Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 16 to 20 of 20

Thread: MLB Draft

  1. #16
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Bethlehem
    Posts
    43,779
    Quote Originally Posted by WOwolfOL View Post
    The guy who's a top prospect, 23 years old with a 140 wRC+ in AA and expecting to make the Majors later this year? You think he was a bad pick? He's a 65 FV and every projection system has him as a league average bat if he debuted tomorrow. And he missed a whole year of development and has still hit the ground running.
    MLB draft is unlike every other sport. Unless thereís an all time great canít miss guy that everyone knows about, you see a guy who isnít considered the best player taken 1st overall. Especially for the reasons you laid out.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack of Blades View Post
    I don't consider Brand New indie. I consider them ****ing awesome and don't belong to a genre.

  2. #17
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Los Angeles County, CA
    Posts
    46,424
    Pirates saved about 2m on Davis

  3. #18
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    Myrtle Beach, South Carolina
    Posts
    16,320
    Quote Originally Posted by koldjerky View Post
    MLB draft is unlike every other sport. Unless thereís an all time great canít miss guy that everyone knows about, you see a guy who isnít considered the best player taken 1st overall. Especially for the reasons you laid out.
    And with the "bonus pool" money thing, a lot of guys are taken before they really should so that teams can save money for something more down the line.
    Eichel Tower

  4. #19
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Central Iowa
    Posts
    6,781
    The major difference between the MLB draft and the NFL & NBA drafts is that the other sports draft for current roster needs. MLB drafts for future needs. Few players are ready to jump directly from high school or college ball to the majors, and the rules say that they can't do that anymore.
    They all need some development in the minors to adjust to the professional game.

  5. #20
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Bethlehem
    Posts
    43,779
    Quote Originally Posted by catman View Post
    The major difference between the MLB draft and the NFL & NBA drafts is that the other sports draft for current roster needs. MLB drafts for future needs. Few players are ready to jump directly from high school or college ball to the majors, and the rules say that they can't do that anymore.
    They all need some development in the minors to adjust to the professional game.
    NBA is really the only league that drafts for immediate need.

    NFL, NBA, NHL almost always go BPA

    Unless there is a generational talent, MLB almost always go based on value based on the money pool.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack of Blades View Post
    I don't consider Brand New indie. I consider them ****ing awesome and don't belong to a genre.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •