Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 13 of 16 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by ewing View Post
    Timely hooping
    IT did have that timely ďpassĒ to Bird.

Quote Originally Posted by Scoots View Post
    And a prick puncher. I remember a video from years ago where a guard being interviewed after playing CP3 and showed all the fingernail marks and scratches on his arms from CP3.
    From what Iíve heard, the fingernail thing is pretty common. The dick punching thing isnít, though. Paul, Batum, Doncic, maybe Iíve forgotten a fewÖ..

Why are perennial losers and chokers ranked over Isiah Thomas?

Quote Originally Posted by valade16 View Post
    IT did have that timely ďpassĒ to Bird.
    He had that and a lot of other memorable post season moments. Iíd wager he has 0 where the memory will be as soon forgotten as him spacing off ball the final 7 mins while his team gets eliminated

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by ewing; 07-24-2021 at 10:44 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    My dick is named 'Ewing'.

He had that and a lot of other memorable post season moments. Iíd wager he has 0 where the memory will be as soon forgotten as him spacing off ball the final 7 mins while his team gets eliminated
    Youíre right about that, no one will ever forget his pass to Bird.

What was his winshare?

Are you serious, bro?

I know IT would not have the bonehead turnover in Game 4 with roughly 30 seconds on the clock in a one-score games with Suns in possession. Chris Paul, the Ďsavvyí veteran completely screwed up, lost control of his dribble, and turned the ball over. Then in Game 5 committed an ill-advised foul on the legendary alley-oop hammer dunk from Giannis. These are the types of plays that a 'point god' is not supposed to make, but he makes them all the time, and this last series was standard operating procedure from him.

To me there's just no comparison between IT and CP3.

I donít think itís as simple as a player always being clutch or always shrinking in the moment. Isiah has had some insanely clutch performances (25 PTs in the 4th) and some insane meltdowns (Pass to Bird). CP3 has had several shrink moments and several clutch performances (game winner vs SA, etc.)

In fact, this article shows he has consistently led clutch teams throughout his career including being a leader scorer in the clutch:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/okcthun...ime-stats/amp/

I do think Isiah is more aggressive late in games and CP3 can be passive (as we saw), but for an entire game and for an entire career Chris Paul is more often more impactful.

What was his winshare?
    I donít care. But ringz! Am I right??

Chris Paul has become the first player in NBA history to lose not one, not two, not three, but FOUR series in which his team had a 2-0 lead.

I donít care. But ringz! Am I right??
    You care

You care
    Nah, not for a single game. Anyone who knows anything about stats would know youíd never use win shares for a single game. Which to be honest probably explains why you didnít know that.

I donít think itís as simple as a player always being clutch or always shrinking in the moment. Isiah has had some insanely clutch performances (25 PTs in the 4th) and some insane meltdowns (Pass to Bird). CP3 has had several shrink moments and several clutch performances (game winner vs SA, etc.)

In fact, this article shows he has consistently led clutch teams throughout his career including being a leader scorer in the clutch:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/okcthun...ime-stats/amp/

I do think Isiah is more aggressive late in games and CP3 can be passive (as we saw), but for an entire game and for an entire career Chris Paul is more often more impactful.
    I remember having the same debate with Chronz after his clippers got eliminated. Paul wasnít a bystander but he would endlessly probe in the screen roll instead of attacking or making the quick play in the 4th. It wasnít bystanding but Itís the same risk adverse style. I think Paul started pounding in one spot and over probing after leaving NO. To me itís almost like he is better with lesser offensive options around him.

I remember having the same debate with Chronz after his clippers got eliminated. Paul wasnít a bystander but he would endlessly probe in the screen roll instead of attacking or making the quick play in the 4th. It wasnít bystanding but Itís the same risk adverse style. I think Paul started pounding in one spot and over probing after leaving NO. To me itís almost like he is better with lesser offensive options around him.
    Yes he is a very risk averse PG, which boosts his efficiency while not necessarily being better for the team overall. Ben Taylor talks about this actually.

I think in LA is where Paul had a chance to establish his greatness and failed. Those team were well built and very talented. They just should have done better imo. Paul is definitely a reason for there success but I think if he upped the tempo those teams would have been better off. With the shooting, athletes, and his vision they should have flew up and down the floor imo but they didnít.

Last edited by ewing; 07-24-2021 at 01:24 PM.

Page 13 of 16 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast