Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 17 12311 ... LastLast

Biden Allied *Outside Groups* to lobby SMS carriers & social media to combat disinfor

https://www.politico.com/news/2021/0...ampaign-499278

So the article REALLY buries the lead here, it's focus is mostly on defending the Biden admin and their plan of going Door-to-Door to promote vaccines, but then it leaves this gem.

Biden allied groups, including the Democratic National Committee, are also planning to engage fact-checkers more aggressively and work with SMS carriers to dispel misinformation about vaccines that is sent over social media and text messages.

UH What. The author points out over Twitter that TECHNICALLY it's not the govt doing it, it's private companies, and they're not doing it at the behest of the govt, but at the behest of groups like the DNC.

This is terrifying, the govt has no business going through our personal messages looking for *disinformation* the real question is, where does it stop. Is it ONLY going to be used to dispel COVID?

Where have you been? The government has been going thru or collecting all digital info. since 9-11. If you commit a crime or just a suspect, they can pull up what your granny texted you two years ago, trace your locations and travel during that time.
    There are three kinds of men. The one that learns by reading. The few who learn by observation. The rest of them have to pee on the electric fence for themselves.

Will Rogers

So your crazy uncle sends you some QAnon crap along with a notice that your Mom has cancer but the message doesn't go through

https://www.npr.org/2021/05/13/99657...vaccine-hoaxes

Researchers have found just 12 people are responsible for the bulk of the misleading claims and outright lies about COVID-19 vaccines that proliferate on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter.

"The 'Disinformation Dozen' produce 65% of the shares of anti-vaccine misinformation on social media platforms," said Imran Ahmed, chief executive officer of the Center for Countering Digital Hate, which identified the accounts.

Now the vaccine rollout is reaching a critical stage in which most adults who want the vaccine have gotten it, but many others are holding out, these 12 influential social media users stand to have an outsize impact on the outcome.
    You can say whatever you want Ciaban but this **** doesn't belong out there. There are known side effects with the vaccine and some that will come out over time but that doesn't give people the right to spread disinformation out there at will and without consequence. Same reason why Moderna and Pfizer should sue the **** out of these "news" stations who are participating in similar disinformation. That's libel and slander.

People can make their own decisions about the vaccine but there's no reason to muddy the water or complicate the process by lying to people.

If people want to have an honest discussion about the side effects, fine, but this is not that.
    Last edited by metswon69; 07-14-2021 at 10:16 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Brewersfan255 View Post
    Right because we should really trust big tech to decide what’s actual true or “misinformation” kind of like how they hid all the hunter Biden laptop stuff right before the election

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I know it breaks your heart that Donnie Boi wasn't allowed to continue harping on an election he legitimately lost but there's no doubt him and his allies were consistently lying on social media everyday. This is no different. If you don't want to take the vaccine, whatever, but making a point through disinformation doesn't educate people on whether or not they are making the right decision, nor does it do the decision process justice.
    Last edited by metswon69; 07-14-2021 at 11:12 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Brewersfan255 View Post
    Right because we should really trust big tech to decide what’s actual true or “misinformation” kind of like how they hid all the hunter Biden laptop stuff right before the election

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Damn Hunter!!1!

Quote Originally Posted by Scoots View Post
    So your crazy uncle sends you some QAnon crap along with a notice that your Mom has cancer but the message doesn't go through
    down, deep in the tunnels of the Langley Building, a data collector is re-routing it to Homeland Security right now.
    There are three kinds of men. The one that learns by reading. The few who learn by observation. The rest of them have to pee on the electric fence for themselves.

Will Rogers

You damn right Brewer, big tech has been lying about Bigfoot for decades and telling us it doesn't exist.
    Preach bro, as I pass the collection plate.

Will Rogers

Let the culling begin.

Will Rogers

Quote Originally Posted by catman View Post
    I have read just the opposite, but I have also read that those of us that had Covid and got the vaccine may have permanent immunity. I will wait to see how that goes before I believe it. I will follow my Dr's advice on this subject, as she has access to data that I don't have.
    How could anyone in good conscience say there's no clinical reason to get vaccinated? That's the type of disinformation that has no place on tv, on social media, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by metswon69 View Post
    How could anyone in good conscience say there's no clinical reason to get vaccinated? That's the type of disinformation that has no place on tv, on social media, etc.
    You'll have to ask Kamala as to why she took that path relating to getting vaccinated. She is singularity responsible for a lot of people not taking the vaccine. Getting elected was more important to her than getting people vaccinated.
    GJO- You will never be forgotten. "MORE THAN MINFINITY"!

Page 1 of 17 12311 ... LastLast