Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by lamar2006 View Post
    bruh. We can't say anything negative about the Dodgers because you would take the opposite position every time. I can say Dodgers can't throw anybody out to save their lives and you would come here and defend them and say "well how can you throw them out when you have Kenny Lofton, Rickey Henderson running the bases" when in fact it's more like Bartolo Colon and Albert Pujols. Let me guess since Dodgers won the WS that makes Roberts the best manager right?
    No, its because the things you guys often say are beyond absurd. I can list off many of them off the top of my head, like trading away Seager about 1.5 years ago, along with Urias and Turner, firing Friedman. If some of you guys had it your way, we would've traded just about everyone away at this point lol. When there's a legitimate point that gets brought up I don't have any issues with it. Like right now, we need some starting pitching due to injuries and the Bauer situation, but some of you guys just overreact at every turn, which is crazy given how amazing this team is and has been really for about a decade now.
    Last edited by Big Moves03; 07-20-2021 at 12:39 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Big Moves03 View Post
    No, its because the things you guys often say are beyond absurd. I can list off many of them off the top of my head, like trading away Seager about 1.5 years ago, along with Urias and Turner, firing Friedman. If some of you guys had it your way, we would've traded just about everyone away at this point lol. When there's a legitimate point that gets brought up I don't have any issues with it. Like right now, we need some starting pitching due to injuries and the Bauer situation, but some of you guys just overreact at every turn, which is crazy given how amazing this team is and has been really for about a decade now.
    But weíd have Chapman and that child molester closer from the Pirates.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ok. who do you think we should trade for and who do we offer? If Indians offered you Bieber for Codi straight up do you do that trade? yes or no?

At this point, 3-4 innings out of Gonsolin, 3-4 innings out of Price, and bullpen games, accounting for 60% of the starting rotation, just ain't gonna cut it. We need to extend these guys to pitch deeper into the game. These sabertards are just too overprotective. Either that or just make a damn trade.

Future Hall of Shamers:
    (1) B.A.L.C.O. Barroids (2) Mark McJuicer (3) Jose Chem-seco (4) Rafael Palmeiroids (5) Ken Chem-initi (6) Jason Gi-andro (7) Ryan Fraud (8) Muscle Melk (9) Woman-Ram (10) Shammy Sosa (11) Roger Clear-mens (12) A-Roid (13) Ryan HGHoward

I'm not trading away Bellinger at this stage. If it's the same story next season then it's definitely worth considering, but not right now (yeah it's annoying that he's struggling, but he also hasn't really played very much this season); he was threatening for the triple crown 2 years ago and was over .400 for a decent chunk of the season so I'm not giving up on that kind of player so early on. I would be willing to move guys like Lux and Rios. I'd be willing to offer up some talent, but definitely not selling the farm for anyone. Scherzer would be nice, I wouldnt mind making a run at Gray for the right price. I trust this front office though so I'm confident they will make the right move

Quote Originally Posted by KobeOwnSU View Post
    But weíd have Chapman and that child molester closer from the Pirates.

Quote Originally Posted by dodgerdave View Post
    At this point, 3-4 innings out of Gonsolin, 3-4 innings out of Price, and bullpen games, accounting for 60% of the starting rotation, just ain't gonna cut it. We need to extend these guys to pitch deeper into the game. These sabertards are just too overprotective. Either that or just make a damn trade.
    The flip side of it though is if we push Gonsolin too hard and then he gets hurt then we're in an even tougher spot. I do think we're planning to make a trade or three though before the deadline.

Careful Big Moves, youíre bound to be called out for ďtelling people how to thinkĒ 😆
    The Tweeter Handle: @DSchneider_05

The flip side of it though is if we push Gonsolin too hard and then he gets hurt then we're in an even tougher spot. I do think we're planning to make a trade or three though before the deadline.
    Yeah, Price hasnít pitched 5 innings in a game since July 24th, 2019. He only started 22 games that season and he wasnít healthy all year. He didnít build up like a starter this spring and itís not like he had been all that impressive until very recently.

Iím not sure why sabermetrics is still the default villain - every team uses advanced metrics these days. Since Friedman took over in 2014 the Dodgers rankÖ

Win Total - 1st
    WS appearances - 1st
    ERA - first
    Pitching Strikeouts - 2nd
    Homeruns - 4th (1st in NL 125 more than 2nd place Brewers)
    OPS - 3rd (2nd in NL, .001 behind the Rockies who play at Coors Field)
    Runs Scored - 5th (2nd in NL, again to the Rockies)

Iím not sure how we can knock the short term results, and the long term results, and the success while battling through injury. This FO has been exceptional.
    The Tweeter Handle: @DSchneider_05

Quote Originally Posted by GibbyIsMyHero View Post
    Careful Big Moves, youíre bound to be called out for ďtelling people how to thinkĒ 😆

Quote Originally Posted by GibbyIsMyHero View Post
    Yeah, Price hasnít pitched 5 innings in a game since July 24th, 2019. He only started 22 games that season and he wasnít healthy all year. He didnít build up like a starter this spring and itís not like he had been all that impressive until very recently.

Iím not sure why sabermetrics is still the default villain - every team uses advanced metrics these days. Since Friedman took over in 2014 the Dodgers rankÖ

Win Total - 1st
    WS appearances - 1st
    ERA - first
    Pitching Strikeouts - 2nd
    Homeruns - 4th (1st in NL 125 more than 2nd place Brewers)
    OPS - 3rd (2nd in NL, .001 behind the Rockies who play at Coors Field)
    Runs Scored - 5th (2nd in NL, again to the Rockies)

Iím not sure how we can knock the short term results, and the long term results, and the success while battling through injury. This FO has been exceptional.
    Agree 100000%. I've been saying it for years now, but we have the best front office, not just in baseball, but in all of the major American sports (or at least a strong argument can be made for that position). Most teams with our injuries would be near the bottom of the league, but year in and year out, it doesn't matter who goes down, we're battling for the best record in the league. The crazy thing is that it's not even fair to complain about short-term results, because we've honestly been killing it this season. I think a lot of our guys on here just overreact and panic after every loss. At this point, I have faith that the FO will make the right moves that will give us the best shot to compete this year and for many years to come.

Josiah Gray was officially called up a few minutes ago. He will be the starting pitcher tonight.

Correction: their will be a starter and Josiah will come out of the pen.

Gray looks good solid so far

Gray looks good solid so far
    He had 1 good inning and average the rest of the time. This is like some of you who were high on Lux when he had 2 good games in 1 week and boasting how a lot of us had given up on him. What has Lux done since then? Gray has great stuff but his command isn't there yet. May take him 2-3 years to fully command his pitches but hey at least he isn't as bad as Uceta who walks 2-3 guys before he gives up bombs.

Edit: 2 great innings, 2 bad innings. But either way he is already better than Uceta, Reed or any of the other guys we have called up so far. Gray needs 2-3 good years and he can be Buehler like. Future SP's looks bright with May, Urias, Gray and hopefully Bruns.
    Last edited by lamar2006; 07-21-2021 at 12:10 AM.

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast