Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 78910 LastLast
    Ugh, definitely do not want to give both Ruiz and Gray up. I was hoping we could turn Ruiz or Smith into a 1st baseman. I think Gray is going to have really good stuff. I'll be honest, I'm glad I'm not the GM and have to make this decision.

Looks like the deal is being finalized. Bitter sweet if I'm being honest, but man, this should help the team significantly. We also picked up Danny Duffy earlier, which I think is a solid pick up

Quote Originally Posted by lamar2006 View Post
    Ruiz will be a stud offensively no question about that. I can see him being Carlos Santana. Grey is still 23 years old. Takes pitchers 2-3 years after they are called up to show what they truly have. Look @ May. He didn't look that good his rookie year but improved drastically before getting hurt. Ruiz will hurt but we have catcher in our farm system that are projected to be better overall catchers than him.
    Not that I entirely disagree with the general theme hereÖ

But werenít you the one suggesting we trade Keibert Ruiz for Josh Hader not so long ago? So youíd trade Ruiz for a closer, but not an ace?

If trading Ruiz for an ace does make sense to you, then your gripe would seem to be more about the Josiah for Turner side of things which also doesnít make sense to me because, if I remember correctly, you were literally just tearing apart the kid in his first startÖ

Maybe you still just want something to complain about regarding this FO?

Quote Originally Posted by Big Moves03 View Post
    Ugh, definitely do not want to give both Ruiz and Gray up. I was hoping we could turn Ruiz or Smith into a 1st baseman. I think Gray is going to have really good stuff. I'll be honest, I'm glad I'm not the GM and have to make this decision.
    Honestly, I loved both of these prospects, but I make this deal and donít look back.

Scherzer can be brought back and, if I remember correctly, he had stated that he wouldnít waive his NTC unless a team was going to extend him so Iím expecting additional news on that front.

And, MY GOD, Trae Turner is one hell of a ball player. This dude and Mookie were easily two of my favorite non-Dodgers for a long time. I heard rumors over the last couple days but had no hope it was an actually possibility.

I hate to say it, but this move makes Seager expendable and I think that was part of the point. Seager seems to be delaying his return and Iím guessing itís because heís prioritizing free agency over the team. Fully his right and should, of course, be his concern, but heís going to try and play the market and now we donít have to bid against ourselves. If he wants to come back, it will be on a reasonable deal. If not, we can let him walk.

I guess we should be discussing this in the news thread, but

Quote Originally Posted by GibbyIsMyHero View Post
    Honestly, I loved both of these prospects, but I make this deal and donít look back.

Scherzer can be brought back and, if I remember correctly, he had stated that he wouldnít waive his NTC unless a team was going to extend him so Iím expecting additional news on that front.

And, MY GOD, Trae Turner is one hell of a ball player. This dude and Mookie were easily two of my favorite non-Dodgers for a long time. I heard rumors over the last couple days but had no hope it was an actually possibility.

I hate to say it, but this move makes Seager expendable and I think that was part of the point. Seager seems to be delaying his return and Iím guessing itís because heís prioritizing free agency over the team. Fully his right and should, of course, be his concern, but heís going to try and play the market and now we donít have to bid against ourselves. If he wants to come back, it will be on a reasonable deal. If not, we can let him walk.
    Yeah, this is a crazy move that we were able to pull off. I also wouldnt be surprised if we pair Seager and Turner in the infield. I've said it many, many times before, but we have the best front office in all of sports. We just Keep adding talent and what I love about it is that we do it the right way or at least in a more honorable way than just going out and buying championships. We grow our farm system, draft right, develop our guys and handle our assets the right way, make the right trades, and usually make really nice signings when we do tap into the free agent market and we also hold onto the guys who are worth holding onto. Great moves all around by our front office and the deadline isnt even past yet. Who knows what else they will do in the next few hours lol

I swear this team becomes so brain****ed during these extra-inning games. The reigning World Champs should not be 1-11 in these situations.

