Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Clippers take:
    The Clippers are too far invested on Kawhi to not resign him if he opts out. If they try and lowball him, too many teams are still willing to pay him.

Kawhi's take:
    0% chance he opts in. Prior to this he likely would have done a 1+1 contract. Now I think he just signs the 5yr deal a year early.

Fan's take:
    Man, it sucks to be a Clippers fan knowing this guy just lengthened the timeline to return/rehab by an extra month for no good reason. Will load manage even crazier than before. And has hamstrung the franchise into paying him based on all they gave up for PG.

Hope he good. The league is better with a healthy Kawhi. But yeah heís gonna load manage even more now

See this is why load management is stupid. Injuries are freak accidents.

Huh. Guess he was injured after all.

Quote Originally Posted by beasted86 View Post
    Clippers take:
    The Clippers are too far invested on Kawhi to not resign him if he opts out. If they try and lowball him, too many teams are still willing to pay him.

Kawhi's take:
    0% chance he opts in. Prior to this he likely would have done a 1+1 contract. Now I think he just signs the 5yr deal a year early.

Fan's take:
    Man, it sucks to be a Clippers fan knowing this guy just lengthened the timeline to return/rehab by an extra month for no good reason. Will load manage even crazier than before. And has hamstrung the franchise into paying him based on all they gave up for PG.
    Whereís he going to go, though? He wants to play on a good team and he had to wait so long to finally make his way to Southern California that no way he goes far. And the Lakers canít fit him in under the cap, neither can the Warriors. Or the Suns (unless CP3 leaves?) And itís not like Sacramento makes sense.

The Clippers might be in the drivers spot but I doubt they want to piss him off. I imagine heíll still call the shots. What a moody little mother****er.

Quote Originally Posted by Saddletramp View Post
    Huh. Guess he was injured after all.

Whereís he going to go, though? He wants to play on a good team and he had to wait so long to finally make his way to Southern California that no way he goes far. And the Lakers canít fit him in under the cap, neither can the Warriors. Or the Suns (unless CP3 leaves?) And itís not like Sacramento makes sense.

The Clippers might be in the drivers spot but I doubt they want to piss him off. I imagine heíll still call the shots. What a moody little mother****er.
    My point is his market value is max right now, injured or not. Clippers would not try and test his loyalty to Southern Cali by letting him test the market.

Heat, Knicks, Dallas are 3 teams right off the top that would instantly sign him, are good teams, and are all good markets if the Clippers tried to play the "hometown discount" card.

Is it just me or are the Clippers doomed?

Michael Scotto reporting Kawhi is still expected to opt out.

Quote Originally Posted by smith&wesson View Post
    Hope he good. The league is better with a healthy Kawhi. But yeah heís gonna load manage even more now
    Defintely

Quote Originally Posted by Scoots View Post
    Is it just me or are the Clippers doomed?
    I think the Clippers are in big trouble going forward myself.

they should have never traded for pg13 because KL cant be trusted. Sorry he just cant be trusted. They literally just gave up everything to put these guys together and have babied KL like there is no tomorrow and is still pissed because they didnt handle the injury to his liking. He would be a fool to return if we are being honest when he can join the mavs/sixers/heat/lakers

i legit feel bad for the clippers fans here because they went above and beyond and could now be ****ed for a decade plus for what they gave up for pg13.

Quote Originally Posted by More-Than-Most View Post
    they should have never traded for pg13 because KL cant be trusted. Sorry he just cant be trusted. They literally just gave up everything to put these guys together and have babied KL like there is no tomorrow and is still pissed because they didnt handle the injury to his liking. He would be a fool to return if we are being honest when he can join the mavs/sixers/heat/lakers

i legit feel bad for the clippers fans here because they went above and beyond and could now be ****ed for a decade plus for what they gave up for pg13.
    How they didn't expect it when he did the same thing to the Spurs (only worse).

He'll likely opt out, get the maximum deal from the Clippers and miss half the games on that contract and blame the team. But it will all be forgiven if he plays 10 games at an all-pro/MVP level in the playoffs one year. People are quick to forgive and forget "injuries".

OKC has the golden goose next year too. LAC are a lotto team without KL. Donít forget they have a few other FAs like Reggie Jackson and Nic Batum too. And hard to move contracts like PBev, Morris, and Ibaka all who will likely get hurt at some point.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by warfelg View Post
    OKC has the golden goose next year too. LAC are a lotto team without KL. Donít forget they have a few other FAs like Reggie Jackson and Nic Batum too. And hard to move contracts like PBev, Morris, and Ibaka all who will likely get hurt at some point.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    OKC should be in good shape for the next decade

Quote Originally Posted by Scoots View Post
    OKC should be in good shape for the next decade
    Yeah, we were having a conversation about that last week. Got locked.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast