Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast
Results 121 to 135 of 178
  1. #121
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    41,291
    Quote Originally Posted by Brewersfan255 View Post
    I mean if this was on the other shoe you would consider that an insult and they would be banned


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    He asked a hypothetical question, and I was answering it with another hypothetical.


    "`Can you explain this gap in your resume?`

    `Well, the vaccinated hosts on the news channel I like convinced me to resign to protest my work's vaccine mandate and take a few years off to help extend the pandemic”" - @LOLGOP

  2. #122
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    41,291
    Quote Originally Posted by ewing View Post
    other foot


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk


    "`Can you explain this gap in your resume?`

    `Well, the vaccinated hosts on the news channel I like convinced me to resign to protest my work's vaccine mandate and take a few years off to help extend the pandemic”" - @LOLGOP

  3. #123
    Join Date
    Dec 2017
    Posts
    2,497
    I don't really disagree with Maher here, but every time he talks about SJW's or whatever I just can't help but remember how sensitive he got when Katie Porter made a joke about his statements on abortion.

    He's the typical "the jokes funny till it's about me" type and that's why his standup comedy sucks because he's not aware of his own faults, and can't laugh at himself.

  4. #124
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Brooklyn
    Posts
    43,086
    Quote Originally Posted by natepro View Post
    Well, that's my point though. The last time an independent made a true dent in a Presidential election was Teddy Roosevelt, and he still ended up handing victory to the people that were further away from his positions. And this is after he was already a popular President.

    Elections are a zero sum game. There's no prize for finishing second, you just go home with no power like the guy that finished third and the woman that finished fifth. Until that isn't the case, there is no good argument for voting third party in any kind of remotely close election.
    That isn't supposed to be the case in a 2 party system of equal power. Sure the winning side has more influence but how often does one party control all 3 branches of government? Almost never. This is the same reason why Democrats and Republicans are always compromising and never accomplishing much. The filibuster or the threat of one cuts the balls off almost everything.

    I get your point but the lack of any threat to the system is why so little is done. That's a good reason to why extremists are starting to gain ground in each major party. Its easier to adopt 3rd party principles and keep them under the umbrella of major party ideology. Therefore when those things become more relevant those bases are already covered.

    I still want to see independent parties gain more ground. I understand its antithetical because giving them power makes them part of the system but what we are doing now is not working.

  5. #125
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    41,291
    Quote Originally Posted by MRSpock View Post
    I don't really disagree with Maher here, but every time he talks about SJW's or whatever I just can't help but remember how sensitive he got when Katie Porter made a joke about his statements on abortion.

    He's the typical "the jokes funny till it's about me" type and that's why his standup comedy sucks because he's not aware of his own faults, and can't laugh at himself.
    Somewhere along the way, he forgot that the smug guy is supposed to be a character.


    "`Can you explain this gap in your resume?`

    `Well, the vaccinated hosts on the news channel I like convinced me to resign to protest my work's vaccine mandate and take a few years off to help extend the pandemic”" - @LOLGOP

  6. #126
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Hell on Earth- Missouri
    Posts
    17,638
    Quote Originally Posted by metswon69 View Post
    Thanks for the laugh
    Says a lot about the both of you. Judging intelligence on ones desire to talk **** about Trump.

    Lost souls.

  7. #127
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Brooklyn
    Posts
    43,086
    Quote Originally Posted by dbroncsinmo View Post
    Says a lot about the both of you. Judging intelligence on ones desire to talk **** about Trump.

    Lost souls.
    Nate has been here a long time and i've seen enough of your posts to know that this isn't specifically about whether or not someone wants to talk about Trump.

    Hey while you're here you should call out Dbroncs some more.
    Last edited by metswon69; 07-18-2021 at 01:52 AM.

  8. #128
    Join Date
    Dec 2017
    Posts
    2,497
    Quote Originally Posted by natepro View Post
    Somewhere along the way, he forgot that the smug guy is supposed to be a character.
    Oh it's never been an act.

  9. #129
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    41,291
    Quote Originally Posted by dbroncsinmo View Post
    Says a lot about the both of you. Judging intelligence on ones desire to talk **** about Trump.

    Lost souls.
    Oh no, not my soul!


    "`Can you explain this gap in your resume?`

    `Well, the vaccinated hosts on the news channel I like convinced me to resign to protest my work's vaccine mandate and take a few years off to help extend the pandemic”" - @LOLGOP

  10. #130
    Join Date
    Dec 2017
    Posts
    2,497
    Quote Originally Posted by dbroncsinmo View Post
    Says a lot about the both of you. Judging intelligence on ones desire to talk **** about Trump.

    Lost souls.
    He didn't really say that, a secret MOD came in and changed his post clearly.

    I judge intelligence based on how many conspiracies someone needs to create in order to validate their existence.

  11. 07-18-2021, 01:55 AM
    Reason
    Insults/replies

  12. #131
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Hell on Earth- Missouri
    Posts
    17,638
    Quote Originally Posted by natepro View Post
    Oh no, not my soul!
    tRuMp

  13. #132
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    41,291
    Quote Originally Posted by dbroncsinmo View Post
    tRuMp
    I know, I'm baffled that people would talk about the previous President too. It's not like you ever heard Trump talk about Obama. Or Hillary.


    "`Can you explain this gap in your resume?`

    `Well, the vaccinated hosts on the news channel I like convinced me to resign to protest my work's vaccine mandate and take a few years off to help extend the pandemic”" - @LOLGOP

  14. 07-18-2021, 01:58 AM
    Reason
    Insults/replies

  15. #133
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Hell on Earth- Missouri
    Posts
    17,638
    Quote Originally Posted by metswon69 View Post
    I know. Why contribute anything when you can constantly insult people instead? I wasn't only talking about Trump. I was talking about why Trump won in 2016, why Republicans/Democrats need to find better candidates, and why the 2 party system is broken. I know its difficult for you to follow along though because all you seem to know how to do is hurl **** around at other posters.
    After 5 years, it's easy to learn what a cesspool this place is. Any true conversation from a republican symply gets met with being called a racist, an idiot or trump cultist. No thanks man. All I have left is calling out the BS y'all post in this cesspool. As long as you do it. I will be calling your *** out.

  16. 07-18-2021, 02:09 AM

  17. #134
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Brooklyn
    Posts
    43,086
    Quote Originally Posted by dbroncsinmo View Post
    After 5 years, it's easy to learn what a cesspool this place is. Any true conversation from a republican symply gets met with being called a racist, an idiot or trump cultist. No thanks man. All I have left is calling out the BS y'all post in this cesspool. As long as you do it. I will be calling your *** out.
    You're the one who decides to bring nothing to the table besides insults. I dont think i've seen you post anything else besides in the time that i've posted in this forum. What exactly are you hoping for in return? Reaffirming posts telling you how special you are for doing so?

    Its not even just about politics. I've seen you call out Dbroncs in the off topic thread on advice to give a kid going off to college. Nevermind the times you do it in almost every political thread. Its almost a motif at this point.

  18. #135
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    12,762
    Quote Originally Posted by dbroncsinmo View Post
    After 5 years, it's easy to learn what a cesspool this place is. Any true conversation from a republican symply gets met with being called a racist, an idiot or trump cultist. No thanks man. All I have left is calling out the BS y'all post in this cesspool. As long as you do it. I will be calling your *** out.
    Of course the reason you act this way is everyone else makes fun of or calls out republicans/your team. It couldn't be at all related to your own decisions time and time again on how you want to post on here.

Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •