that would solve ANY of the issues this team has or help us add these vets for the minimum or anything like that.

    But if I am reading the entire message correctly, you want dubas fired because he didnít choke out our best players in contract negotiations. Anything else you havenít agreed with?

    Imo if thatís the worst of it then Iíll take it. A lot better than any other GM we had for my entire lifetime.
    If Nylander sat out for the season it would of gotten the message across. I mean is your point of view handing out blank cheque after blank cheque? Just letting those kids and their fathers push you around? There's just no money for the appropriate depth. Now we have to let Hyman leave. The year before Kapanen and Johnsson via trade. Just good depth players flying out the door because nobody was selfless enough to give up a cent.

  5. #20
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    13,805
    Quote Originally Posted by KingerSox View Post
    If Nylander sat out for the season it would of gotten the message across. I mean is your point of view handing out blank cheque after blank cheque? Just letting those kids and their fathers push you around? There's just no money for the appropriate depth. Now we have to let Hyman leave. The year before Kapanen and Johnsson via trade. Just good depth players flying out the door because nobody was selfless enough to give up a cent.
    AgainÖ the only overpaid player on the roster currently is marner. And probably only by 1.5 mil if we are being generous.

    So you think that 1.5 mil would have fixed all our problems? Or let nylander miss a year of development so you can save an extra .5 mil?
    You think johnsson carries us past mtl?

    But fine. You wish dubas choked them out more. I donít agree, but I get it.
    My question is: anything else you havenít liked? If a 2mil difference in overall salary is the only black spot then I think that is stellar.

  6. #21
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Nova Scotia, Canada
    Posts
    13,299
    Quote Originally Posted by ChongInc. View Post
    AgainÖ the only overpaid player on the roster currently is marner. And probably only by 1.5 mil if we are being generous.

    So you think that 1.5 mil would have fixed all our problems? Or let nylander miss a year of development so you can save an extra .5 mil?
    You think johnsson carries us past mtl?

    But fine. You wish dubas choked them out more. I donít agree, but I get it.
    My question is: anything else you havenít liked? If a 2mil difference in overall salary is the only black spot then I think that is stellar.
    Wouldn't of fixed all the problems but it leaves you in a better place. Once you hold that line the first time the message trickles down. These weren't pending UFA's. There was leverage there. Say we did save 2 million.. then we still have Hyman. Maybe you save a quarter mill here, a quarter mill there going forward. It all helps you build more depth.

    Look if you think my rationale is silly, I understand. It's hard to judge context through typing. Dubas' has had alot of bright spots. Drafting Sandin and Robertson.(Sandin might be ready and let's hope Robertson is this year. Kinda need em to be) Trading for Muzzin and resigning him. TJ Brodie was a fantastic signing. Staying at the hospital with Mikheyev when his wrist got slashed and helping. There's no doubt that he's a good guy and has done some very good things. But getting the big 3 RFA's signed was the most important thing in a cap era. He did. But at a price I doubt many experienced GM would pay. If you gotta bridge a guy than do that.
    Last edited by KingerSox; 07-22-2021 at 03:38 PM.

  7. #22
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    13,805
    Quote Originally Posted by KingerSox View Post
    Wouldn't of fixed all the problems but it leaves you in a better place. Once you hold that line the first time the message trickles down. These weren't pending UFA's. There was leverage there. Say we did save 2 million.. then we still have Hyman. Maybe you save a quarter mill here, a quarter mill there going forward. It all helps you build more depth.

    Look if you think my rationale is silly, I understand. It's hard to judge context through typing. Dubas' has had alot of bright spots. Drafting Sandin and Robertson.(Sandin might be ready and let's hope Robertson is this year. Kinda need em to be) Trading for Muzzin and resigning him. TJ Brodie was a fantastic signing. Staying at the hospital with Mikheyev when his wrist got slashed and helping. There's no doubt that he's a good guy and has done some very good things. But getting the big 3 RFA's signed was the most important thing in a cap era. He did. But at a price I doubt many experienced GM would pay. If you gotta bridge a guy than do that.
    Well letís hope Marnerís deal looks better down the road. Too bad it was signed just before the pandemic too.

    After watching **** shows run this team for so long, the other areas where dubas is doing well and being aggressive have me satisfied with his performance.

  8. #23
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Nova Scotia, Canada
    Posts
    13,299
    Quote Originally Posted by ChongInc. View Post
    Well letís hope Marnerís deal looks better down the road. Too bad it was signed just before the pandemic too.

