Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 7 of 17 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by valade16 View Post
    Can you show me a copy of these emails, I haven't seen that.
    They were released via foia request.
    https://www.documentcloud.org/docume...y-fauci-emails

I get what you're saying and agree with your skepticism. But it's not like who the people they choose to trust in lieu of Facebook or politicians are any more reputable.
    I agree, you have to weigh what their saying and be skeptical of everyone.

Quote Originally Posted by ciaban2.0 View Post
    They were released via foia request.
    https://www.documentcloud.org/docume...y-fauci-emails
    I read articles on the broad strokes of his emails, but I haven't read anything nor seen any emails of his that showed the CDC lied about the efficacy of masks. Do you know what page those emails are on? The link is literally thousands of pages long...

I agree, you have to weigh what their saying and be skeptical of everyone.
    One thing we've learned from covid is people are terrible at weighing the veracity of people and their claims.

Who gets to decide what is *misinformation* before the election we were told that any story about ongoing cases against Hinter Biden was TEXTBOOK Russian misinformation. How did that turn out.

This is the problem, I think misinformation is bad, but I don't have enough answers to say definetivly what is and isn't misinformation. Look at how consistently wrong the media and govt have been through out the pandemic.
    Telling people not to get vaccinated is dangerous misinformation. If you can't pick that up yourself, I don't know what to tell you. The scientific evidence of what the vaccine does overwhelmingly shows that you are safer when vaccinated against COVID then if you're not, specifically when unvaccinated people are accounting for 99% of the hospitalizations and deaths.

I read articles on the broad strokes of his emails, but I haven't read anything nor seen any emails of his that showed the CDC lied about the efficacy of masks. Do you know what page those emails are on? The link is literally thousands of pages long...
    I can't remember the exact page, but your right, it's like 1000+ pages. Give me a minute.

Here is a write-up from the BBC.
    https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-57336280
    Last edited by ciaban2.0; 07-19-2021 at 11:11 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by metswon69 View Post
    Telling people not to get vaccinated is dangerous misinformation. If you can't pick that up yourself, I don't know what to tell you. The scientific evidence of what the vaccine does overwhelmingly shows that you are safer when vaccinated against COVID then if you're not, specifically when unvaccinated people are accounting for 99% of the hospitalizations and deaths.
    For most people yes, telling them not to get vaccinated is bad advice.
    Though for most young people it probably won't matter if they catch covid. (They should still be vaccinated)
    And for some people, because they're immunocompromised they really CAN'T get vaccinated.

Ultimately if someone is concerned they should talk to their doctor, not consult facebook meme's or listen to Jen Psaki or any rando.

No one is asking you to trust Facebook, they're asking if you trust partisan politicians?
    Facebook is asking me to trust Facebook when they argue that they're not making things worse. I'm not sure why this seems to be such a struggle; you're even the one that posted the link.

For most people yes, telling them not to get vaccinated is bad advice.
    Though for most young people it probably won't matter if they catch covid. (They should still be vaccinated)
    And for some people, because they're immunocompromised they really CAN'T get vaccinated.

Ultimately if someone is concerned they should talk to their doctor, not consult facebook meme's or listen to Jen Psaki or any rando.
    This is mealy mouthed nonsense.

No one is telling everyone no matter what to get vaccinated. Obviously.

It already does matter that young people aren't vaccinated, given what percentage of hospitalizations they make up. If we've learned nothing from this, and it's not hard to say we haven't, it's that putting hospitals at capacity isn't a good thing, even if the COVID patients survive.

Quote Originally Posted by natepro View Post
    This is mealy mouthed nonsense.

No one is telling everyone no matter what to get vaccinated. Obviously.

It already does matter that young people aren't vaccinated, given what percentage of hospitalizations they make up. If we've learned nothing from this, and it's not hard to say we haven't, it's that putting hospitals at capacity isn't a good thing, even if the COVID patients survive.
    Well the Biden admin IS TELLING everyone to get vaccinated.

Also, aren't nearly all deaths complications and hospitalizations among the elderly

Well the Biden admin IS TELLING everyone to get vaccinated.

Also, aren't nearly all deaths complications and hospitalizations among the elderly
    Citation needed.

And not currently, no.

Quote Originally Posted by natepro View Post
    Citation needed.

And not currently, no.
    Really?
    https://www.cnn.com/2021/06/18/polit...ion/index.html
    President Joe Biden on Friday marked the United States administering 300 million Covid-19 shots in 150 days, urging unvaccinated Americans to roll up their sleeves to protect themselves against emerging variants of the virus.
    I mean, yeah, Biden has been pushing and encouraging all Americans to get vaccinated from like day 1. That's not even a controversial take.
    Have you been paying attention at all.

Really?

I mean, yeah, Biden has been pushing and encouraging all Americans to get vaccinated from like day 1. That's not even a controversial take.
    Where does that say he wants all Americans to be vaccinated irrespective of circumstance? I think he's well aware that some people can't be vaccinated due to being medically immunocompromised or the fact that the vaccine is still not approved for children.

The message has been anyone who is 12 and older and can get vaccinated should be.

Really?

Another absolutely bogus argument.

Really?

This is what you have?

Page 7 of 17 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast