Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Who’s running the Rangers?

Well it’s July 12th. Rangers need to submit their protected/unprotected list by Saturday for July 21st expansion draft.

Update Drury is President & GM

Gallant is the HC

Mike Kelly his long time friend and assistant coach in ALL of his stops—minors, team Canada tournaments, and pro stops—-Columbus, Florida & Vegas, is in as assistant coach here.

Gord Murphy will be his 2nd assistant coach, in charge of defense & PK. Gord was Gallants assistant coach in Florida.

News is his 3rd coach will be named by the end of the week, that guy will be in charge of the offense & PP. Rumor is it will be Ryan McGill( but he’s a former defenseman so I don’t see him coaching the offense).

Kris Knoblauch will remain the HC in Hartford and is in the process of naming Murphy’s replacement there—along with help from Drury.

Drury has yet to name Hartford’s GM as well.
    Last edited by Mr.Wiskers; 07-12-2021 at 11:25 PM.

My guess is Rick Tocchet will be the 3rd assistant coach in charge of the offense & PP. All the HC spots have been filled and he, according to rumors has met with Drury at least 3x’s, so it makes sense to me.

My guess is Rick Tocchet will be the 3rd assistant coach in charge of the offense & PP. All the HC spots have been filled and he, according to rumors has met with Drury at least 3x’s, so it makes sense to me.

And if that’s the case will the Rangers be looking to acquire a player or two that Tocchet coaches in Arizona? Christian Dvorak? Maybe. He’s a center with a 52% face-off win percentage, 3rd line center in Arizona, saw PK time & has the most ice time of all forwards in Arizona.

Weird weekend.

Howden gets traded for a 4th rd pick & a nobody defenseman who will officially become a free agent in a week.

We deal a 7th Rd pick to TB for negotiating rights to Goodrow. Who we then leave unprotected along with Blackwell in the expansion draft. Choosing to protect Rooney instead.

And there’s rumors of Drury entertaining offers for Georgiev, Buchnevich & Strome. The rumor has Drury looking for a 1st Rd pick for Georgiev. Buchnevich possibly going to Vancouver for Bo Horvat. And Strome going to Ottawa.

Yeah, the previous Rangers Front Office just didn't that the 4th line is often the checking line who will soften up the opponent. I like the boldness of getting a nuts/bolts guy like Goodrow but he wants $3-3.5M/season. Tricky. They moved Howden who just isn't a 4th line guy but has value.

The problem with Buchnevich is the fact, he's due for a big pay out. He's a RFA. He's only making $3.5M last season. Not only is he up for a big upgrade but also 30-year old Mika Zibanejad. The Rangers need a major upgrade at Center but also need to open cap space.

Sadly Captain Happy is the odd man out.

Bo Horvat is making $5.5M/season before becoming a UFA in 2023-4. Quite a price but his FO% is consistently 50% which is easily the BEST on the Rangers. Why are face offs important? In late games, you need to win the face off to either close out a game by clearing the puck or getting a shot off in the opponents' end.

Ryan Strome's FO% last season was 43% and his career best was 47%. Not going to cut it when you're up against the Crosbys of the league. Goodbye Ryan. Panarin covered up your deficiencies.

In my wildest dreams, I offer Filip Chytil, Pavel Buchnevich, Rangers 2021 first rounder, one of their defensive prospects NOT named Braden Schneider....for RW/LW Matthew Tkachuk. The 1st line needs a huge boost.

Latest rumors:

Elliotte Friedman’s 31 Thought says Rangers are looking at Zach Hyman.

The NHL network was saying Goodrow at 6 yrs 3.6 mil. is very close, expect an announcement sometime after the expansion draft. Bruce Boudreau was saying it’s a fair price for a 3rd line center. So we may be looking at Goodrow as our 3rd line guy—makes sense since we protected Rooney & not Blackwell or Gauthier. So Zibenajad, Strome, Goodrow, Rooney—-for now.

Though, there is another rumor out there that we are looking to move Strome for the 10th overall pick. Then flipping the #10, #15 pick and Buchnevich ( someone said Chytil) for Eichel. Now if that’s true, we would be looking at Eichel, Zibenajad, Goodrow, Rooney. For me, I’d rather have Horvat( doesn’t have a serious injury).

As far as Ottawa goes, I saw another forum where they were debating Josh Norris for Strome, may have to include more to get that deal done but I’d do that.

I’d definitely make that deal you mentioned. Tkachuk on a line with Panarin would be great, who cares who’d the center would be, the two of them on line would make anyone look good.
    Last edited by Mr.Wiskers; 07-20-2021 at 04:05 PM.

Today rumors:

Rangers continue to “aggressively shop Strome, Buchnevich, Georgiev. Maybe shopping the 15th pick.

Kraken are NOT moving Giordano, but are willing to move Soucy.

Rangers will not be bringing back Smith.

In my opinion, MY OPINiON, it’s seems that since this is a copy cat league, we may be looking to play 2 scoring line & 2 physical checking lines, much like TB & Montreal is doing. It would make sense since all the talk is Goodrow being put on the 3rd line & Rooney being protected to play on the 4th line. Seems Lafraniere, Zibenajad, Kakko & Panarin,Kravtsov being on the top 2 lines. Means Kreider, Goodrow will be on the 3rd and Barron, Rooney on the 4th line. We are looking at possibly an upgrade on Strome for the 2nd line center. No real talk of what’s gonna happen to Gauthier. Also with all the talk of us looking for a 3rd pair lefty defenseman—we are looking at either of Lundkvist,Jones or even Schneider playing 3rd line defense. I can see Schneider because he played on team Canada and Gallant was the HC of team Canada, so he got a real close look at him.
    Last edited by Mr.Wiskers; 07-22-2021 at 06:19 PM.

In a separate post I noted the Buchnevich deal, which I’ll post here as well.

Buchnevich for Sammy Blias & 2022 2nd pick. Blias is a 25 yr old 4th line winger, making 1.5 mil. w/ 35 career pts in 119 games. He doesn’t play on either of the PP or PK but does have 366 hits in those 119 gms. So we can put him on the 4th line along with Rooney & Barron.

So if you are tracking this is us today:
    Lafraniere—Zibenajad—Kakko
    Panarin—??.?-Kravtov
    Kreider—????-Goodrow
    Barron—-Rooney—Blias

Yes we have Chytil, Gauthier & Strome but it doesn’t seem like any will be here come opening night.

On D:

Lindgren—Fox
    Miller—-Trouba
    ?????—Schneider

Again yes I know Jones, Lundkvist & Hejuk are still here but I think Schneider will be the right defenseman on the 3rd line over the smallish Jones & Lindkvist.

There’s got to be a blockbuster coming and it has to be a center for the 2nd line. By guess it we sign Blake Coleman or Philip Danault in free agency to play 3rd line center.
    Last edited by Mr.Wiskers; 07-23-2021 at 06:05 PM.

Bummed we didn’t take Lucius

Yeah, we need centers on our team but we draft a LW. Drury isn’t looking good in my eyes. Other than Howden for a 4th Rd pick. He’s really disappointed me, seems it’s not taking him long to mess this team up.
    Last edited by Mr.Wiskers; 07-23-2021 at 10:55 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Wiskers View Post
    Yeah, we need centers on our team but we draft a LW. Drury isn’t looking good in my eyes. Other than Howden for a 4th Rd pick. He’s really disappointed me, seems it’s not taking him long to mess this team up.
    I mean the Buchnevic trade is the only one that looks regrettable. I’m not sure why he felt the need to trade him now when the return would have been greater at some point.

You don’t trade Top 6 for Bottom 6.

I have no problem with the Goodrow signing. Maybe longer term and longer AAV but he was going to get that and he we need some grit.

It’s too early to tell on Othman but with the lack of centers (and goalie prospect) I was surprised to take another winger. We won’t know for a few years but Lucious and Wallstedt looked like better options to me.

As of right now, I’m fine that he won’t budge on whatever the Eichel asking price is. It seems outlandish but he does lose some credibility when he then goes and trades a major asset for virtually nothing.

Quote Originally Posted by BoSchemblogger View Post
    I mean the Buchnevic trade is the only one that looks regrettable. I’m not sure why he felt the need to trade him now when the return would have been greater at some point.

You don’t trade Top 6 for Bottom 6.

I have no problem with the Goodrow signing. Maybe longer term and longer AAV but he was going to get that and he we need some grit.

It’s too early to tell on Othman but with the lack of centers (and goalie prospect) I was surprised to take another winger. We won’t know for a few years but Lucious and Wallstedt looked like better options to me.

As of right now, I’m fine that he won’t budge on whatever the Eichel asking price is. It seems outlandish but he does lose some credibility when he then goes and trades a major asset for virtually nothing.
    And Sasha Pujovar fell into our laps and we pass on him to now address center. Based on scouting rankings alone it’s a reach pick

According to Brooksie, NYPost we will be signing Patrik Nemeth once free agency begins Wednesday. He says Colorado is/was allowing Nemeth to talk to other teams because they have no intention on Re-signing him. He’s a 28 yr old lefthanded defenseman, he’s a Swede with some physicality to his game, a stay at home defenseman. With him being a Swede, the speculation is that Lundkvist is expected to be playing right away. With Nemeth helping him in his transition to America, the North American style of play.

If true our defense is set.
    Fox—Lindgren
    Miller—Trouba
    Nemeth—Lundkvist

LW—Lafraniere,Panarin, Kreider, Barron
    RW—Kakko, Kravtsov, Goodrow, Blias with Gauthier possibly in the mix
    C—Zibenajad—?????—?????,Rooney

The focus will now turn to our centers and who will it end up being. As Chytil’s ability to play center is in question and there are rumors of Strome being dealt.
    Last edited by Mr.Wiskers; 07-31-2021 at 06:11 PM.

Now we traded a 3rd pick for Ryan Reaves.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast