Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 15 12311 ... LastLast

Boston Red Sox @ NY Yankees July 15-18

The Boston Red Sox and the New York Yankees meet Thursday in MLB action from Yankee Stadium. The Yankees are coming off a series versus the Astros last weekend. New York won the first two games but fell in a tough game three Sunday. As for the Red Sox, they played the Phillies in their last set. Boston won Friday but lost the other two games. Check back all season long for free MLB picks at Sports Chat Place.

Boston managed a nice 11-5 victory over the Phillies last Friday, but then took a blowout loss 11-2 in the Saturday game two. The Sox lost the Sunday rubber match as well, this time 5-4. Boston’s Nick Pivetta went 4.0 innings with four earned on four hits and two walks in that one.

For the starter job in the Thursday opener versus the Yankees, the Sox will go with Eduardo Rodriguez. This year over his 89.2 innings Rodriguez has 102 hits, 57 runs (55 earned), 14 homers allowed, 21 walks, 104 Ks and a 5.52 ERA.

Over on the Yankees’ side, they took care of the Astros 4-0 Friday and 1-0 in the Saturday game two. New York had a 7-2 lead heading into the bottom of the ninth, but coughed up six runs in that half-frame for an 8-7 defeat. Chad Green gave up four earned himself on four hits in 0.1 innings.

For the starter job in the Thursday game the Yankees are slow in announcing a name, but it’s looking like we’ll see Jordan Montgomery here. Montgomery is 3-4 with a 4.16 ERA, 28 walks and 95 Ks so far.

The Red Sox are 6-1 in their last seven Thursday games and 21-7 in their last 28 versus the AL East. Boston is 6-2 in their last eight versus a team with a winning record and 1-4 in their last five overall.

Meanwhile, the Yankees are 5-2 in their last seven overall and 3-7 in their last 10 versus the AL East. New York is 4-10 in their last 14 in game one of a series and 6-2 in their last eight versus a lefty starter.

Rodriguez got into a little trouble in his last start July 7 versus the Angels with four earned on nine hits and two homers in 5.0 innings. In his two starts prior to that however, Rodriguez had 12.0 innings with two earned on six hits. One of those starts was versus the Yankees as well. The Sox managed a sweep the last time these teams met up in late June.

Yankee fans should be concerned with the consecutive starts of TBD, there is a distinct possibility his arm could fall off. But....Boone is a risk taker and knows how to manage a BP.

Thu, Jul 15 • 7:08 PM EDT

Eduardo Rodriguez
    LHP
    6-5, 5.52 ERA, 104 SO

TBD

Fri, Jul 16 • 7:05 PM EDT

Martin Perez
    LHP
    7-5, 4.04 ERA, 69 SO

TBD

Sat, Jul 17 • 7:15 PM EDT

Nathan Eovaldi
    RHP
    9-5, 3.66 ERA, 99 SO

TBD

Sun, Jul 18 • 7:08 PM EDT

Nick Pivetta
    RHP
    7-3, 4.09 ERA, 109 SO

TBD
    Last edited by drt1010; 07-15-2021 at 07:52 AM.

Our entire season rests on the performance of TBD.

Quote Originally Posted by johnnyi View Post
    Our entire season rests on the performance of TBD.
    Yep. Can you believe it ?

Have faith PSD brethren, Boone will figure it out.

Somewhere within the transmutation of Yin and Yang
    WTF?
    Cole
    German
    Tallion
    Monty

This isn't that tough.

Ignorance is bliss

Quote Originally Posted by Kinkotheclown View Post
    WTF?
    Cole
    German
    Tallion
    Monty

This isn't that tough.
    Ah! You think it's that simple? It takes time. Hours upon hours of analysis. Specific algorithms taking into account a myriad of variables, including air temp, wind velocity, sun position, humidity to name just a few. Opposing batters is a 16 hr ordeal in itself.

I was able to get a sneak peek, I have several sauces. Looks like:

Monty
    Cole
    German
    Tallion

Quote Originally Posted by drt1010 View Post
    Ah! You think it's that simple? It takes time. Hours upon hours of analysis. Specific algorithms taking into account a myriad of variables, including air temp, wind velocity, sun position, humidity to name just a few. Opposing batters is a 16 hr ordeal in itself.

I was able to get a sneak peek, I have several sauces. Looks like:

Monty
    Cole
    German
    Tallion
    That makes zero sense to me.
    Pitch Cole. You need to start with a win. He gives you the best chance.
    The next game is a toss up.
    Eovaldi is hot and cold against the Yankees. He's due for a crappy start and being their defacto Ace, I like the idea of Tallion going against him

I really s silly. You want to come out of the gate fast and you pitch Monty? I'm not saying I don't trust him or that he can't get a W but why the hell are you paying Cole?

Ignorance is bliss

Clown, surely I jest.

Quote Originally Posted by drt1010 View Post
    Clown, surely I jest.
    Lol.

So now inside scoop?

Well played

No fury so great as a clown scorned by his favorite team

Ignorance is bliss

Lol.

So now inside scoop?

Well played

No fury so great as a clown scorned by his favorite team
    The reason I believe they don't start Cole, after the 129 pitch gem they may want to give him an extra days rest.

My sauce, Philly Marinara confirmed.

Yankees just called up Amburgey

Yankees just called up Amburgey

According to the Yankees website, German is starting. You all know nothing. :}
    The REAL DEAL Yankee fan

That makes zero sense to me.
    Pitch Cole. You need to start with a win. He gives you the best chance.
    The next game is a toss up.
    Eovaldi is hot and cold against the Yankees. He's due for a crappy start and being their defacto Ace, I like the idea of Tallion going against him

I really s silly. You want to come out of the gate fast and you pitch Monty? I'm not saying I don't trust him or that he can't get a W but why the hell are you paying Cole?
    eovaldi has dominated the yanks since he has been a redsox starter and he just toyed with the yanks last time these two teams met at fenway pitching a shutout into the 8th inning less than 3 weeks ago...

Quote Originally Posted by YANKSGUY View Post
    According to the Yankees website, German is starting. You all know nothing. :}
    Amburgey is an OF. Britton is also returning from the IL and 2 pitchers went on the COVID list.

Amburgey is an OF. Britton is also returning from the IL and 2 pitchers went on the COVID list.
    What does any of that have to do with German pitching?
    The REAL DEAL Yankee fan

Quote Originally Posted by johnny ny View Post
    eovaldi has dominated the yanks since he has been a redsox starter and he just toyed with the yanks last time these two teams met at fenway pitching a shutout into the 8th inning less than 3 weeks ago...
    Like, last year he gave up 8 runs to them in one game and then 2 runs in 3 innings of relief. He did not dominate them last year. either that or your definition of dominate is vastly different from anyone else's.
    That wouldn't surprise me
    He has been very good this year. That doesn't mean they can't hit him

Ignorance is bliss

Page 1 of 15 12311 ... LastLast