Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 14 of 16 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by smith&wesson View Post
    Thomas can say heís beat Jordan, Magic, and Bird. Who else can say that?

Isiah Thomas is the 2nd best pg of all time imo.
    here's the quick and easy way for someone to tell me that they're not actually familiar with Isiah Thomas's career. Magic was injured in the '89 finals and barely played. Bird didn't play at all in their '89 series. At that point those Bulls teams were still just purely Jordan carries as opposed to actually being competent, functional teams. Not to mention Pippen's migraine saga.

To me Isiah Thomas is an all time point guard but not the best of the best. He was fortunate enough to be able to volume score without worrying about his massive inefficiency or turnover rate because he had some historic defenses behind him. He doesn't really stack up to Magic, Steph, West, Oscar Nash, CP3, or Frazier in terms of overall impact throughout his peak, and doesn't even come close to the longevity Stockton has, so I have him around the 9 or 10 spot all time wise.

Quote Originally Posted by ewing View Post
    I think in LA is where Paul has a chance to establish his greatness and failed. Those team were well built and very talented. They just should have done better imo. Paul is definitely a reason for there success but I think if he upped the tempo those teams would have been better off. With the shooting, athletes, and his vision they should have flew up and down the floor imo but they didnít.
    They definitely should have done better than they did. Paul seems more like a floor raiser than a true ceiling raiser. The teams he has where everyone says he should do well he underachieved and every team he had where people said they wouldnít do much they over achieved.

I mean itís sort of a measure of the narratives when we are talking about CP3ís performance in a finals that preseason nobody thought theyíd even make.

Quote Originally Posted by valade16 View Post
    I donít care. But ringz! Am I right??
    Even if the runs didn't result in a title, nobody has choked harder than Paul.

Why are perennial losers and chokers ranked over Isiah Thomas?

They definitely should have done better than they did. Paul seems more like a floor raiser than a true ceiling raiser. The teams he has where everyone says he should do well he underachieved and every team he had where people said they wouldnít do much they over achieved.

I mean itís sort of a measure of the narratives when we are talking about CP3ís performance in a finals that preseason nobody thought theyíd even make.
    Thatís totally fair. I think in LA his ultra efficient slower style prevented that team from having a GS type offense where you thought you were playing well and then 2 mins later you were down 18 and never recovered. They had great burst offense potential that I donít think was capitalized on enough.
    The same more efficient style without great highs probably makes a lesser team better

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by ewing; 07-24-2021 at 01:48 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    My dick is named 'Ewing'.

Quote Originally Posted by beasted86 View Post
    Chris Paul has become the first player in NBA history to lose not one, not two, not three, but FOUR series in which his team had a 2-0 lead.
    So nobodies been good enough to go up 2-0 as often as he has?
    Random Highlight of the Month: * RARE - Zo DUNKS on Shaq *

Quote Originally Posted by Chronz View Post
    Nobody cares how you start.

Not at the season level, not the series level, not the game level, not the quarter level.

Quote Originally Posted by beasted86 View Post
    Nobody cares how you start.

Not at the season level, not the series level, not the game level, not the quarter level.
    so then whats the point of your stat. if a loss is a loss then why does it matter?

Thatís not what that means

Why are perennial losers and chokers ranked over Isiah Thomas?

so then whats the point of your stat. if a loss is a loss then why does it matter?
    I think he is saying Paul gets close then loses bc he is a choke artist. Is that what you mean?

Last edited by ewing; 07-24-2021 at 03:27 PM.

I think he is saying Paul gets close then loses bc he is a choke artist. Is that what you mean?

So its better to lose without getting close?

Thatís not what that means

Yes it does. All those other losers lost without going up 2-0

So its better to lose without getting close?

Yes it does. All those other losers lost without going up 2-0
    A) no but if you consistently get close then lose you might be a choke artist

B) most of the time the team that goes up 2-0 wins. Other players have probably gone up 2-0 more then him they just won.

B) most of the time the team that goes up 2-0 wins. Other players have probably gone up 2-0 more then him they just won.
    Was gonna say all sweeps after the 7 game series format the winning team went up 2-0

Would you rather be a "choke artist" or someone who loses in worse fashion than said choke artist?

Compelling statistical analysis. Other players have also lost more than him without getting as close to victory. Cool story.

Was gonna say all sweeps after the 7 game series format the winning team went up 2-0
    Id venture to guess they also go up 3-0.

And Im pretty sure CP3 has more 3-1 losses than anyone too, what a remarkable talent.

Id venture to guess they also go up 3-0.

And Im pretty sure CP3 has more 3-1 losses than anyone too, what a remarkable talent.
    I think itís a little ridiculous to use his teamís record as if he is solely responsible. Did his play contribute to those losses? Absolutely, but itís not like it was all his fault. Take Game 6 for example. I know we can play the what if game but the other starters went a combined 19/52 including 2/17 from 3. Itís not like CP3 was the only one who played bad, in fact he played the best of any of the starters that game. But people are acting like heís the reason they lost.

Page 14 of 16 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 LastLast