Future Hall of Shamers:
    (1) B.A.L.C.O. Barroids (2) Mark McJuicer (3) Jose Chem-seco (4) Rafael Palmeiroids (5) Ken Chem-initi (6) Jason Gi-andro (7) Ryan Fraud (8) Muscle Melk (9) Woman-Ram (10) Shammy Sosa (11) Roger Clear-mens (12) A-Roid (13) Ryan HGHoward

Nobody should be 1-11 in extra inning games.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by dodgerdave View Post
    I swear this team becomes so brain****ed during these extra-inning games. The reigning World Champs should not be 1-11 in these situations.
    Quote Originally Posted by KobeOwnSU View Post
    Nobody should be 1-11 in extra inning games.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I get that extra innings is more of a game of chance now but this **** really is getting ridiculous. If we were even .500 in extra innings this season weíd have a few games lead in first

When does Cody get demoted or place on the IL with a phantom injury? Once Trea Turner returns to the team Cody has no spot to start. Cody shouldn't be taking @ bats over Pollock or Taylor. Taylor needs to be an everyday player. Cody if he keeps it up will be out of the league by next year. But hey Cody may surprise us and be a total stud come October but I doubt he can figure his **** out in time. You don't keep changing your batting stance every year and expect to be productive. Do you guys see Trout, Tatis Jr. Betts every year coming in with a new batting stance? Cody has been awful since the 2nd half of his MVP season. Cody is nothing better than a defensive replacement. Glad that Doc finally woked the ****ed up and batted him 7th but to be honest Cody is our worst hitter right now. I would take Urias taking swings over him right now. Shame how Cody has fallen in 2 years.

BTW Jansen still looks washed up. He can't have any clean innings anymore. He has to walk and load the bases almost every time he pitches. Giving us heart attacks. Sure, he can probably get saves against the Pirates, Orioles, Rockies and Dbacks but I have no faith in him getting out Tatis, Machado, Posey or anyone good when it matters.
    Last edited by lamar2006; 07-31-2021 at 08:19 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Big Moves03 View Post
    Yeah, this is a crazy move that we were able to pull off. I also wouldnt be surprised if we pair Seager and Turner in the infield. I've said it many, many times before, but we have the best front office in all of sports. We just Keep adding talent and what I love about it is that we do it the right way or at least in a more honorable way than just going out and buying championships. We grow our farm system, draft right, develop our guys and handle our assets the right way, make the right trades, and usually make really nice signings when we do tap into the free agent market and we also hold onto the guys who are worth holding onto. Great moves all around by our front office and the deadline isnt even past yet. Who knows what else they will do in the next few hours lol
    For sure.

Last offseason I argued that we should prioritize Seager and Lindor over Bellinger if Seager was willing to move positions.

As much as Iíve always ogled over Bellingerís power potential and defense, I think he has a shorter window of offensive eliteness given that his power comes from putting so much stress on his back and heís such a wirey guy as it is. I donít believe that heís finished as an offensive talent, but I also donít think heís ever getting anywhere near back to elite status.

Iíve always been more bullish on Seager than Bellinger as a pure hitter, but I actually like Trea Tunerís overall game even more. Coreyís value is certainly down right now given his injury history and that the broken hand essentially guaranteed that he wasnít going to have the year everyone was expecting would land him the mega deal he was supposed to get. Thatís a great thing for us. He may be willing to take a 2-3yr deal with a high AAV or a 5yr deal for less annually, with the understanding that heís coming back to play 3B long term.

Turner has one year left on his deal which would set us up perfectly if the universal DH is implemented. Iíd also really like to see CT3 come back and might prioritize him over Seager at this point. Seagerís potential with the bat is on another level, but CT3 is consistent and always available; the best ability is availability. CT3 is going to get PAID if he wants to. He loves LA though and may follow in JTís footsteps to take a discount.

Should be an interesting offseason.
    The Tweeter Handle: @DSchneider_05

Roberts needs to stop playing McKinney every day.

Future Hall of Shamers:
    (1) B.A.L.C.O. Barroids (2) Mark McJuicer (3) Jose Chem-seco (4) Rafael Palmeiroids (5) Ken Chem-initi (6) Jason Gi-andro (7) Ryan Fraud (8) Muscle Melk (9) Woman-Ram (10) Shammy Sosa (11) Roger Clear-mens (12) A-Roid (13) Ryan HGHoward

Quote Originally Posted by dodgerdave View Post
    Roberts needs to stop playingBellinger/McKinneyevery day.

Fixed. I really want to know what Doc and FO will do when Turner is available. No room for either Taylor or Pollock. Looks like Pollock will be the one to ride the bench while Cody and his scorching .156 batting average play everyday. If Doc and FO are smart you put your best 8 players in the lineup every day going forward. We need to catch the Giants and Cody being on the bench or in the minors until he get his **** together is better for the team. Lux has no room either. Doesn't benefit him to only play 1-2x every week when he needs @ bats.

Ever since that terrible series he had against the Marlins, Pollock has torn the cover off the ball. He's certainly earned his way into playing every day.

Future Hall of Shamers:

I thought it was kind of weird that Mookie played second base today. Especially since he was just coming off the DL.

Future Hall of Shamers:

Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 78910 LastLast