    After watching **** shows run this team for so long, the other areas where dubas is doing well and being aggressive have me satisfied with his performance.
    I'm rooting for him to succeed. He basically said he'll put his job on the line for believing in this core. Whether you like the guy or not, that's showing some stones.

    First round of the draft tonight too! No picks for the Leafs but there could be trades. ****ing loooove the draft! Too bad Jaysleafs98 left here. He was like an insider lol.

  9. #24
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    4,704
    Quote Originally Posted by ChongInc. View Post
    AgainÖ the only overpaid player on the roster currently is marner. And probably only by 1.5 mil if we are being generous.

    So you think that 1.5 mil would have fixed all our problems? Or let nylander miss a year of development so you can save an extra .5 mil?
    You think johnsson carries us past mtl?

    But fine. You wish dubas choked them out more. I donít agree, but I get it.
    My question is: anything else you havenít liked? If a 2mil difference in overall salary is the only black spot then I think that is stellar.
    I think Tavares is what started the over payment. That set the standard and we got sold on the home town discount. By year two Tavares was a shadow of what he did with the islanders. Iím not sure if your aware but since the Chicago blackhawks way back then signed there two star players to 10 mil each no nhl team has won the Stanley cup with two players or more making 10 million plus. We have three. The Nylander deal and matthews deals are by far the best. Tavares should have came with a 7/8 per and we would be sitting good. I think thatís were the deal fell apart and negotiations should have been your coming home but not at ten.

    Tavares 7
    Mitch 8
    Matthews 10
    Nylander 6/6.5


    Thatís how it should have went. Tavares set the stage for this because Mariners camp said no ****ing way he makes more then me.

  10. #25
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    4,704
    What is the current cap space we have?

    9.5?
    10.5?
    11?

  11. #26
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    4,704
    If the remaining cap is 9.5

    Iíd like to see this..

    Jayden Swartz 4x4=16 mil plus bonuses
    Saad. 3.5x4=14mil plus bonuses

    Back up goaltender 2x2


    Swartz Matthews Marner
    Saad Tavares Nylander
    Robertson Kerfoot Mikeyev
    Engvall Spezza Simmons


    Reilly Brodie
    Muzzin. Holl
    Sandin. Dermont
    Lilly


    Campbell
    ?

  12. #27
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Nova Scotia, Canada
    Posts
    13,299
    Leafs pick LW Matthew Knies from the Tri-City Storm of the USHL 57th overall. 17 goals, 25 assists in 44 games.

    He's actually over 6 feet tall...

  13. #28
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    13,805
    Quote Originally Posted by Glenfidish View Post
    I think Tavares is what started the over payment. That set the standard and we got sold on the home town discount. By year two Tavares was a shadow of what he did with the islanders. Iím not sure if your aware but since the Chicago blackhawks way back then signed there two star players to 10 mil each no nhl team has won the Stanley cup with two players or more making 10 million plus. We have three. The Nylander deal and matthews deals are by far the best. Tavares should have came with a 7/8 per and we would be sitting good. I think thatís were the deal fell apart and negotiations should have been your coming home but not at ten.

    Tavares 7
    Mitch 8
    Matthews 10
    Nylander 6/6.5


    Thatís how it should have went. Tavares set the stage for this because Mariners camp said no ****ing way he makes more then me.
    And those numbers all make sense in Florida. We are basically paying that much when you factor in the increased tax rate. I think that needs to be factored in in my opinion. Itís definitely a big part of my thought process.

  14. #29
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Toronto, Canada
    Posts
    4,607
    Tavares in the 3 seasons he's played with the Leafs has a higher ppg average than the previous 3 seasons with the Islanders while playing less minutes per game...
    Last edited by T.O. Fan; 07-25-2021 at 12:49 AM.

  15. #30
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    4,704
    Quote Originally Posted by ChongInc. View Post
    And those numbers all make sense in Florida. We are basically paying that much when you factor in the increased tax rate. I think that needs to be factored in in my opinion. Itís definitely a big part of my thought process.
    Ok ok, then listen to this, donít you think itís time across the league in all sports to factor in this issues with the Canadian teams ď ifĒ the tax implications is what is making players take us to the shed why doesnít the cap change for the Canadian teams?

    Letís say hypothetically speaking us teams 90 mill cap and Canadian teams 100 mill cap would make it a fair ball game?

    Quite honestly Iím getting ticked off with this Florida tax and yada yada nothing against you lol

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •