Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Thread: Post season ?

Post season ?

Do the Yankees make the post season? If so how and why, if not why not? At this juncture how do the PSD faithful feel about their chances? Please feel free to elaborate.

Imo it's an uphill battle, however one I believe they win. If Kluber and Sevy came back sooner the task would be less arduous. The issue imo, emerge when they face consistent post season rotations. The more quality the rotation the more trouble the free swinging line up encounters. Conversely, with all that power they are never really out of any game. Good pitching does generally neutralize the power bats, but not always.

We have witnessed the struggle this season. Poor managing, inconsistent pitching and sudden power outage coupled with Booneheaded play on base paths and an inability to score RISP have plagued this team all season. Will they right the ship in the second half? I believe there is still ample time, but the clock is ticking.

I think the Indians and the Mariners are sellers and will drop out of contention at some point. The Yankees will have to beat out 2 of the As and the 3 teams in their division. It's not impossible, especially if the Yankees prove to have more arms coming up from the minors and off injury and the other teams pitchers fall off a bit due to the extended workload over last year.

Somewhere within the transmutation of Yin and Yang
    I am going to say they won't pull it off but with that said, I wouldn't be slightly surprised if they did

I give it a 53-47 split that they don't

I think they have proven to be a mediocre team with a mediocre manager.
    I wouldn't take much to get them going one direction or the other.
    Last edited by Kinkotheclown; 07-16-2021 at 05:59 PM.

Ignorance is bliss

In the next 10 or 11 days the yankees could well be 10 games or more down in the wild card race.

With this Covid outbreak and playing our most important stretch of the yr has taken our playoffs chances from slim to about none, IMO.

Barring a miracle, by the time everyone gets back, we'll be so far back we won't have a chance

They should be preparing to sell what they can and start looking towards next yr.

Instead i think Cashman is going to use our sudden prospect depth to trade for a big hitter like Gallo, probably sooner rather than later. Most of the time Cashman wouldn't trade his prospects at this point but to save Boones job watch him trade the best on the farm

Somewhere within the transmutation of Yin and Yang
    Quote Originally Posted by dayners81 View Post
    With this Covid outbreak and playing our most important stretch of the yr has taken our playoffs chances from slim to about none, IMO.

Barring a miracle, by the time everyone gets back, we'll be so far back we won't have a chance

They should be preparing to sell what they can and start looking towards next yr.

Instead i think Cashman is going to use our sudden prospect depth to trade for a big hitter like Gallo, probably sooner rather than later. Most of the time Cashman wouldn't trade his prospects at this point but to save Boones job watch him trade the best on the farm

This is my fear as well. To save his system, he will do something rash.

The bottom line is Hal sucks worse than either Cashman or Boone. He is in charge and too scared, stupid or both to see a change is needed.

Ignorance is bliss

Quote Originally Posted by dayners81 View Post

yanks have won 2 of the last 4 games simple because of the greatness of cole..