Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 1 of 12 12311 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 178
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    7,737

    Bill Maher: Progressophobia

    Think we all on here need to see/watch this

    https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=fB9KVYAdYwg

    Hes spot on


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    7,737
    Interesting that no one has any comments about the video


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    2,637
    Quote Originally Posted by Brewersfan255 View Post
    Interesting that no one has any comments about the video


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I thought his "well things were worse before so we need to stop worrying about things that are still bad" was one of his more entertaining bad faith arguments.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    America
    Posts
    100,755
    Quote Originally Posted by browski234 View Post
    I thought his "well things were worse before so we need to stop worrying about things that are still bad" was one of his more entertaining bad faith arguments.
    Especially when the other side is making their main argument that we need to go back to the way things were. Bill Maher is probably still bitter he got blowback from saying the n-word and thought he deserved a pass.
    Let's get embedded tweets working again!

    https://forums.prosportsdaily.com/sh...5#post33780085

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    40,512
    Bill Maher is a misogynistic, racist, transphobic, and still traffics in anti-vaxx hysteria.

    There is zero reason to pay attention to a single word Bill Maher has to say.


    "The thing we may have to accept is that red states really like this pandemic and want to keep it." - @LOLGOP

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    7,737
    Quote Originally Posted by browski234 View Post
    I thought his "well things were worse before so we need to stop worrying about things that are still bad" was one of his more entertaining bad faith arguments.
    He never once said we need to stop worrying about it he said that more work needs to be done on racism etc. Basically saying that its ok to admit that theres progress being made on these issues and not acting like its the end of the world


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  7. 07-17-2021, 06:03 AM
    Reason
    Not needed

  8. #7
    Join Date
    Dec 2018
    Posts
    5,194
    Quote Originally Posted by browski234 View Post
    I thought his "well things were worse before so we need to stop worrying about things that are still bad" was one of his more entertaining bad faith arguments.
    That's a bad faith take on his argument.

    He's saying that it's ok to look at societal changes and acknowledge we've come very far, which activists are alergic to doing.
    He also acknowledges some things are significantly worse, such as the environment.

  9. #8
    Join Date
    Dec 2018
    Posts
    5,194
    Quote Originally Posted by natepro View Post
    Bill Maher is a misogynistic, racist, transphobic, and still traffics in anti-vaxx hysteria.

    There is zero reason to pay attention to a single word Bill Maher has to say.
    The thing I've always most admired about the left is the rational way they bring out every *ism* in the book to smear their own side...and everyone else.

  10. #9
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    40,512
    Quote Originally Posted by ciaban2.0 View Post
    The thing I've always most admired about the left is the rational way they bring out every *ism* in the book to smear their own side...and everyone else.
    I only "brought out the isms" that apply to him. I prefer not to give attention to people that like to attack vulnerable communities. You, I guess, go a different way.


    "The thing we may have to accept is that red states really like this pandemic and want to keep it." - @LOLGOP

  11. #10
    Join Date
    Dec 2018
    Posts
    5,194
    Quote Originally Posted by natepro View Post
    I only "brought out the isms" that apply to him. I prefer not to give attention to people that like to attack vulnerable communities. You, I guess, go a different way.
    Attack vulnerable communities?

    The best part about being a progressive is the moral grandstanding that you get to do against strangers instead of developing a personality. I've always been jealous of that.

  12. #11
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    40,512
    Quote Originally Posted by ciaban2.0 View Post
    Attack vulnerable communities?

    The best part about being a progressive is the moral grandstanding that you get to do against strangers instead of developing a personality. I've always been jealous of that.


    The best part about group is random generalization. Super funny closer.


    Guess I won that debate, what should we talk about now?


    "The thing we may have to accept is that red states really like this pandemic and want to keep it." - @LOLGOP

  13. #12
    Join Date
    Dec 2018
    Posts
    5,194
    Quote Originally Posted by natepro View Post


    The best part about group is random generalization. Super funny closer.


    Guess I won that debate, what should we talk about now?
    Won a debate about what? That you do not like Bill Maher. Or that you are being smug and stuck up? Because I fully believe both your points that you don't like Bill Maher, and your Smug and Stuck Up. I wasn't disagreeing with either point.

  14. #13
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    parts unknown
    Posts
    61,136
    Quote Originally Posted by ciaban2.0 View Post
    Won a debate about what? That you do not like Bill Maher. Or that you are being smug and stuck up? Because I fully believe both your points that you don't like Bill Maher, and your Smug and Stuck Up. I wasn't disagreeing with either point.
    you OLNY communicated the second
    part. Two to one. He wins


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Rep Power: 0




    Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    My dick is named 'Ewing'.

  15. #14
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Flock of Sheep No.97 near BAAA BAA lane
    Posts
    15,846
    Yeah, Yeah, and some whites told MLK to calm down appreciate the advancement blacks have made. They are free, now. Many whites then, thought he was hurting his cause by sit-in, marches and demonstrations.

    Much like now with the BLM. Y'all playing the same script that racist played in the sixties. Downplaying the issues.
    There are three kinds of men. The one that learns by reading. The few who learn by observation. The rest of them have to pee on the electric fence for themselves.

    Will Rogers

  16. #15
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Flock of Sheep No.97 near BAAA BAA lane
    Posts
    15,846
    With all the real problems this nation has, y'all want to play cultural war with trying to own the libs. Silly people.
    There are three kinds of men. The one that learns by reading. The few who learn by observation. The rest of them have to pee on the electric fence for themselves.

    Will Rogers

Page 1 of 12 12311 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •