Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Sexton like it or not would be a good fit in New York

Quote Originally Posted by ShadyOne View Post
    You’re talking about the supposed bad things about Sexton, and you then linked to an article that is pretty positive about him.

More I read, more I’m on board. Seems like a tough kid, a hard worker, focused on his game. That’s who I want on this team. Also seems like a Thibs guy, and a guy that will fit here
    You’re forgetting the tail end of the post. The Cavs can and WILL pay him.

This is just Cleveland playing with the heads of other NBA teams but unless the other team has a generational young star, I can’t see them pulling the trigger for a box of garbage in Kevin Knox, Obi Toppin, & late first rounders…because at the end of the day 24ppg scorers don’t grow on trees.

When it comes to free agency the Knicks are getting the door slammed shut again. They don’t have the connections like other franchises do. There’s an ocean of a difference between an agent and Team President.

The Knicks Front Office is over betting their hand. They got to the playoffs because of Thibs. Not the other way around. How was Randle under Fizdale? Pretty forgettable.

Knicks better hope they get Lonzo Ball or it’s Elfrid Payton re-signing (again) with Derrick Rose likely signing elsewhere.

Knicks should go after Lonzo but if not him then I would go Lowry or Conley

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Detfink View Post
    You’re forgetting the tail end of the post. The Cavs can and WILL pay him.

This is just Cleveland playing with the heads of other NBA teams but unless the other team has a generational young star, I can’t see them pulling the trigger for a box of garbage in Kevin Knox, Obi Toppin, & late first rounders…because at the end of the day 24ppg scorers don’t grow on trees.

When it comes to free agency the Knicks are getting the door slammed shut again. They don’t have the connections like other franchises do. There’s an ocean of a difference between an agent and Team President.

The Knicks Front Office is over betting their hand. They got to the playoffs because of Thibs. Not the other way around. How was Randle under Fizdale? Pretty forgettable.

Knicks better hope they get Lonzo Ball or it’s Elfrid Payton re-signing (again) with Derrick Rose likely signing elsewhere.
    Which has nothing to do with what I said. Was just replying to your commentary on him.

I agree they definitely can pay him if they want to. I also agree they won’t give him away for the crap trades some are suggesting. I disagree though, that they are “playing” with teams. They wouldn’t mind trading him, they have 2 guards they like, that to this point don’t fit together. And a young center to pay. And a horrible team. It’s not about “they can’t pay”, but more about “should we start locking in a team that isn’t working”

Ian Begley
    @IanBegley
    ·
    46m
    Former Kentucky player Reid Travis will play for the Knicks’ Summer League team:
    Quote Tweet
    John Calipari
    @UKCoachCalipari
    · 1h
    I'm also happy to report that @NateSestina23 and @2ReidTravis2 will get their shot. Nate is going to be playing in the NBA Summer League with Utah and Reid is going to be with the New York Knicks. Two guys with tremendous work ethics and maturity levels who will help any team.

Quote Originally Posted by Tg11 View Post
    Knicks should go after Lonzo but if not him then I would go Lowry or Conley
    Whoever, if anyone, gives Lonzo a big long term deal is making a taking a huge risk, and the Knicks have no reason to do that right now.

I still dont think he gets the big long term deal everyone expects him to, but if he does it won't be NY.

Knicks are in major roster revamp time, and paying big for Lonzo makes no sense.

I think the Knicks are going to get the door slammed in their face, again.

The Cavs are dangling/putting out feelers for Collin Sexton but are in no way, obligated to trade him...never mind the Knicks do not have enough. The Warriors deal is waaaaaaaay more seductive.

New Orleans cleared $30M in cap space in a monster trade with Memphis, so now they have at least $30M/season to play with and re-sign Lonzo Ball.

The Knicks don't have the asset to trade for future Hall of Famer, Damian Lillard. Kawhi Leonard mending a partially torn ACL is not about to opt out of $34M player option.

MAYBE...maybe the Knicks can outbid for Kyle Lowry $40M/one year deal but I think he's going to a Southern state.

Overpaying for Kelly Oubre is good enough for at least one more playoff appearance before the Knicks go all in.

Knicks have significant interest in re-signing Reggie Bullock, with Suns also interested
    New York has the ability to outbid all of Bullock’s suitors in free agency
    Ian Begley

A few notes on Reggie Bullock’s free agency:

WHAT CAN KNICKS OFFER?
    The Knicks have Reggie Bullock’s Early Bird rights. So they can offer Bullock a contract as long as four years and worth as much as $47 million dollars in free agency. They can exceed the cap to pay Bullock, thanks to the Early Bird rights.

The four-year, $47 million contract is more than most Bullock suitors can offer. Teams over the cap can offer Bullock the midlevel exception, projected to start at $9.5 million in the first season.

Teams with cap space can offer Bullock more money than the Knicks’ Early Bird Rights offer. But the Knicks also will have cap space. So they can essentially match/exceed any offers to Bullock.

WHO IS INTERESTED?
    The Knicks probably have several different contingency plans for free agency. One of them includes New York maintaining enough cap space to sign a max free agent in 2022.

If they go this route, it would prohibit them from signing their own free agents to multiyear deals.

Bullock will probably attract multiyear offers from other suitors. The Phoenix Suns are among the teams who have Bullock on their radar entering free agency, per SNY sources.

The New York Post reported that the Philadelphia Sixers and Boston Celtics also have interest in Bullock.

HOW CAN HE HELP KNICKS?
    The Knicks also have significant interest in bringing Bullock back.

Tom Thibodeau called Bullock New York’s "unsung hero" throughout the 2020-21 season. It was an apt description.

Bullock hit 41 percent of his three-point attempts and 52 percent of his two-point attempts this past season. The 30-year-old was one of only 16 players to make at least 150 threes while shooting at least 40 percent from beyond the arc.

Thibodeau and Bullock’s teammates routinely said he was one of the Knicks’ most important defenders. New York finished fourth overall in defensive efficiency and Bullock routinely guarded the opponent’s best scorer.

The numbers show that Bullock did his job well. According to Synergy Sports, he finished within the top 26 percent of all man-to-man defenders in the league last season.

According to ProFitX, Bullock outplayed his $4.8 million contact last season by 265 percent. ProFitX -- which uses artificial intelligence to provide projections on player contracts, performance, development and potential -- said Bullock played at a $16.5 million level in 2020-21. The company projects Bullock’s salary over the next two years to be in the range of $21.1 million in total.

Bullock originally signed a two-year, $21 million deal with New York in 2019. That deal had to be reworked because of Bullock’s neck injury.

The Knicks agreed to sign Bullock on a two-year deal worth roughly $9 million. Bullock missed several months at the start of the 2019-20 season while rehabbing the neck injury.

Last year, he obviously showed the Knicks and the rest of the NBA that the neck injury is a non-issue.

WILL JULIUS RANDLE FACTOR IN?
    Bullock paired well with Randle last season. Randle often found Bullock open on the perimeter when he was handling the ball. If the Knicks are going to commit long-term to Randle, it would make sense to surround him with players he’s comfortable with on the court.

Also worth noting: The Knicks established strong locker room chemistry last season. Bullock was an integral part of that process. So the Knicks would lose some of that chemistry if Bullock signed with another team.

New York has the ability to outbid all of Bullock’s suitors in free agency. It will be interesting to see how many years – and how much money – they are comfortable offering him.

Adrian Wojnarowski
    @wojespn
    ·
    6h
    Forbes was fourth in the NBA in three-point shooting (45 percent) – and third best among players with 200-plus attempts. Forbes averaged 12.2 points on 48 percent three-point shooting in February when starting guard Jrue Holiday was sidelined.
    Quote Tweet
    Adrian Wojnarowski
    @wojespn
    · 6h
    ESPN Sources: Milwaukee Bucks guard Bryn Forbes is declining his player option and becoming a free agent: es.pn/375OIU2

Quote Originally Posted by still a fan View Post
    Adrian Wojnarowski
    @wojespn
    ·
    6h
    Forbes was fourth in the NBA in three-point shooting (45 percent) – and third best among players with 200-plus attempts. Forbes averaged 12.2 points on 48 percent three-point shooting in February when starting guard Jrue Holiday was sidelined.
    Quote Tweet
    Adrian Wojnarowski
    @wojespn
    · 6h
    ESPN Sources: Milwaukee Bucks guard Bryn Forbes is declining his player option and becoming a free agent: es.pn/375OIU2
    He is pure. I am totally on board if they want to add Forbes

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    My dick is named 'Ewing'.

Quote Originally Posted by still a fan View Post
    Adrian Wojnarowski
    @wojespn
    ·
    6h
    Quote Tweet
    Adrian Wojnarowski
    @wojespn
    · 6h
    100%. I’ve mentioned him before. I’m in!!

2021 NBA Offseason Preview: New York Knicks

Quote Originally Posted by ShadyOne View Post
    100%. I’ve mentioned him before. I’m in!!
    He is one of those guys that could walk on a court where no one knows him, take one shot, and everyone would yell “shooter” the next time he touches it

Last edited by ewing; 07-27-2021 at 07:24 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    My dick is named 'Ewing'.

Quote Originally Posted by ewing View Post
    He one of those guys that could walk on a court where no one knows him, take one shot, and everyone would yell “shooter” the next time he touches it

I think he can do more, too. But 100%. It looks good the second it’s out of his hands

Quote Originally Posted by ewing View Post
    He is pure. I am totally on board if they want to add Forbes

Even though he was hot trash in the playoffs and was out of the rotation?

Quote Originally Posted by GiantsSwaGG View Post
    Even though he was hot trash in the playoffs and was out of the rotation?
    There was no rotation. There was basically the starters, plus Connaughton. Portis didn’t play much either, despite a bunch of good games

Forbes played well against Miami.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast