Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Wiskers View Post
Now we traded a 3rd pick for Ryan Reaves.
I love the acquisition of Ryan Reaves and the subsequent extension. With two second round picks next year and two fourth round picks, the third rounder became a bit more extendable.

Lafreniere - Zibanejad - Kakko
Panerin - Chytil - Kravstov
Kreider - Strome - Goodrow
Blais - Barron/Rooney - Reaves

Lindgren - Fox
Miller - Trouba
Nemeth - Lundkvist

Shesterkin
Georgiev
Kinkaid

With other teams seemingly taking themselves out of the Eichel sweepstakes, it appears it will come down to the Rangers & Golden Knights, and I am not sure how much of a player Vegas is with the cap constraints. It's unlikely they part with Smith/Theodore to clear the necessary cap space. Minnesota does not have the cap flexibility with the Suter/Parise dead weight, Anaheim does not want to part with Zegras or Drysdale.

My offer for Eichel would consist of the following: Zach Jones, Filip Chytil, Alex Georgiev, 2022 1st Round Pick. I am not including Kakko or Kravstov unless significant cap is retained, and even then I would want Chytil removed from the equation. My only concern is that Drury offers too much when he is essentially bidding against himself (I really hope the Eichel camp comes out and demands a trade because it would remove whatever leverage they have left). While he is a star, 10m per year with a disc replacement surgery on the way is a big risk and I hope Drury doesn't empty the farm system for him.

The obvious concern with this team will be the long-term viability of keeping all this young talent. Kreider's contract and Trouba's contract could become an issue, but we'll cross that bridge in due time.