Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 14 of 15 FirstFirst ... 412131415 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Kinkotheclown View Post
    Nah. They needed to go 9-7 at worst to stay in contention. 2-1 is a good start. Split with Phillie. Split with the sox. Win the series with the rays and Marlins and they are right there.
    yanks are not splitting in boston this week i will take a win.. even when the yanks were healthy boston is a nightmare for the yanks to play in..

Quote Originally Posted by johnny ny View Post
    i agree 100% with arod gallo is also a very low career average hitter i think 213..

Why are so many people wanting this guy? Other than home runs, he's horrid. He's in his 7th year and has a .213 lifetime BA. Do you really want this guy? I don't.
    The REAL DEAL Yankee fan

Quote Originally Posted by rrzubnyy View Post
    I had the feeling we would pull thst out!

Of course you did. LMAO!!!!
    The REAL DEAL Yankee fan

so you have faith this current yankee lineup will go to fenway this week and win the series vs the redsox.. i don't

Yes, I do. Unlike you that didn't think they would beat Houston or Boston. How'd that work out Mr. negative? You're a horrible fan, and the sad part is you can't even see it.
    The REAL DEAL Yankee fan

Somewhere within the transmutation of Yin and Yang
    yanks are not splitting in boston this week i will take a win.. even when the yanks were healthy boston is a nightmare for the yanks to play in..
    (They took 2 of 3 which means even if they played on Thursday, they would have split)

so you actually think this covid yankee team has a chance vs the redsox who have clearly showed by their 7-0 record..they are superior in every way vs the yanks...
    (See above)

eovaldi has dominated the yanks since he has been a redsox starter and he just toyed with the yanks last time these two teams met at fenway pitching a shutout into the 8th inning less than 3 weeks ago....
    You clearly didn't take the hint to research. As I stated, Eovaldi was not good vas the Yankees in 2020. He had one good start and one terrible one. This year he has had a great one, a good one and even the loss was solid. He is not dominant.

he has had a couple of bad starts vs the yanks but many dominate starts vs the yankees including 3 weeks ago... to say he is hot and cold vs the yankees is completely untrue.
    See above

So in summary,
    Houston was going to sweep the yankees
    Then there was no way the yankees could split with the Sox
    Eovaldi was going to win Bec sue he's dominant

How many times can someone be wrong in a week? With you posting, I am afraid to bet because the number may go way higher than we imagined.

Ignorance is bliss

Quote Originally Posted by YANKSGUY View Post
    Why are so many people wanting this guy? Other than home runs, he's horrid. He's in his 7th year and has a .213 lifetime BA. Do you really want this guy? I don't.
    He would be an abysmal choice which is why cashman will sell the farm for him.
    He will lose all hitting ability, of which there is very little, as he goes crazy for the short porch.
    If he becomes a Yankee, I predict his K rate goes from right around 1 out of 3 plate appearances. (My lord, plate appearances, not even ABs) to 1 out of every 2.5 PAs.
    The lineup will then. be
    DJ
    Judge
    Gallo
    Stanton
    Torres
    Sanchez

Ignorance is bliss

Sorry Doc, I am a bit confused by this.
    I am bummed Locastro is gone because he was a gritty, speedster who played great D. I didn't bash Cashman for that.
    I did for Stanton.

Edit- Ahhh. I read it wrong.

Yes, I do lament him over Stanton because he shows effort and contributes however he can. Was he a team changing pickup? Meh.
    Did he ruin the team? No
    Stanton ruined this team. Cashman got him for his metrics and as Mush said, a knee jerk to losing Otani

Stanton is a horrible contract and choice
    Opinions are like another part of our anatomy, we all have one.

We can agree to disagree. I don't love the guy, nor do I feel it was the wisest decision, but I feel there is more than enough blame to go around.

Quote Originally Posted by drt1010 View Post

We can agree to disagree. I don't love the guy, nor do I feel it was the wisest decision, but I feel there is more than enough blame to go around.
    I am extremely confused.
    I'm not being contentious. I am just confused. It seemed like you kind of ripped us one for killing Cashman for the Stanton trade and for Stanton's piss poor showing.
    But We can agree to disagree but you agree to an extent about Stanton?
    To be clear, he isn't the only issue with this team but I feel he exemplifies the issues.
    Every time I see him play, I think, "my lord, 7 more years of this".

That is also why I feel so strongly that this team needs some good lefty bats to hit between him and judge and after him.

Ignorance is bliss

Quote Originally Posted by drt1010 View Post

I get what Clown is saying, it is relative to expectations. I feel at this point they should put Stanton in the OFer and run at 100% and stop trying to protect him from injury so much. Like I said before, it made sense if he was hitting at an MVP level to try to protect his health to keep him in the lineup. But with him being merely an above average type hitter there is no reason to protect him so much.

Quote Originally Posted by EAGLES3658 View Post
    I get what Clown is saying, it is relative to expectations. I feel at this point they should put Stanton in the OFer and run at 100% and stop trying to protect him from injury so much. Like I said before, it made sense if he was hitting at an MVP level to try to protect his health to keep him in the lineup. But with him being merely an above average type hitter there is no reason to protect him so much.
    That seems a no brainer now. Especially playing Phillie, no judge, no DH.
    Play him and live with the consequences. I was actually impressed last night that he beat out a DP. He smelled an RBI and actually busted it and didn't break

Ignorance is bliss

That seems a no brainer now. Especially playing Phillie, no judge, no DH.
    Play him and live with the consequences. I was actually impressed last night that he beat out a DP. He smelled an RBI and actually busted it and didn't break
    Reminds me of the Eagles situation with Carson Wentz. They didn't want him to run or take contact and they wanted him to slide to protect his health. Well, when he started playing poorly, protecting his health was no longer a concern so everyone wanted to see him going back to being aggressive. Time for that with Stanton as well.

I agree, at this point, what does it really matter anymore.

There is also something to be said for a guy of Stanton's renown, busting his arse and playing full tilt.
    If a guy like he does it and Judge when he gets back, it brings a different energy.
    Stanton is a decent fielder and he has decent wheels. He's not a slug when he actually runs. He can get from 1rst to 3rd.

I'm sure players have people everywhere telling them what reporter/announcer said what.
    I wonder if Stanton ever hears how Remy and Eck make fun of him. If he wants a fire lit, he should put it on repeat.

Ignorance is bliss

Precisely.

I am extremely confused.
    I'm not being contentious. I am just confused. It seemed like you kind of ripped us one for killing Cashman for the Stanton trade and for Stanton's piss poor showing.
    But We can agree to disagree but you agree to an extent about Stanton?
    To be clear, he isn't the only issue with this team but I feel he exemplifies the issues.
    Every time I see him play, I think, "my lord, 7 more years of this".

That is also why I feel so strongly that this team needs some good lefty bats to hit between him and judge and after him.
    Clown, I wasn't suggesting contention and by no means am I defending Cashman. He thought he was getting the NL MVP. I don't understand the attempt at protecting him via all the pampering and special treatment. I agree with Eagle, let him play. Put him in the OF, have him go full tilt. As I have said several times, when he arrived from Miami he was a good OFer who played 158 games with a cannon for an arm. What happened?

I think where we disagree is where the responsibility lies. You tend to rip Stanton for his lazy ***, I think the FO is more the culprit protecting their investment. Except for the pitch to the face Stanton did not have an injury history prior to arriving in the Bronx. I don't love the guy by any means. He K's too often on a team that K's too often. He is not as selective as we would like. He's a power bat on a team with too many. I get it. I realize there are short comings. I also realize he has carried the team for prolonged stretches and is capable of doing it again. He is a threat in any lineup. He can intimidate a pitcher. His power is unparalleled.

Page 14 of 15 FirstFirst ... 412131415 LastLast