Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 78910 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by warfelg View Post
    Id think the bigger impact would be Thibs wanting the ball in those guys hands than anything else. Something underrated about Sexton is his off ball play. Hes just undersized to play the 2. Maybe if you can get a Lonzo who can play the traditional 1, but defend the 2. Take the ball out of Sextons hands a touch for initiating the offense but still let Sexton attack when the time is right.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    When Ewing said they would still target Lonzo, that made sense to me too.

Sexton
    Lonzo
    RJ
    Randle
    Robinson

That's a nice starting 5, they would still have picks and money to add depth too.

Colin Sexton reportedly "very available"

Quote Originally Posted by NBA all the way View Post
    When Ewing said they would still target Lonzo, that made sense to me too.

Sexton
    Lonzo
    RJ
    Randle
    Robinson

That's a nice starting 5, they would still have picks and money to add depth too.
    I is like that lineup a good bit. Ive never been a big ball fan but he is good in transition, is tall, and ball mover, he also spreads the floor. He can balance Collins half court court creation and size

The are both also very young and have improved ever year they have been in the league

Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    My dick is named 'Ewing'.

Quote Originally Posted by ewing View Post
    I is like that lineup a good bit. Ive never been a big ball fan but he is good in transition, is tall, and ball mover, he also spreads the floor. He can balance Collins half court court creation and size

The are both also very young and have improved ever year they have been in the league

For months I've been spitting that I predict Lonzo to NY. I really thought that NY would just throw big money at him and NO would not match. Not so sure anymore that NO won't match any offer given to Ball. With Zions camp putting pressure on the Pelicans FO to better the team I really don't think they can just let Ball go without anything in return. Now I think the only way Ball isn't back in NO is via S/T but not for assets but rather ready to win now player/s. I really don't think you guys got that to offer NO.

I now think he ends up back in NO or with the Clippers on a S/T involving Kennard & Rondo.
    "My cow is dead, I don't need your bull"

Bane seems to be a slightly better shooter than Herro, but not near the scorer. Not sure why Grizzlies would entertain that deal, seeing as the best prospects are off tha board by #8. What they can get at #8 very well could be there at #17, talent wise with how deep the draft. After the top 4 is a drop, then after the top 7 is another drop. 8 to presumably 30 will have similar talents, potential, flaws etc.

Idk why the Magic do it either, tbh. They have 21 year old Cole Anthony on a rookie deal, they have 20 year old RJ Hampton on a rookie deal, they have 23 year old Fultz on an overpay but not an albatross contract, they have 29 year old MCW making peanuts, they have 26 year old Gary Harris on a cheap expiring, and 30 year old Ross on a super team friendly deal.

There are only 96 minutes in the back court, Sexton at 6'1" isn't playing any minutes at 3. Magic have 6 guys at minimum who need a share of those minutes. Not sure why you think Sexton fits on a log jammed back court, especially at $30 million annually. They can tank while getting their young back court guys minutes on cheap deals. The Magic are starving for wing depth, not an overpaid Sexton.

------------------------

Knox isn't a bust, the kid is 21 years old. He has played for 3 different head coaches, Thibs didn't even give him a chance, similar to Toppin. Knox did decent under Fizdale, who actually gave him minutes. Toppin has tons of potential, dude didn't even start college until he was 20. Plus Garland is 21, Allen 23, Okoro 20, Windler is 24. Toppin fits their timeline like a glove.

Again, Cavs get 3 guys on cheap deals which is what they sorely need with the Love albatross contract on their books + a new Allen contract.
    He would instantly be the Magics best player. I also think that right now Harris, MCW & Ross are irrelevant going forward because they will all be gone sooner rather then later. They most likely already regretting the Fultz extension. The only Gs on the Magics roster that are relevant IMO are Anthony & Hampton.

Watch out. Apparently hes going to choke to death on his coffee at the suggestion that Fultz is a block to the deal.

Nah after the initial "Orlando shouldn't trade for Sexton because they already got Fultz" lol I come to expect anything from you 2 now. I really try and give you and NBA the benefit of the doubt on being unbiased but even though I bring facts, stats & fitting comparisons on any subject you 2 like to unite and go against me. And it's not the message because once another poster says something similar to what I've said you 2 are like "yeah that's true" lol. So it's obvious the messenger, seems like you 2 can't get past my Lakers logo. But it's all good.

Hell, I wonder how into it both teams would be:
    Fournier (S&T) and Smart for Ball (S&T), Lakers 1st (2022), and 2 2021 2nds.

Celtics:
    Ball
    Brown
    Tatum
    FA/Trade
    Horford

Pelicans:
    Smart
    Fournier
    Ingram
    Williamson
    Adams

Hell, I wonder how into it both teams would be:
    Fournier (S&T) and Smart for Ball (S&T), Lakers 1st (2022), and 2 2021 2nds.

Celtics:
    Ball
    Brown
    Tatum
    FA/Trade
    Horford

Pelicans:
    Smart
    Fournier
    Ingram
    Williamson
    Adams
    I like this for both sides. Not sure any picks have to be included, definitely not a 1st

Id think the bigger impact would be Thibs wanting the ball in those guys hands than anything else. Something underrated about Sexton is his off ball play. Hes just undersized to play the 2. Maybe if you can get a Lonzo who can play the traditional 1, but defend the 2. Take the ball out of Sextons hands a touch for initiating the offense but still let Sexton attack when the time is right.

I know we discussed this a bit in the other sexton thread, but that to me is exactly why hes a 6th man. With that straying lineup, you're taking the ball out of his hands a decent amount. Problem is the one thing he's good at in basketball is scoring the basketball. He's not a good defender. He's not a great passer. He's not a great rebounder. Maybe hell grow in those areas but his strength is scoring the basketball. Inserting him as like the 3rd best player Ina starting lineup means you have him doing less of the thing he does well and more of the stuff he doesn't. Maybe he improves in those regards and bumps his efficiency to offset the lower usage, but you trading for and paying him based on his ability to score the basketball, so putting him in a role where he gets to score the basketball seems to be the best bet.

Quote Originally Posted by McAllen Tx View Post
    He would instantly be the Magics best player. I also think that right now Harris, MCW & Ross are irrelevant going forward because they will all be gone sooner rather than later. They most likely already regretting the Fultz extension. The only Gs on the Magics roster that are relevant IMO are Anthony & Hampton.
    Maybe he would be, but who cares if he's redundant and immediately needs to be paid. Are the Magic going to be competitive in the next 5 seasons? I highly doubt it.

So you're taking developmental playing time away from the 20 and 21 year old guards on your team to overpay a guy while still having massive holes on the wing... Not seeing the logic there. The $30 million can be used much more wisely.

Of course Harris and Ross don't matter in the long run but the Magic need to play them to boost their value, because they will for sure be traded for more assets to help the tank, they don't fit the timeline. But taking minutes away from them makes no sense in the short term.

It's all a moot point, Cavs aren't trading Sexton for #8, it's terrible value. Every rumored package is better than that.

Maybe he would be, but who cares if he's redundant and immediately needs to be paid. Are the Magic going to be competitive in the next 5 seasons? I highly doubt it.

So you're taking developmental playing time away from the 20 and 21 year old guards on your team to overpay a guy while still having massive holes on the wing... Not seeing the logic there. The $30 million can be used much more wisely.

Of course Harris and Ross don't matter in the long run but the Magic need to play them to boost their value, because they will for sure be traded for more assets to help the tank, they don't fit the timeline. But taking minutes away from them makes no sense in the short term.

It's all a moot point, Cavs aren't trading Sexton for #8, it's terrible value. Every rumored package is better than that.
    Clearly the nuance of cap, playing time, and team building is lost.

Let's just say that the Magic entertain this:

Harris and Ross were their two best chips for more rebuilding parts. Even if they get mid-to-late 1sts that's still something for in the future. Especially if a team doesn't have a TPE to bring a player in with, that could mean a better pick with a contract or a young player with a "lesser" pick coming back.

So without that they would have:
    Collin Sexton PG
    Jonathan Isaac PF
    Markelle Fultz PG
    Mo Bamba C
    Wendell Carter C
    Cole Anthony PG
    MCW PG
    Chuma Okeke PF
    RJ Hampton PG
    Dwayne Bacon SG

So you would have 5 PG's. Two of which are developmental, one of which if you wanted to move you would have to attach something to move due to the contract, and the last one you would basically have to give away to move.

So you give up the 8th pick in the draft, give away your two best asset collecting parts, create a log jam, and force yourself to trade off guys at a loss.

So maybe you package Mo Bamba and Markelle Fultz for an overpaid SF that a team wants to move. Maybe you get a Josh Richardson and a 2nd or heavily protected 1st to free up some logjam. More unlikely but maybe you can get a Luke Kennard and 2 2nds for that package.

Then you need to move RJ Hampton or Cole Anthony to someone. Maybe you can get an over the cap team with the need of a bench guy to send you a protected 1st for one of them. Maybe the Jazz, Sixers, Bucks, Lakers, GSW, Celtics can toss you something.

So then you look at a roster that would be:
    Collin Sexton PG
    Jonathan Isaac PF
    Wendell Carter C
    Josh Richardson/Luke Kennard SG
    MCW PG
    Chuma Okeke PF
    RJ Hampton PG
    Dwayne Bacon SG
    #5 pick - Kuminga (?)

Yea you got cap space, but who's coming there to play with that? Woof.

Clearly the nuance of cap, playing time, and team building is lost.

Let's just say that the Magic entertain this:

Harris and Ross were their two best chips for more rebuilding parts. Even if they get mid-to-late 1sts that's still something for in the future. Especially if a team doesn't have a TPE to bring a player in with, that could mean a better pick with a contract or a young player with a "lesser" pick coming back.

So without that they would have:
    Collin Sexton PG
    Jonathan Isaac PF
    Markelle Fultz PG
    Mo Bamba C
    Wendell Carter C
    Cole Anthony PG
    MCW PG
    Chuma Okeke PF
    RJ Hampton PG
    Dwayne Bacon SG

So you would have 5 PG's. Two of which are developmental, one of which if you wanted to move you would have to attach something to move due to the contract, and the last one you would basically have to give away to move.

So you give up the 8th pick in the draft, give away your two best asset collecting parts, create a log jam, and force yourself to trade off guys at a loss.

So maybe you package Mo Bamba and Markelle Fultz for an overpaid SF that a team wants to move. Maybe you get a Josh Richardson and a 2nd or heavily protected 1st to free up some logjam. More unlikely but maybe you can get a Luke Kennard and 2 2nds for that package.

Then you need to move RJ Hampton or Cole Anthony to someone. Maybe you can get an over the cap team with the need of a bench guy to send you a protected 1st for one of them. Maybe the Jazz, Sixers, Bucks, Lakers, GSW, Celtics can toss you something.

So then you look at a roster that would be:
    Collin Sexton PG
    Jonathan Isaac PF
    Wendell Carter C
    Josh Richardson/Luke Kennard SG
    MCW PG
    Chuma Okeke PF
    RJ Hampton PG
    Dwayne Bacon SG
    #5 pick - Kuminga (?)

Yea you got cap space, but who's coming there to play with that? Woof.
    It just makes more sense to go wing at #5 and wing at #8. While investing and developing in the 3 young point guards/combo guards already on the roster.

This isn't the 2019 Magic, they have PG/G depth coming outta their ears. The Magic didn't trade away their 3 best players + Aminu (4 of their 5 starters before the trade deadline) just to turn around and overpay an undersized, shoot first guy, that doesn't play a position of need.

Do you want to trade Sexton, if so, what for? If not, what do you think his next contract should look like?

You're the only Cav fan here, so your probably know Sexton better than anyone here. The rest of us just shooting the breeze until the draft and free agency start.
    I want to trade Sexton because I'd rather roll with Garland's potential. The two together don't quite fit and Sexton will need to be paid soon. I'd love to swing him for #5 and draft Mobley + Kuminga to go with Garland.

I'd sign and trade Allen for a future 1st + expirings if possible. Keep our flexibility open for the future. Obviously dumping Love would be great too. We're gonna suck in the '21-22 season no matter what we do so might as well try to open up cap for the future.
    The Baker has come. Believe the hype.

If he gets dealt it will be telling in his next season. If he is that good, then Cleveland should keep them and deal Garland not the other way around.

We need a #1 option BADLY and that's probably our biggest issue. I think Sexton will end up being a decent #2 option, but with our current roster construction he's not a great fit. It's too soon to tell with Garland but even if Garland can't be a #1 option (probably won't be), he definitely has a better feel for being a floor general. If we strike out on first bananas then we do need someone to distribute well.

Choosing Garland doesn't mean Sexton is bad or can't become better. It just means I believe Garland is a better fit for what I want to see going forward on a young team. If I had a Kawhi or Embiid or some other #1 option and was looking to contend for a championship I'd choose to keep Sexton.
    The Baker has come. Believe the hype.

Colin Sexton reportedly "very available"

Quote Originally Posted by Vee-Rex View Post
    I want to trade Sexton because I'd rather roll with Garland's potential. The two together don't quite fit and Sexton will need to be paid soon. I'd love to swing him for #5 and draft Mobley + Kuminga to go with Garland.

I'd sign and trade Allen for a future 1st + expirings if possible. Keep our flexibility open for the future. Obviously dumping Love would be great too. We're gonna suck in the '21-22 season no matter what we do so might as well try to open up cap for the future.
    Imo You would be getting Obi Toppin before people realize his value. I think he will be able to play 5, defend it pretty well, and be very valuable offensively.

I agree with dumping Allen. I watched him a good bit with the Nets and was never impressed. I honestly thought he got pushed around a lot

Last edited by ewing; 07-16-2021 at 11:09 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    My dick is named 'Ewing'.

Quote Originally Posted by Vee-Rex View Post

That actually makes the most sense. Avoid paying Allen or Sexton, then get a young big and wing to pair with Garland.

Sexton is not a starter in this league. Great scoring spark off the bench but he holds so many possessions hostage because of his tunnel vision. He hasn't shown a willingness to play within the flow of an offense.

Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 78910 LastLast