Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 15 of 17 FirstFirst ... 51314151617 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by catman View Post
    I'm glad to see that I have kept you busy doing this tonight. It gave you some information to process.
    Perhaps you might have even run across some information that I gave you as well.

If this isn't ****ing baiting, I don't know what is.

Making **** up from whole cloth and then fully ignoring when you're shown to be wrong is not "giving me some information to process," it's just lying.

"The thing we may have to accept is that red states really like this pandemic and want to keep it.”" - @LOLGOP

Quote Originally Posted by metswon69 View Post
    He has lol. Its up to individual people to do with that information as they will.
    Then why is he complaining about the "dis-information" on social media in the first place? If it is up to the individual to process what they see on facebook, twitter, etc, there is nothing that he can really do about it other than post positive news about vaccines, etc.-

Quote Originally Posted by valade16 View Post
    Why do you think so many people happened to die in a year where we had a pandemic? You think it was coincidence that half a million more people than normal?
    If only Biden had worn a mask like Trump did, and then posted on social media about it, maybe some of those people wouldn't have mysteriously died.

"The thing we may have to accept is that red states really like this pandemic and want to keep it.”" - @LOLGOP

Quote Originally Posted by natepro View Post

If this isn't ****ing baiting, I don't know what is.

Making **** up from whole cloth and then fully ignoring when you're shown to be wrong is not "giving me some information to process," it's just lying.
    I am not making anything up. I am simply stating things that have been reported.

Then why is he complaining about the "dis-information" on social media in the first place? If it is up to the individual to process what they see on facebook, twitter, etc, there is nothing that he can really do about it other than post positive news about vaccines, etc.-
    Because people are making decisions based on bad information, and the people putting it out there know it's bad? How is this even a question?

I am not making anything up. I am simply stating things that have been reported.
    Biden did not say that we should have mask mandates and go back into lockdown. He's literally said exactly the opposite as far as the lockdown is concerned. You are absolutely making things up.

I'm going to bed now. Come up with a coherent policy and send it to Biden. I'm sure he will listen to you.

I'm going to bed now. Come up with a coherent policy and send it to Biden. I'm sure he will listen to you.

I dont think you seem to understand that getting the vaccine is a choice. At least none of your responses suggest you do. The message and the messenger aren't the problem.

Because it shouldn't exist. Isn't that fairly obvious? What good does disinformation do when we're fighting a global pandemic? There are people actively suggesting that the vaccine causes infertility, that it injects 5G into your body, that it alters your DNA, that it causes miscarriages, etc. All of that is purposely put out there to dissuade people into not getting vaccinated and complicate the process further.
    Last edited by metswon69; 07-22-2021 at 03:27 AM.

I dont think you seem to understand that getting the vaccine is a choice. At least none of your responses suggest you do. The message and the messenger aren't the problem.
    I, as a healthcare provider, don't understand? Quite an interesting take. I administer medications to patients daily and when they tell me they don't want that pill or shot today, they don't get it. Patients have the right to refuse anything or everything.
    I assure you that I understand patients' rights very well.

Because it shouldn't exist. Isn't that fairly obvious? What good does disinformation do when we're fighting a global pandemic? There are people actively suggesting that the vaccine causes infertility, that it injects 5G into your body, that it alters your DNA, that it causes miscarriages, etc. All of that is purposely put out there to dissuade people into not getting vaccinated and complicate the process further.
    Are you trying to censor social media? The first amendment gives people the right to post anything they want on social media, true or not. It is up to Biden to refute the disinformation that exists. His message is not reaching those who are falling for the nonsense out there, unfortunately.
    And, in case you need to be reminded, I want everyone to be vaccinated. I am not an "anti-vaxxer" that you want me to be.
    Last edited by catman; 07-22-2021 at 11:40 AM.

Are you trying to censor social media? The first amendment gives people the right to post anything they want on social media, true or not. It is up to Biden to refute the disinformation that exists. His message is not reaching those who are falling for the nonsense out there, unfortunately.
    And, in case you need to be reminded, I want everyone to be vaccinated. I am not an "anti-vaxxer" that you want me to be.
    What can he do to combat misinformation on social media?

That is up to him to determine. I do not know how to combat this other than to post truthful and verifiable information. If he can't figure that out, he will have a continuing problem to deal with.
    As I said, come up with a coherent policy on Covid and send it to Biden. We need a clear, honest message on the subject, for once.

That is up to him to determine. I do not know how to combat this other than to post truthful and verifiable information. If he can't figure that out, he will have a continuing problem to deal with.
    As I said, come up with a coherent policy on Covid and send it to Biden. We need a clear, honest message on the subject, for once.
    Do you have examples of Biden not saying truthful or verifiable Covid information or how he hasn’t had a coherent policy on Covid, because thus far you’ve shown none.

Page 15 of 17 FirstFirst ... 51314151617 LastLast